Question about the Beacon: JoL?

So it reads "Any heals you cast"

Does JoL qualify? It should, it's still YOUR healing spell, and in a 25 man, with 5-7 melee DPS plus tanks cranking out JoL and giving it to the Beacon, it might add up to be quite a bit, not to mention if you get in there and mix it up with a fast 1-hander + haste and SoL.

Do JoL and SoL generate the effect?

If so, how much do they accumulate, and if not, WTF not?! Get on it, Blizzard!

Re: Question about the Beacon: JoL?

Ehh...

No?

Any why should it? It would not only be overpowered beond measure but the healing effect that is triggered off Judgement of Light is technically not a heal you cast.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Ehh...

No?

Any why should it? It would not only be overpowered beond measure but the healing effect that is triggered off Judgement of Light is technically not a heal you cast.
    Well, Mr. Pooponmyparade, do you think it would be overpowered if JoL-sharing via Beacon replaced the current effect, rather than being combined with it? You'd lose the group healing benefit, but the tank would be mostly taken care of, enabling you to focus your direct healing on off tanks and so on, kinda the reverse of the effect it has now.

I like it... but then, I like anything that makes Holy Paladins unique... so...

Some fundamentals;

- A Holy Paladin can quite easily get Judgment of Light to trigger for 350+ health.
    - The average raid has 18 players attacking the boss.

So we have 18 players who have a chance of proccing a 350 heal. Math: 18 * 350 * 0.50 (Judgement of Light has a 50% proc chance) = 3150.

The average attackspeed in a raid is 2.10, so you would be looking at 1500 HPS from just a Judgement? Yeah, that would still be quite overpowered .

Yeah. JoL proccing off spells? Sometimes I fail ;(

15+ Year Old Account

JoL has a 4 sec internal CD now, and I doubt there'd be 18 melees in a raid (or has it been changed to proc off spells too since BC?), so those numbers wouldn't happen but yeah it would still be a bit OP.
    My name is Necrox, and I'm an altoholic.

Wouldn't work as far as log mechanics work. If you've ever read a Judgement proc in a combat log, you'd know that judgements appear as the proccer's heal. Otherwise you'd already see Retribution Paladins in meters in the middle to the back of the healing meters. If judgements were changed to be listed as YOUR heal it might be more appropriate to say that it would work with beacon.

JoL's internal cooldown is on a per person, per mob basis. You can have JoL simultaneously on 2-3 mobs, aoe them all and get 3 procs of JoL at once.

You also gotta remember that it's effective heals

So if you heal your target or a member heals themselves but are already topped off, beacon isn't doing anything.
    BAMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs
    You also gotta remember that it's effective heals

So if you heal your target or a member heals themselves but are already topped off, beacon isn't doing anything.
    Ahh, this is true, I hadn't thought about that angle, in that setting, it wouldn't really be OP, because it'd almost never do anything you could notice for the main tank.

Still a shame we can't get Holy Paladins an excuse to swing their weapon. Crai.

When a rogue smacks a mob judged with Light, I think the healing is done by the rogue. So it fails the "Any heals you cast" test.

Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    When a rogue smacks a mob judged with Light, I think the healing is done by the rogue. So it fails the "Any heals you cast" test.
    Indeed.

Basutai, you know you're one of my favorite forum posters because you do all the math that I used to do, and I get to be lazy.

But the prolonged lack of exposure to brain has given me a case of brain withdrawal.

What are you saying in layman's terms?

Further, on an opinion level, do you think it would be cool if Holy Paladins were tailored, or at least given the tools, to be a melee healer, who heals by an extension of, or by vehicle of, their melee weapon swings?

Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    This has been covered, but thank you.

However, given the opportunity to change the mechanic so that any JoL procs are simply 'shared' with the target of Beacon, would that be an interesting vehicle?

And not that it amounts to anything, but if the Holy Paladin is HIMSELF triggering the SoL/JoL heal, would THAT, then count, as it is the Holy Paladin healing, granted only healing himself, if he is within range?

Holy Bananas, on several layers.

WoW @ your brainchild, that's some epic, epic stuff.

Also, WoW @ the healing potential of JoL, maybe cutting it down to 50% in this theoretical situation would be appropriate, essentially making it a HoT dependant on other melees, if they all die, though, the tank does too.

It's just such a shame that Holy Paladin healing has to be from max range, when they've already got plate armor and shields, talents like Blessed Life, so they're not the squishiest characters in the game, a stray cleave might not be an automatic death sentence for them

With JoL and SoL already in place, there's so much potential for a Holy Paladin to be something truly unique and fun to play, and it seems like every big patch that goes by is wasting that potential.

JoL procs off Melee and Spells, just for the record but I believe like some people said the heals done are counted for the person who did the damage not the person who has the judgment up.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    JoL procs off Melee and Spells, just for the record but I believe like some people said the heals done are counted for the person who did the damage not the person who has the judgment up.
    What if it's the Holy Paladin himself generating Seal/Judgement of Light... does it work then? It's a heal performed by the Holy Paladin himself... granted it would amount to essentially nothing.