Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Possible Ret Paladin Rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin
    I think what he meant by switching to a 1h was incase you lose you stack of vengeance. Faster swings=faster stack...just a guess as to what he meant.
    it only takes one rotation to get a 5 stack now. And if you lose a stack it's from inexperience. (I am inexperienceD) It's alot easier than ti ever was. 2xmelee (3.6 seconds) + DS, Judge, and CS = 5 attacks... 5 stacks.. 3 cooldowns will go off at 3 seconds.. so within 3.6 seconds (supposing no misses) your 5 stack is refreshed if it fell off.

Beyond that. as I said. Recount showed a net 200 dps increase from seal twisting. over using only one seal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin
    I think what he meant by switching to a 1h was incase you lose you stack of vengeance. Faster swings=faster stack...just a guess as to what he meant.
    Afterthought. You'd lose more Dps by swapping to a fast 1hander to restack your vengeance than you would just swinging with your two-hander. because your DS and Cs are based off your weapon damage. the time you were witha one-hander would be a huge cut into your dps with CS and DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugrateful
    Well the reason why I was suggesting to not have a deadzone on it is because Prot Paladins cannot get 5-6 yards away from the boss while tanking, or it would seem a bit hard too, and since Consecration is one of the main threat generators it would just add more headaches if you needed range to use it.
    Oh for PVE?

You usually suggest interrupts and distance closers for PVP .

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpiodrush
    Afterthought. You'd lose more Dps by swapping to a fast 1hander to restack your vengeance than you would just swinging with your two-hander. because your DS and Cs are based off your weapon damage. the time you were witha one-hander would be a huge cut into your dps with CS and DS.
    I think you misunderstood me, I just was taking a stab at what he may or may not have been saying. I in no way would endorse the loss of my 2hander, because I did not have sexual relations with the 1hander.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugrateful
    Depending on if you crit or not, yes you're right.

Seal of Corruption, Consecration, Divine storm, Crusader strike, Seal of Blood, Judgement.

Your macro should look like this while you have Seal of corruption on

/castsequeance reset=8 Consecration, Divine storm, Crusader Strike, Seal of Blood
    /cast judgement of wisdom ( or light w.e you are using at the time)

You can choose to set the reset to 9 if you like to give you some room for AW.

Correct me if the math is wrong but i believe this is what you will be looking for from a spam macro while pveing in raids.
    Last I tried a macro like that doesn't quite function correctly. There is a limit to the number of GCD spells you can string together. one of my macro's early didn't work for such a thing. I'd prefer not to use two macros (one for veng, the other for blood) But we'll see.

What I'm really interested in is seeing how macro and spec like this (or mine) may compare tot he more traditional "cookie cutter" type specs that I'm sure will find it's place. I think I may have to wait and see as others do their own theorycrafting.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. If you all would like to help this further let me know. (Take testign vs the traditional spec, provide more numbers etc. )) I'm really interested in knowing the PvE difference between the 10second rotation to the varied rotation I'm sure the cookie cutter builds will form from.

Why would PoJ and E4E be in a ret pally raiding build?

Quote Originally Posted by pallyzzpower
    Why would PoJ and E4E be in a ret pally raiding build?
    on't have E4E in mine,. but I do ahve PoJ just caus eI ahte moving slow, aside fromt hat my build is purposely tryign not to reduce the judgement cooldown, so they go there instead. No purpose, just nothign else to do with em.

I'm a fan of Seal Twisting, I think that's why Vengeance's damage is so high right now, but if Judging now causes Seal damage (I've been away from my computer for almost 48 hours... I guess a lot can change) then that might be the ability I macro Seal of Vengeance into, as it also enables me to always be using my strongest Judgment (Probably, we'll see how Martyr scales in the late game, and if the weapon damage on the Judgment will catch up to the 50% raw increase in damage.)

But is 52% of base mana for the seal swapping, DS + CS going to be balanced out by Replenishment and JotW and JoW?

That's of course assuming you seal-twist instead of just adding a consecration to your standard DPS rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff
    I'm a fan of Seal Twisting, I think that's why Vengeance's damage is so high right now, but if Judging now causes Seal damage (I've been away from my computer for almost 48 hours... I guess a lot can change) then that might be the ability I macro Seal of Vengeance into, as it also enables me to always be using my strongest Judgment (Probably, we'll see how Martyr scales in the late game, and if the weapon damage on the Judgment will catch up to the 50% raw increase in damage.)

But is 52% of base mana for the seal swapping, DS + CS going to be balanced out by Replenishment and JotW and JoW?

That's of course assuming you seal-twist instead of just adding a consecration to your standard DPS rotation.
    I would say without consecration, Yes, most likely. With concecration... No. you'll ahve to drop your rotation for a short peroid of time to get your mana back... although I haven't tried with wisdom on the target yet. Or outside heals (from blood).