Naxx Retadin 4 piece bonus

Let me start this off with what it is for those who haven't seen it yet:

"(4) Set: Reduces the cooldown of Judgement of Light, Judgement of Wisdom, and Judgement of Justice by 1 second."

Anyone care to explain how this helps in anyway in a raid setting for a Retadin? I can understand if it was judgements in general (which might be a little overpowered). This really confused me. I understand the need to keep these judgements up, however why would we need to judge this every 7 seconds (with talents)? Anyone seeing something that I am not?
    I am the interglow that lets you know to call your brother son.

Re: Naxx Retadin 4 piece bonus

You see, with the new seal/judgement system, these judgments are the only ones we have, there's no general Judgment for everything. So this is pretty good set bonus, you can judge more often in your rotation.

plus the judgements do damage,so with talents this is a 1/8 dps increase for your judgement spells.

Judging Blood/Marty now also procs the Seal, same with Vengeance/Corruption. It did last patch too so probably not a bug at this point but a PvE buff.

Ah okay, this does make more sense then. I am not in Beta and for whatever reason I guess this slipped by me in the patch notes. I thought we still had the judgement for other seals as well. Didn't know that Judgement of Light for example would also preform the judge effect of the current active seal. Thanks for clarifying that.
    I am the interglow that lets you know to call your brother son.

yiptastic

1/8 dps increase is a good deal from a set bonus.

1/8 = 12.5% increase, but not to our total dps. Only to Judgment dps. Still, good bonus.

finally theyve moved away from the utterly useless ones like the buff to Seal of Light for holy in BC :P

Not to mention, if you use those 3 judgements exclusive. You can scroll up the tree and take 1 talent point out of imp judgements if you had points already (and typically 1 point is being referred to as the best for prot, I imagine 2 points for ret would be good too). It gives you a skill point back basically.
    I play the class in WotLK that is the worst spec class, that got nerfed, while all the other spec's got buffed. Which class is that? All of them of course...if you believe forum posts

Also remember that it is only a T7 bonus. They have to keep the good brew for T8 and T9 4 pieces bonus :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Omatre
    You can scroll up the tree and take 1 talent point out of imp judgements if you had points already (and typically 1 point is being referred to as the best for prot, I imagine 2 points for ret would be good too). It gives you a skill point back basically.
    Why would you do this thing? Is Judgment damage "just to high" and you're not comfortable competing on the dps meters?

Do prot paladins look at their TPS and say, "man I'm building way too much threat, how are the fury warriors supposed to pull aggro if I keep this up?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vertego
    Ah okay, this does make more sense then. I am not in Beta and for whatever reason I guess this slipped by me in the patch notes. I thought we still had the judgement for other seals as well. Didn't know that Judgement of Light for example would also preform the judge effect of the current active seal. Thanks for clarifying that.
    Yeah. They broke Judgement up into 3 Judgements. Light, Wisdom, and Justice, which do the same things as judging their seals used to do as well as whatever seal's judgement you have active. So, using Judgement of Wisdom while Seal of Righteousness is active causes damage to the target as well as applying the wisdom debuff which gives attacks the chance to replenish mana.

Also, the Judgements of the Wise talent activates when you use Judgement of Wisdom and not Light or Justice, but it doesn't matter what seal you have up at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by LrdPhoenix
    Yeah. They broke Judgement up into 3 Judgements. Light, Wisdom, and Justice, which do the same things as judging their seals used to do as well as whatever seal's judgement you have active. So, using Judgement of Wisdom while Seal of Righteousness is active causes damage to the target as well as applying the wisdom debuff which gives attacks the chance to replenish mana.

Also, the Judgements of the Wise talent activates when you use Judgement of Wisdom and not Light or Justice, but it doesn't matter what seal you have up at the time.
    Judgements of the wise proc on every judgement not just wisdom.
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

I wonder where he got that from?

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

this bonus will also help alot with coo;dpwn timers

15+ Year Old Account

I don't know what the new ret rotation will look like; if judgements are happening a second sooner with the bonus - 7 secs fully talented - is there actually room in the rotation to judge that second sooner?

The DPS gain for a spell that IIRC isn't even a major DPS contributor makes this seem like the only reasons for judging every 7 secs anyway is for more personal mana returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nich
    I don't know what the new ret rotation will look like; if judgements are happening a second sooner with the bonus - 7 secs fully talented - is there actually room in the rotation to judge that second sooner?

The DPS gain for a spell that IIRC isn't even a major DPS contributor makes this seem like the only reasons for judging every 7 secs anyway is for more personal mana returned.
    Judgements are now a larger part of our Rotation, if it's true that Judging now also generates the Seal's damage, and that's not just a bug, then Judgement will be the single most important ability at your disposal, and CS/DS will wait for IT to finish GCD.

If it is a bug, then CS/DS are probably still more damage.

While Avenging Wrath is active, and you have the Sanctified Wrath talent, can you plug another Paladin while he's in his bubble? (Random question of the day that I haven't been able to test)