@ Beta-Tester: Corruption & Metamorphosis

Two questions to all who can test at the actual version of WOTLK

1) Everrlasting Affliction
    a) "Your corruption [...] spells gain an additional 5% of your bonus spell damage effects each time they inflict damage..."

b) "and your drain life an shadow bold spells have a 100% chance to reset the duration of your corruption spell on the target."

This would mean, that corruption (a) will become stronger and stronger, the longer it ticks on the mob (20 ticks = + 100% bonus spell dmg) and (b) it never runs out if ur not acting dumb. In a long bossfight this would make horrible ticks if it works like this....

2) Metamorphosis
    "You transform into an Demon [...] increases [...] damage by 40% [...]. You gain some unique demon abilities IN ADDITION to your abilities."

Does this mean you get +40% Dmg an can use ur "normal" spells (SB)? And what about the summoned demon? Does it stay by ur side in the current version of WOTLK?

Thx for testing....

Whetbix

Re: @ Beta-Tester: Corruption & Metamorphosis

Read some posts about this, and at first I thought it was like you said, though now I think it's just bad wording.

I think your ticks gain 5% of your spellpower, if you have 1000, each tick gets 50, non-increasing

And for Meta, yes, sounds very OP, but I doubt they are done with it.

@meta, yep you can cast all your normal spells while metamorphed
    and yes demon is still summoned what means you still have SL and MD and all that stuff

Quote Originally Posted by frester
    @meta, yep you can cast all your normal spells while metamorphed
    and yes demon is still summoned what means you still have SL and MD and all that stuff
    Sounds a little like a "must have" :-)

.... btw is there a cooldown for Meta (it lasts 45 Sek, right?), and how much mana does it need?

THX
    Whetbix

Demonology and PVP locks are going to find Metamorphosis to be incredibly attractive, because it evens the playing field against melee classes. However, I don't really see the allure as far as raiding and leveling is concerned.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfTheRood
    Demonology and PVP locks are going to find Metamorphosis to be incredibly attractive, because it evens the playing field against melee classes. However, I don't really see the allure as far as raiding and leveling is concerned.
    With the current setup Metamorphosis should basicly increase your overall DPS by 6% in raids. I can't say for sure how this competes with Devastation since Imp SB and some demo talents do get little extra out of that additional 5% crit. For long term DPS Metamorphosis might even be the worse of the two but especially with trinkets and other similar stuff it can be great if some burst damage is required in an encounter. It might be that some demon form abilities might make Metamorphosis even the best talent to take when you go full demo since at least for aoe'ing it should be awesome due the increased armor and immolation aura.

For leveling it should be ok'ish talent but in my opinion it will really shine when you get jumped while farming for exp since it makes up for the health you might be lacking...

By the way it has been over 1 year since I last time played WoW so I apologize if I'm way off in here. :P