Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Metamorphosis > Dispersion

Metamorphosis is not as good as everyone thinks it is... It's nice, seems fun but not OMG...

Obviously is something locks always wanted: a dps cooldown, but makes them easy prey to new CC and requires them to forget that sl/sl build everyone hates. Still it's in the pet tree and those 40% extra dps aren't real 40% extra dps...

And I have to say that my shaman would love your dispersion for PVP...

Can be used while in CC!! + 90% damage reduction + 6% mana every second... Wouldn't call it bad

Quote Originally Posted by elderamy
    Metamorphosis is not as good as everyone thinks it is...

Obviously is something locks always wanted: a dps cooldown, but makes them easy prey to new CC and requires them to forget that sl/sl build everyone hates.

And I have to say that my shaman would love your dispersion for PVP...

Can be used while in CC!! + 90% damage reduction + 6% mana every second... Wouldn't call it bad

its like innervate + clos of shadows on melee/casters

but i think the bonus damage buff should be allowed even if you are harmed during the effect

edit *** booo when did they remove the bonus damage

Stop complaining and go UA Soul link like all good warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkjounin
    From my priest's opinion: GIEF VAMPIRIC TRANSFORMATION! You can guess what it does.. You transform into a vampire with vampiric spells and your normal SHADOW spells. Any holy heals will damage you. 75% of shadowdmg caused heals you. You regen 1% mana and hp/sec. Lasts 45 sec. (Increases the chance you will be missed by 20%)

Not so OP, thinking of Demon form as it is now, 40% DMG INCREASE OMG! Charge, and so on, it's sick! 600% armor!
    I kinda like it. The holy heals doing damage would be an interesting way to balance it out, but what if it were more like an extention of Shadowform? I.e. make Shadowform a pre-req, and have the vamp. form permanent? While I do think the transformation would make the lock transformation non-unique, it's not like transforming is iconic to locks anyways, and the actual stats, especially if it was a permanent form, or nowhere near the same. The more I think about it, the more potential that has.

Quote Originally Posted by Inept

uggg sadly unless they fix the pet situation high end arena will still be... instagib the pet then own the lock

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    Dont forget... meta = a big blackish/purple flag for paladins to fear me or do extra holy damage

oh yea

Glyph of turn evil - makes your turn evil spell instant

really lets not compare 51 pt talents because honestly most locks that i know including top rated arena and t6+ pve locks would prefer something more than a cheezy timer that allows you to be CCd more
    You trade one for another. Your a demon which means u can not be sap'd or sheep. But if there is a paladin in the arena you can be feared....wow now locks get done what they have been doing for years...but again only if there is a paladin rdy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by preludemp1
    You trade one for another. Your a demon which means u can not be sap'd or sheep. But if there is a paladin in the arena you can be feared....wow now locks get done what they have been doing for years...but again only if there is a paladin rdy for them.
    Or a lock to banish us.

Edit: You do make a good point though, that we're not just gaining 2 new ways to be CC'd, we're also dropping 2.

its like innervate + clos of shadows on melee/casters

but i think the bonus damage buff should be allowed even if you are harmed during the effect

lol @ that (relax not in a bad way)...

as for the other replies...ill stop posting about them, this could never end.

15+ Year Old Account

right i see it everywhere, rogues that sap chars while fighting, oh wait do you suggest to pop meta before fighting? ehm hell of an idea

and if there is a warlock against us we can be banished, thats what i wanted another form of CC, there is just not enough outside that can CC me... uh m what?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

what?

Quote Originally Posted by Inept
    This is a priest whine thread in case you haven't noticed...

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    right i see it everywhere, rogues that sap chars while fighting, oh wait do you suggest to pop meta before fighting? ehm hell of an idea

and if there is a warlock against us we can be banished, thats what i wanted another form of CC, there is just not enough outside that can CC me... uh m what?
    why not??..its not like u only have 3 seconds to use it...u have 45..so if youre facing a rogue i dont see why u cant meta b4 the fight starts... (then again my post is rendered obsolete if they dont put paranoia back in :P, but i guess there can be figured strategies out to help with that)

Quote Originally Posted by elderamy
    what?

This is a priest whine thread in case you haven't noticed...
    i think he was referring to the 25% dmg increase for 1 min if u dont get any dmg while dispersion is up

Quote Originally Posted by dsmet
    i think he was referring to the 25% dmg increase for 1 min if u don't get any dmg while dispersion is up
    Haaa... It sucks it got nerfed so bad... in PVP it probably wouldn't make no difference, but I'm hoping to see a shadow priest sharing raids with us... (hoping they are competitive with other classes...)

I support SP cause if they feel their dps is low... I just don't like these comparison threads as in talent A > Talent B

imo 25% was abit much, but then again, the conditions for this to happen werent easy to fulfill anyway, what with all the aoe dmg raid bosses do...i guess it wouldnt be as OP in instances since the bosses there are fairly easy in most cases, but in a raid that 25% could make a pretty decent difference.

hell i would be ok with 10% for 1 minute, just get rid of the requirement.

I really like when peoples answer to things are "Go reroll." Like some of the people here are saying "go reroll a warlock." Seems like they are the people also complaining that they don't want every class to be the same blah blah blah...well you know what? If everyone rolls a warlock, then everyone IS the same.

I do not think the OP's intention was to have the SAME talent as a warlock, he was using it as an example to show how weak the spriests 51 talent currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by Irspriest
    I really like when peoples answer to things are "Go reroll." Like some of the people here are saying "go reroll a warlock." Seems like they are the people also complaining that they don't want every class to be the same blah blah blah...well you know what? If everyone rolls a warlock, then everyone IS the same.

I do not think the OP's intention was to have the SAME talent as a warlock, he was using it as an example to show how weak the spriests 51 talent currently is.
    I think he means me
    Signature too large...

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzun
    I think he means me
    Because you were the one with the mindless suggestion to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticSong
    Or a lock to banish us.

Edit: You do make a good point though, that we're not just gaining 2 new ways to be CC'd, we're also dropping 2.

you are most likely not gonna get sapped if you are blowing meta cooldown anyways
    meta is pretty much the demo version of "oh crap" its not gonna be used by any skilled lock to open a battle with (lawl at those locks that still open with deathcoil)

so it saves us from sheep.... im still more afraid of pallys, mages should be sheeping your healers anyways now a pally just has to instant fear my 5 min cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    Plus liek shadowbolt and mid blast are different. How comes SoC is not identical to mind sear....

There is little value in pointing out the difference in various 51 point talents. At least ours works unlike the holy pala's - let alone holy priests who get uber pointlessness.....

I do not mind discussing dispersions weakness. This is just.... QQ
    51 pt. talents should have similar budgets for their power. Looking at the raw numbers here one can say unequivocally that Metamorphosis is better.

That said, the OP forgot to mention that Metamorphosis removes the Warlock's pet, which in the case of the Fel Hunter is a Warlock's only dispel, both offensive and defensive.

Not enough to level them in my opinion.

Meta doesnt dismiss ur pet anymore. Maybe im wrong but the tooltip gives me right