Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Priests build 8982

So Far :

Shadow
    Improved shadow word pain : nerfed to 3%/6% (was 5%/10%)
    Mind flay : Scaled down Rank 9 damage decrease (Down to 588, was 690, almost a 15% nerf)
    Twisted Faith : Damage done by Mind blast and Mind flay increases by 10% (5/5 talents) if your target is afflicted by Mind flay (wtf)

Update :

Shadow Word: Pain damage has been reduced. (1530 to 1380 - thats a 10% nerf )

Re: Priests build 8982

Twisted Faith : Damage done by Mind blast and Mind flay increases by 10% (5/5 talents) if your target is afflicted by Mind flay (wtf)

typo wtf ^^
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Shadow Priests
    Useless for utility, bring a hunter instead, they can do more dps and probably bring even more utility.

Useless for DPS, still worst raid dps by far, no doubt.

Useless for arena, hardly any escape abilities, or any cc, damage sucks, no survivalbility (Dispersion is rubbish)

Useless spec now...pissed off with blizzard big time

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetoez
    Shadow Priests
    Useless for utility, bring a hunter instead, they can do more dps and probably bring even more utility.

Useless for arena, hardly any escape abilities, or any cc, damage sucks, no survivalbility (Dispersion is rubbish)

QQ??

They have us doing too much DPS at the moment, hence the nerfs, and you are complaining about it?

Utility is fine, and DPS is being tweaked.

Arena? We shall see. I am looking forward to PvP in wotlk.

they had us doing to much dps with the +25% dmg bonus for 1 min thanks to dispersion. That was gone after 1 day, and more nerfs to follow.

Our dps wasn't too high with dispersion, back to 10th place in dmg meter here i come, useless utility here i come. Dps isn't being tweaked it's being lowered when it doesn't need to be.

They have spriests for a target of 2500 DPS in Naxx gear sustained over 5 minutes. They have said they want all other DPS to be around this number - which is bizarre as hell considering DPS is clearing higher than this to kill Brutallis. This is a lot higher than the, say, 1600 DPS spriests do in Sunwell but considering hunters might clear 3k, that means they expect hunters to do 500 less DPS at 80 than they do at 70.

WTB a clue for Koraa, PST.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetoez
    Shadow Priests

do you play on the ptr or beta? we were out dpsing most everyone else in the last build with one of our talents broken, now we are getting out abilities reduced a little and you still think we are the lowest dps class? i honestly dont think you are properly informed. we are Not supposed to be a utility anymore, we are doing ok...ish in pvp, but they have said that thats what they are looking at now so expect other changes, for instance, the classes that are doing too well are getting bumbed down a little, still a fun spec, still the most comprehensive talent tree in wow imo,
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Shadow Word: Pain damage has been reduced. (1530 to 1380 - thats a 10% nerf + the nerf to improved talent, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by paracelsus
    They have spriests for a target of 2500 DPS in Naxx gear sustained over 5 minutes. They have said they want all other DPS to be around this number - which is bizarre as hell considering DPS needs higher than this raid wide to kill Brutallis. This is a lot higher than the, say, 1600 DPS spriests do in Sunwell but considering hunters might clear 3k, that means they expect hunters to do 500 less DPS at 80 than they do at 70.

Stop spreading incorrect information.

Blizzard said that these tests are for a single player DPS with no buffs, no consumables and no synergies with 9-24 other raid members that will obviously increase an individual DPS significantly.

They also said the tests were done in PvP gear

In addition I have no idea where you got the information that DPS players on brutallus needs to exceed 2500 dps to take him down. You barely need 2000 DPS on average to do that within the 6 minute timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonshadows
    In addition I have no idea where you got the information that DPS players on brutallus needs to exceed 2500 dps to take him down. You barely need 2000 DPS on average to do that within the 6 minute timer.
    Heh - what I meant to say is that it's less than people are getting to on Brutallis. Edited my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmedic
    do you play on the ptr or beta? we were out dpsing most everyone else in the last build with one of our talents broken, now we are getting out abilities reduced a little and you still think we are the lowest dps class? i honestly dont think you are properly informed. we are Not supposed to be a utility anymore, we are doing ok...ish in pvp, but they have said that thats what they are looking at now so expect other changes, for instance, the classes that are doing too well are getting bumbed down a little, still a fun spec, still the most comprehensive talent tree in wow imo,
    That is where you fail. Ret palas and hunters a pumping out the most dps end game gear

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmedic
    Yes i am in the beta, and even with the dispersion buff i can assure you that we we're a tiny bit lower than the top 3 dpsers. Which felt just about right. But back to 10th spot it is

Quote Originally Posted by healme

err, how is this supposed to work out?

or if it is a typo like someone said, which spell is it supposed to be that the target is afflicted by instead of Mind flay. My guess would be SW:P, but can anyone look into this?

They have spriests for a target of 2500 DPS in Naxx gear sustained over 5 minutes. They have said they want all other DPS to be around this number - which is bizarre as hell considering DPS is clearing higher than this to kill Brutallis.
    Completely incorrect... Brutallus has 10,500,000 Health and a 6 minute enrage timer meaning 29,167 DPS is required to beat him before the berserk timer (Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Brutallus).

In a 25man raid a typical Brutallus raid make up is 2 tanks, 7 healers & 16 DPS... so completely disregarding the small amount of damage the tanks bring, your 16 DPS need to average (29,167/16) 1823 to beat the enrage timer... this is 28% less dps than 2500... were 16 DPS able to sustain 2500 DPS on brutuallus they would kill him in 4mins 22.5 seconds. This is still outside the world record kill for Brut which is 4mins 9 seconds by SK Gaming WWS: http://wowwebstats.com/irdh6x6q2kldo?s=27917-54044.

However you neglected to point out that the 2500 dps benchmark was solo dps only, ie. no buffs, no consumables, no Bloodlust/heroism etc etc etc. (Excerpt bleow, source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/6/10043...w-priests.html)

"We test single target DPS with blue, epic and green gear. In all trials the Shadow Priest was doing more than expected DPS, I believe it was around ~2500 in epics. This was solo in a 5-minute trial (without raid buffs). In a raid setting, your DPS would probably be significantly higher."

Please inform yourself before posting trash on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestdemon
    That is where you fail. Ret palas and hunters a pumping out the most dps end game gear
    Glaive rogues last I looked..... then hunters and destro warlocks. Rets i do not know about.

Everytime I see that there is a new build for beta I increasingly get anxious at whats going to happen to spriests. Seems like everytime they release something new its a new nerf set for spriests. My question I pose to other spriests is, are you even going to bother to get VT and Dispersion? In my build I am thinking of just skipping those talents. What do you guys think? I am in beta and dispersion right now doesnt do anything but help me die with a bit more mana than I did before using the skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Harima
    My question I pose to other spriests is, are you even going to bother to get VT and Dispersion?
    Why would you not get VT? Even with the mana regen being nerfed it is integral to our own mana efficiency.... On top of that it is more damage per cast time than flay so you would want it to boost DPS.

Dipersion is generally Vs. a point in improved inner fire or a mana efficiency talent. It is better than either of those for avoiding large raid damage in those situations - so since you will easily have 50 points in shadow..... may as well in many cases - though up to the individual.

They have spriests for a target of 2500 DPS in Naxx gear sustained over 5 minutes. They have said they want all other DPS to be around this number - which is bizarre as hell considering DPS is clearing higher than this to kill Brutallis. This is a lot higher than the, say, 1600 DPS spriests do in Sunwell but considering hunters might clear 3k, that means they expect hunters to do 500 less DPS at 80 than they do at 70.

You do realize Brutallus DPS is mostly stacking every single f'ing buff you can and pots etc. It's not a good way to demonstrate 70 to 80 DPS changes.

Quote Originally Posted by healme
    So Far :

Shadow
    Improved shadow word pain : nerfed to 3%/6% (was 5%/10%)
    Mind flay : Scaled down Rank 9 damage decrease (Down to 588, was 690, almost a 15% nerf)

Update :

Shadow Word: Pain damage has been reduced. (1530 to 1380 - thats a 10% nerf )
    The damage nerfs were pretty much expected, since Shadow Priests were top DPS last build.

But Blizz still managed to make the nerfs look ridiculous with the blatantly incorrect wording on Twisted Faith. I mean really, do they pay so little attention to Priests that when they typed that into the official calculator no one noticed?