Exorcism - Working as intended?

Deathknights have a sweet ability, when they die - they come back to life as a demon, undead or minion - whatever you'd like to call it. Anyways, Exorcism is able to be cast upon them once they've "Self-ressed" via talent.

Anyone know if this is working as intended, as I know Blizzard has been against us using it against the forsaken for so long....

Re: Exorcism - Working as intended?

Quote Originally Posted by TDSlôl
    Deathknights have a sweet ability, when they die - they come back to life as a demon, undead or minion - whatever you'd like to call it. Anyways, Exorcism is able to be cast upon them once they've "Self-ressed" via talent.

Anyone know if this is working as intended, as I know Blizzard has been against us using it against the forsaken for so long....
    Yes this is working as intended. After you die and are "self-resurrected" you are no longer classified as Humanoid, which is rightfully so. Turn Evil, Holy Wrath, Exorcism now work.

Same goes for Warlocks and their Metamorphosis, once they go demon mode they are no longer classified as humanoids, they are susceptible to Turn Evil, Holy Wrath and Exorcism as well.

Undead "Class" are classified as Humanoids.

Good to hear, thanks guys

Yes, this is working as intended. The problem with the forsakens was that all forsaken as a race were vulnerable to anti undead skills instead of anti humanoid skills. which was both a good and bad thing for that, and made it unbalanced just for being a different race. and blizz wanted to keep teh differences to racials alone.

However, the 2 new forms for both the deathknight (lichborne and being raised as a ghoul) and for the warlock's new demon form is a class based status, activated by a specific skill, giving the user a control over when they want to use this advantage/disadvantage. The idea being that you become immune to the usual CCs, sheep, sap, whatever, but become vulnerable to the undead/demon vulnerabilities.

This is why holy wrath, exorcism and turn undead from a paladin work on them, and why a lichborne DK can be shackled. And also why a warlock's new demon form is able to be banished and, as a rumour i heard goes, even enslaved.

I was just going to do PVE with my Prot Paladin at 80, but I might have to do some Ret PVPing cause vanquishing DK's/Warlocks sounds like way too much fun to pass up! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Kare
    I was just going to do PVE with my Prot Paladin at 80, but I might have to do some Ret PVPing cause vanquishing DK's/Warlocks sounds like way too much fun to pass up! ;D
    As you say to the Warlock..."Who's chain fearing now bitch??"

**ahaha**

Don't forget Locks can banish druids if caught in treeform and other druids can sleep a feral druid. so it makes sence that Exorcism works on undead and demon forms.

So i saw two locks duel each other on the PTR.

Both were demon. One popped his Demon form, the other banished him and killed his pet then /lol'd.

Many laughs were had
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    So i saw two locks duel each other on the PTR.

Both were demon. One popped his Demon form, the other banished him and killed his pet then /lol'd.

Many laughs were had
    I thought that your pet dissapears when you transorfm into demon form

It doesnt anymore.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

rofl awesome ican;t wait to pwn face as pally in WOTLk my friend oplays a lock and wants to play a dk and is going "oh man i'm going to pwn your face" can;t wait to /fear his pet then just rape his face.

Question is if a Lock transforms into a demon, and then gets enslaved by another lock, does the enslavement only last as long as the transformation, or does it persist for the normal duration of enslavement (which is ??? last I heard)