Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Warlocks and new patch : disaster ?

If blizzard succeed then:

If 12 DPS classes are brought by equally skilled players with equally decent gear then they will all be within 1% of each others DPS.

The only real differential in potential DPS is to be skill.

Your warlock will be fine at DPS - but if I am more skilled My shadow priest will be doing more damage.... and the ret pally who lives in game and knows everything about his spec and playing style will beat us both. Good times - I cannot wait.

Do you believe in fairy tales?

Which all brings up an excellent question... Hey Blizz...Why bother having classes at all? You can just have a log in screen thats says Create character? Yes/No? The point of having different classes is just that, they are different. Im not sure where blizz is going with this neutering of all class originalities and capabilities. Weird stuffz...

They ARE different. It's just that they will all have similar potential now in every role, and it will require skill to succeed instead of class mechanics. It's a natural direction to go in. Now you'll know for sure who's good and who sucks.

heres the problem i have with blizzard new "make all healers equal all dps equal all tanks equal" also "lets standardize buffs/debuffs and not let them stack"

the testing done in beta really doesnt take into consideration 2-3 content patchs and pvp seasons. scaling is one thing that has always tipped the game in favor of certain classes. my fear is that (not neccessarily locks) some classes will outscale other classes in terms of healing/dps/etc and we will be back to taking very specific raid makeups. the other side of that is if one class is even 5-10% more dps (because we know how well blizzard balances class : / ) because they offer the same utility as another class that there really is no need to take the lower dps class (ie ebon plaguebringer/coe w malediction/earthandmoon)

the other problem i see is with spellpower in pvp, some hybrids (ie my balance druid) has extremely good healing even as full balance + they have many healing beneficial talents in the balance tree (please dont thrash me moonkins im just giving an example i dont think balance is OP at all).

So the pally can do equal dps as ret then go tank an instance then go heal one.
    The priest can deal equal dps then go heal an instance.
    The druid can do equal dps then go tank then go heal.

The warlock can deal equal dps.Then go sit on his hands in org as he isnt needed anymore because all he can do is DPS.

Sounds like balance.Glad we can fill 1 role,with less effectiveness at that.

Pure dps classes SHOULD AND DESERVE to be higher then hybrids for the sole fact of thats all we can do.Make demonology a tanking tree and allow meta to be a high armor high threat FORM and i will accept being on the same dps level as someone whos class can fill multiple roles.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame
    So the pally can do equal dps as ret then go tank an instance then go heal one.
    The priest can deal equal dps then go heal an instance.
    The druid can do equal dps then go tank then go heal.

The warlock can deal equal dps.Then go sit on his hands in org as he isnt needed anymore because all he can do is DPS.
    The word that blues use is not "equal," it is "competitive." There's no need to worry about hybrid DPS classes beating pure DPS classes. If Blizz implements everything as they plan (very big IF, I know), and you are being beat by a hybrid DPS class given equal gear, you are probably doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Reubicant
    The word that blues use is not "equal," it is "competitive." There's no need to worry about hybrid DPS classes beating pure DPS classes. If Blizz implements everything as they plan (very big IF, I know), and you are being beat by a hybrid DPS class given equal gear, you are probably doing something wrong.
    So what is your response if they make them equal like is planned because thats what competitive means.

so druids/pallys/priests and of course dps warriors/deathknights/shamans would have better chances to find groups, because they can go in different roles?

did you ever consider that there are players who don't like to tank/heal/dps with their class?

i've been a healer with my priest for 2,5 years and i respecced to shadow and did never think about reskilling to heal (although the dps in bc sucks...). and there will be many who would not respecc just to get an instance group (not to mention that you will need the equipt to tank etc. and very probably need to respecc which costs gold and i do not see anything about the second talentset they wanted to implement).

Its not if you want to its that you can.
    I WANT to tank on my warlock since there is a complete lack of tanks on my server, but guess what I can't.I shouldn't have to reroll my toon to tank.

Um...yes you should...

But we can play your game too if you'd like. I'm a shaman and paladin. I shouldn't have to reroll my toon to top dps!

Re: Problems? yes... Solutions? some... Power? only if you are smart

Quote Originally Posted by kavod
    And what the fuck... they nerfed nether protection to give only a 60% damage reduction instead of immunity?
    The problem with nether protection is that you cannot have the spec if you are going to tank anything. You cannot tank Leo or Illidan with it because as soon as it procs, you lose all agro from any ranged caster. As a lock tank, it would allow me to actually add that ability and still fulfill my raid role.