Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: A class-specific flying mount would be lovely...

Quote Originally Posted by Bailamos
    Warriors will ride on the backs of resto druids. Just like they do in arenas.
    HAHAHA That post is golden.

On topic though i think it's a good idea. But not at all likely to come to pass, though.

well played sir
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

haaaah, good one

this is win and should be put in the ptr immediately

lol.

Mount our Succubus imo

Quote Originally Posted by Raso
    warriors get titan grip and they fly by flaping their arms, they hit air enough as it is.
    like it

wow thats two mouthfuls of beer ive just spat over my keyboard and monutor in one thread, good work people!

No.

Warlocks: Fiery skeletal drake, similar to nightbane but not as big and the appropriate armor.

Paladins: shiny gryphon sounds appropriate.

Mages: Pheonix (people that killed kael for it would be pissed.)

Druids: they have their flight form.

Death knight: Frost wyrm

Hunters: I like the idea of taming a mount.

Shamans: Giving their elemental nature, letting the wind carry them is actually not a bad idea, but it would look gay, soooo the "wind" would have to take the form of a bird or something.

Rogues: Think of something unseen, stealthy. I'm thinking a unique bat.

Warriors: Proto drakes are prolly the most brutal looking flying creatures ive seen in this game. Although I do believe proto drakes will be available as mounts, so obviously apply some warrior-esque armor to them. Maybe some shoulder "blades" that is so common in their tier sets.

Priests: Angel wings, or Pegasus.

Wow, that went over better than I had ever imagined haha.

Clearly this much public support means that Blizzard will be taking the idea into consideration...

Lawl.

i was bored

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    No.
    o.O

I like your ideas, Solaste. Rogues could have a semi-visible flying mount; a drake of some sort that shimmers like the predator in stealth.

I love the mage on a phoenix idea. I'd kill for the Al'ar mount on my mage!

OT: So I hear that they reduced Leading the Cavalry requirement to a measly 50 mounts? Everyone will be riding Albino Drakes now.

Gaiwyn of Proudmoore
    For the Alliance!

I like the idea, more class quests/benefits ftw.
    This user has been banned.

For rogues(LORE REFERENCE INCOMING, CS KIDDIES TAKE COVER), perhaps something similar to the flying beasts/demons used by Captain Varo'Then and his fighters near the end of the War of the Ancients?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    For rogues(LORE REFERENCE INCOMING, CS KIDDIES TAKE COVER), perhaps something similar to the flying beasts/demons used by Captain Varo'Then and his fighters near the end of the War of the Ancients?
    curse you for making me use The Google

>
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by solaste
    YES. Now kthx. I want a pegasus..

Im not sure i like Proto Drakes for warriors.

The essence of a warrior is that he is armored to the bone, relies on brute strength and cunning rather than magic, and has a commanding and intimidating presence. A good warrior specific mount (having fun since thisll never happen) For Land would be an incredibly heavily armored Rhino/Clefthoof like creature. Nothing says "Respect me or get my size 14 plate boots in your face" like an unstoppable steel clad beast.

For air, nothing less than a plate clad dragon would do. Maybe not onyxia sized, but defintely large and intimidating, with plenty of plates and spikes. The image of a warrior dressed in full Dreadnaught raiment descending off the sky from a steel clad dragon...well thats just epic as fuck now isnt it?
    Rocket Sauce.

the armored netherdrake of the arena's would fit this image perfectly, but that ain't never happening

I like the idea for class specific mounts aswell

I havent read all the posts, so apologies if someone has said it.

But personally i think the frost wyrm will make a great DK / lock mount.

I cant wait to see how good my lock looks on one, and hopefully they're not going to be another netherdrake (with everyone and their alts using it).

Quote Originally Posted by solaste
    Warlocks: Fiery skeletal drake, similar to nightbane but not as big and the appropriate armor.
    Something more demonic would be needed, maybe another demon form for it. Or give locks the skeletal drake and then give metamorphosis a spell at lvl 80 that costs whatever flying mounts at 80 cost, has a 3 second cast time and can only be used out of combat that allows them to fly with that.

Paladins: shiny gryphon sounds appropriate.
    Gryphons are too generic, The pegasus would be more appropriate for them, with all the heavy duty armor that the war horse has

Mages: Pheonix (people that killed kael for it would be pissed.)
    A pheonix would be cool, what would be even more cool is if the color of the pheonix was effected by which 51 point talent the mage had

Druids: they have their flight form.
    Well, I guess they'll be given another at lvl 80

Death knight: Frost wyrm
    Yeah, because that skeletal gryphon looks like crap

Hunters: I like the idea of taming a mount.
    It would have to be a quest for a specific species, it would be too complicated if they could tame a bunch of different kinds of flying things and people would hate hunters even more for the more options

Shamans: Giving their elemental nature, letting the wind carry them is actually not a bad idea, but it would look gay, soooo the "wind" would have to take the form of a bird or something.
    Yeah, the only idea I have here is stupid, Drop down 4 totems, channel a bit of energy from each and turn into CAPTAIN PLANET! and then fly away

Rogues: Think of something unseen, stealthy. I'm thinking a unique bat.
    A unique bat would be cool, or some kind of bird of prey or carrion bird.

Warriors: Proto drakes are prolly the most brutal looking flying creatures ive seen in this game. Although I do believe proto drakes will be available as mounts, so obviously apply some warrior-esque armor to them. Maybe some shoulder "blades" that is so common in their tier sets.
    No idea, not even a stupid one

Turn them into some kind of angel to fly(affected by shadowform of course for that badass look)