Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Beta] Glyph of Holy Light - First Impression

Okay first lets look at the Glyph: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=55121

Pretty understanding. Heals up to 5 of your buddies within 5 yards of the target you healed for 10% per buddy of your heal amount.

Okay now let's see it in action

Okay what do we see in my Combat Text:

1) I healed Cerberuss so the FOUR people around him got affected by it
    2) When this occured we we're not with the melee Cerberuss was in fact with the casters.
    3) Cerberuss got the Initial heal, ASWELL as the Glyph Heal !!!
    4) It has it's own chance to Crit!, and not on every target, but only the ones that proc the crit! As you can see it healed 2 targets normally, and 2 got the Crit!
    5) Cerberuss was not initially overhealed!. However as for the targets who got the Glyph Heal some of them were at full HP and still got the Glyph heal.

Well okay that shows us some of it. Let's now look at me healing The Tank with the exact same thing, and the effect it will have on the Melee around him.

I know you really can't tell, but its the Exact same healing!

The Tank "Borgachop" Got hit with the heal sometimes. sometimes it overhealed.

I assure you in the fight melee was incredibly close. So why is my Glyph not working?

No clue, maybe they we're not in the 5 yard range (however from my PoV they we're stacking ). Maybe it's because I was not close enough to be affected by the Glyph aswell? Why didn't it Work back on the Tank atleast like it did with Cerberuss? honestly I don't know why...but it did not work when I used it on the tank rather then on someone who's with the Ranged.

So there's alittle taste of The amazing Glyph of Holy Light. It works incredibly great!...if you can get it to work

yiptastic

Re: [Beta] Glyph of Holy Light - First Impression

That's pretty sweet!

this glyph basically solved our AE ability. The only problem is:

range:
    how far were your buddy been separated from? If you guys are each 40 yards away from each other, and still get the effect, then this is pretty freaking hot.

your group size is too small.

can you test this with a larger group? I think a group of 10 will work. actually, test it this way:

1) get a raid of 10
    2) clumpse up together and have 1 of your own group members at 2% HP, another group with 1 members at 2% HP, 3 person in full HP, and the rest at 60% HP, then heal a designated target (must be one with 60% HP). (make sure you know who were the ones at 2% HP)
    3) now have your raid spread out away from your healing target, by 10/20/30/40 yards and repeat step 2.

Objective:
    1) I want to see if it heals people outside the party
    2) I want to see if it heals people with the lowest HP first, before jumping to the higher HP ones.

you don't have to test it in a dungeon. Just outside anywhere, like SW or something. make them duel to super low HP, and some to about half and quit the duel.
    make sure you also repeat the same trial at least 3 times. First clumpse up together, and then try out the spread out distance.

Quote Originally Posted by yiptastic
    That's pretty sweet!

this glyph basically solved our AE ability. The only problem is:

range:
    how far were your buddy been separated from? If you guys are each 40 yards away from each other, and still get the effect, then this is pretty freaking hot.

your group size is too small.

can you test this with a larger group? I think a group of 10 will work. actually, test it this way:

1) get a raid of 10
    2) clumpse up together and have 1 of your own group members at 2% HP, another group with 1 members at 2% HP, 3 person in full HP, and the rest at 60% HP, then heal a designated target (must be one with 60% HP). (make sure you know who were the ones at 2% HP)
    3) now have your raid spread out away from your healing target, by 10/20/30/40 yards and repeat step 2.

Objective:
    1) I want to see if it heals people outside the party
    2) I want to see if it heals people with the lowest HP first, before jumping to the higher HP ones.

you don't have to test it in a dungeon. Just outside anywhere, like SW or something. make them duel to super low HP, and some to about half and quit the duel.
    make sure you also repeat the same trial at least 3 times. First clumpse up together, and then try out the spread out distance.
    Um lets look @ the Glyph again:

Glyph of Holy Light
    3 sec cast
    Your Holy Light grants 10% of its heal amount to up to 5 friendly targets within 5 yds of the initial target.

Answer: 5 Yards Within the initial target :P..that means they cannot be more then 5 yards away from each other lol.

Answer #2: Yes it heals regardless of who's in the party the effect works on anyone, within the said range.

Answer #3: The heal doesn't jump, it heals everyone within the said range (up to 5 people) at the exact same time.

This will more than likely be extended to 10 yards, atm it's a very nice glyph but not that useful and extremely situational with only a 5 yard range. The flash of light glyph on the other hand is crazy good. Flashes do about 1500-1800 at 70 and the HoT it gives ticks for around 450-700 (depending on crits maybe more) every 3 seconds.

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by clik269
    Um lets look @ the Glyph again:

Glyph of Holy Light
    3 sec cast
    Your Holy Light grants 10% of its heal amount to up to 5 friendly targets within 5 yds of the initial target.

Answer: 5 Yards Within the initial target :P..that means they cannot be more then 5 yards away from each other lol.

Answer #2: Yes it heals regardless of who's in the party the effect works on anyone, within the said range.

Answer #3: The heal doesn't jump, it heals everyone within the said range (up to 5 people) at the exact same time.

oh haha, didn't read the glyph said 5 yards.

anyway though, does it heal people with the lowest HP first? cos if it just heal whoever is in that range, it's pretty useless.

not to say, 5 yards is small, if it's 10 yards, this glyph will be sick.

Well in the SS. It healed a person with full hp first, so I'm assuming there is no actual "first". Everyone of those (up to 5) people get healed at perfectly the same time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    This will more than likely be extended to 10 yards, atm it's a very nice glyph but not that useful and extremely situational with only a 5 yard range. The flash of light glyph on the other hand is crazy good. Flashes do about 1500-1800 at 70 and the HoT it gives ticks for around 450-700 (depending on crits maybe more) every 3 seconds.
    Yeah but the initial FoL with the Glyph will only heal for 50% of the original spell, so 750-900, and then 450-700 ticks per 3 seconds for 15 seconds. So its still heals for more, but not enough imo. It might be good for some raid healing, but as it always applied to FoL I find it a bit restrictive.

It sounds like us pallies are getting CoH via a Glyph in a sense, just not nearly as good range wise or heal wise. I think however that it will be more situational than a glyph you always keep on. It also seems a lot more viable for a fight like Mother Shahraz who the three tanks have to stack on each other to spread the cleave damage. Nice glyph though, and maybe Blizzard is still working out the kinks in it since it is beta, hence why it may not be working right for you.

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Kare
    It sounds like us pallies are getting CoH via a Glyph in a sense, just not nearly as good range wise or heal wise. I think however that it will be more situational than a glyph you always keep on. It also seems a lot more viable for a fight like Mother Shahraz who the three tanks have to stack on each other to spread the cleave damage. Nice glyph though, and maybe Blizzard is still working out the kinks in it since it is beta, hence why it may not be working right for you.
    Glyphed HL + BoL imo will rock like Pink Floyd and McHammer.

If they give us another 5 to 10 yards on this glyph, you will see many whiners shut their mouth.

Though, I still hope BoL can get this ability.

Quote Originally Posted by yiptastic
    Glyphed HL + BoL imo will rock like Pink Floyd and McHammer.

If they give us another 5 to 10 yards on this glyph, you will see many whiners shut their mouth.

Though, I still hope BoL can get this ability.
    Either way it doesn't matter to me. As long as you keep me healed and alive I don't care since I am Prot. If I want to heal I will grab my priest, lol. This glyph does sound pretty cool though and with BoL it will be insane, no doubt it will make tank stacking/melee groups easier to heal for paladins.

Yea sx but the 5yd radius makes this glyph amazingly lame for 90% of all fights in the game. If they moved the distance to 15 or most idealy-20 yds then it would be extremely useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykee
    Yea sx but the 5yd radius makes this glyph amazingly lame for 90% of all fights in the game. If they moved the distance to 15 or most idealy-20 yds then it would be extremely useful.
    Only problem is that a lot of the other classes would find this to be extremely overpowered for just a bonus from a glyph. I could see 10 yards maybe at max for it, but thats pushing it. Most of the Glyphs people will use will be situational depending on their role and the encounter.

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Kare
    Only problem is that a lot of the other classes would find this to be extremely overpowered for just a bonus from a glyph. I could see 10 yards maybe at max for it, but thats pushing it. Most of the Glyphs people will use will be situational depending on their role and the encounter.

by that logic, priest is OP.

actually, shaman is insanely OP.

Except if you look at the glyphs other classes receive, the sheer synergy they have with their healing tools makes them amazing.

Priest:

Glyph of Dispel Magic: Dispel heals target for 6% of maximum health.
    Glyph of Prayer of Healing: Your prayer of healing also heals for an additional 20% over 6 seconds
    Glyph of Shadowfiend: Receive 5% of your maximum mana if your shadowfiend dies from damage.
    Glyph of Spirit of Redemption: All heals cast with spirit of redemption has a 20% chance to increase the duration of spirit of redemption by 20seconds.

Shaman:

Glyph of chain heal: Your chain heal heals 1 additional target.
    Glyph of healing Wave: your healing wave also heals you for 20% of the amount healed to your target.
    Glyph of Mana Tide: Your mana tide gives an additional 1% of your targets maximum mana each time it pulses
    Glyph of water Mastery: Increases the passive mana regen of your water shield by 20%
    Glyph of water Shield: Increases the number of charges on your water shield spell by 1.
    Glyph of lesser healing wave: Your lesser healing wave heals the target for 20% more health if it is also effected by earth shield.

Druid:
    Glyph of Healing touch: Decrease the cast time of healing touch by 1.5 second, mana cost by 25%, and amount healed by 50%
    Glyph of Regrowth: Increases the amount healed by your regrowth spell by 50% if regrowth is still active on the target.
    Glyph of Rejuvenation: while your targets are below 50%, heal them for an additional 50% with rejuv.
    Glyph of Swiftmend: Your swiftmend ability no longer consumes a regrowth or rejuv effect.

Compared to the stuff other classes get, our glyphs are beyond pathetic, and thats just for holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykee
    Except if you look at the glyphs other classes receive, the sheer synergy they have with their healing tools makes them amazing.

Priest:
    Glyph of Spirit of Redemption: All heals cast with spirit of redemption has a 20% chance to increase the duration of spirit of redemption by 20seconds.

Compared to the stuff other classes get, our glyphs are beyond pathetic, and thats just for holy.
    Touche. I have not seen some of those glyphs for the other healers yet, but they are pretty insane. I personally love the one that I left up in the quote box. First time I read that one I almost fell out of my chair. After seeing those other glyphs you posted though, I agree maybe it does need to be 15-20 yards. Just seems like Blizzard is changing the game a bunch with Glyphs, from the way they initially presented the Glyphs a few months back, they just didn't seem like they were going to change people's abilities that much, but I guess that was a wrong assumption. BUFF THIS GLYPH! lol.

Thats very true, holy feedback has been totaly ignored. Holy tree is not good, holy glyph suck compared to other classes.

I play most of the time as ret, but i know that they only focused on RET, then a little on prot, holy has been abandoned.

Still have plenty of time to change, but i doubt they will. (maybe after wotlk is on live)

As Blizzard has stated, 'Holy is fine, l2play.'

They act as if being awesome single-target healers makes up for something, when really, any other class can do it just as well.

Too bad we will continuously be crushed on any fight that requires us to heal more than one target (Beacon of Light hardly addresses the situation).

I thought emo Pally went extinct a while back.
    So you can finally give up some direct healing power for group heal ability, you have plenty of group damage reduction, more fast heals, and Bliz changing Beacon so many times when people whined and you still claim they don't care? Ouchies.. well, you can be the first to cater to "Blue's wish" and finally delete your pally. I'm sure other people will enjoy them.

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Fadibo
    Glypths for other healers is to make their spell more powerfull to do the exact job it was made for.

Glypths for holy paladins are made to CHANGE the spell from a decent spell into a lackluster TOTALLY diffrent effect spell. And at the same time make the ORGINAL spell totally USELESS to what it was created for.

I think all can see now how Blizzard is deliberatly trying to bury holy paladins. They have spent Zero effort on the spec. It took them 3 months !!! to even fix the bugged spells so no testing was done - no data was gathered and at the same time Blizzard IGNORED ALL the huge issues that holy palas had. Feedback has been given - and ignored. No grouphealing spell. HELL not even a NEW spell at ALL !!!

Yes - WOTLK is the expansion that will be known for fixing ret and killing holy. God forbid that Blizzard can actually fix a whole class....
    remember BLizzard said they will put more AE heavy raids in wrath? If it's AE, it's gonna design in such way that you can't dodge it. healers' AE ability are all improved with this in mind.

I think it's too early to say this glyph is useless, because we don't know how crazy the AE damage will be like in 25 man raids.

here's the point:
    if everyone's gonna take AE damage at 40 yard range regardless of where you position yourself, do you still think spreading out is a good idea?

If raid counters are designed so everyone's gonna take a good chunk of damage regardless of position, then I think raid leaders should work around the strat that makes people stick together more closely.

see, with BoL, this glyph and everyone taking a good chunk of damage, you must clumps up, and you will find this glyph a god-sent.

basically, pick the lowest HP guy in the raid and holy light him.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Looking at the SS'es and not all the complaints, it's easy to answer some of the questions.

1) It DOES affect people in multiple groups (Sxei in the SS is in a 10-man raid, people healed are in both groups - notably, the main target is in Grp 1, and Sxei in Grp 2 is healed by the AE)

2) It apparently does affect the 5 lowest health people inside it's range. Please notice in SS#1 that EVERYBODY in Group 1 and Group 2 are at FULL HEALTH. Which is why there were several 0 heals with full overhealing.

I think the range on it should probably be buffed up to 10 yards. Perhaps even 15. Since it doesn't have a negative impact on the original spell (unlike Glyph of FoL), a 10-15 yard range would be fine. And, unlike what Fadibo said, it DOESN'T CHANGE THE ORIGINAL SPELL'S EFFECT ON THE MAIN TARGET. So it's not just a decently effective AE heal, but it's also a solidly effective single target heal.

Notice the 10K heal on the main target? That's about 50% of a pvp geared dps or healing class at 80. About 25%-30% for a well-geared Tank - actually, somewhat more at Naxx levels of gear, seeing as it's being MT'd at about 24K-26K health, which puts it at approximately 40% of a MAIN TANK'S HEALTH. That's a better percentage than a Holy Priest with 2100 +heal on Live, doing even ZA level content, where you see 5.5K GHeals on a tank with 16-18K health. Also, I'll just add that my holy priest on the premade beta server, with 1608 spellpower, was only dropping GHeal for 8.5K.

They're also using the Glyph system to give Pallies a HoT - sorta. Glyph of FoL cuts it's initial heal in half, but you get 200% of it's initial healing over the next 15 seconds. That works out to 150% of it's normal healing, but as a HoT.

Just some info. Here's lists of glyphs for other classes with healing specs:

http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Inscription#tab=Priest
    http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Inscription#tab=Paladin
    http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Inscription#tab=Druid
    http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Inscription#tab=Shaman