Healing in WotLK

So I finally dinged 70 on my recruit-a-friend priest. I have decided this is the character I am going to level first in WotLK.

I was just wondering if healing stats had changed in wrath. For instance, I know now, that priests strive to have high spirit, high mp5, and high healing power. Will any of this change in wrath; will I be looking for cloth with crit?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Healing in WotLK

You should still be aiming for a high spell power and a high spirit/mp5. Crit isn't something to shake your head at of course, the more the merrier, but me personally, I will not focus on crit alone. Healing and spirit will always take precedent. This is my opinion.

The way I see wrath, as a Priest, there are 2 choices: specc with mostly holy talents if you want to heal raid and aoe type healing, or specc Disc as a single target healer. I am gonna give Disc a go for WotLK and from the testing I have done and from quite a lot of reading, I am gonna focus on Int and Crit. A lot of what is written above is very good advice for holy Priests. But, for Disc priests the more you crit the more you proc a multitude of talents that assist in your damage mitigation or you gain mana regen.

Obviously Intellect and crit are intrinsically linked, but I would say for a Disc priest the order of choice is crit>intellect>spellpower>spirit. It is pretty close between the last 2 but I think that order is a good rough guide. Obviously this is my opinion and other people will post with theirs. Someone who is determined to spec holy could give you their order of choice.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, I forgot to mention Disc, I just assumed a CoH priest.