Angelic Warlord(again)

Ok so I will not post that guy as cool as he is to me, isnt as cool to everyone, so instead I found this guy

http://skullwarriorjay.com/freelance...Entrapment.jpg

You know him, you love him.

Anyway back at the topic at hand.

As I mentioned in the more or less previous post about the new talents and skills I added, with the recent crying and oh god paladins are not going to be able to tank anymore. I am going to repost the same content and some rather new interesting stuff I thought up, and yea I will go to wartools and make the tree sometime.....soon.

The first talent I mentioned would be a replacement for Avengers Shield, well it would work anymore, but regardless we will replace it. I have a brand new baseline spell that will double as a a pull and a great way to taunt too. So ok here goes the first old talent.

Zeal
    Increases your weapon swing speed by 2/4/6/8/10%

this is excellent with the new Broken promise sword, plus, more swings obviously equals more threat generation with what ever seal you use to tank with, I always use SoR just because it is every swing. So yes, that would take place of Avengers Shield.

WAIT, back track

*rewind sound*

Zeal will take the place Reckoning. But Avengers Shield will still be gone, but in its place will be the other thing I mentioned earlier.

*FAST FORWARD*

Ok, so now instead of Avengers Shield we will put this in its place

*Grip Of Angels
    Divine Power surrounds the target pulling him closer to the paladin. This spell makes a lot of threat when used

*but..but...but that is an obvious knock off the DK spell. Well it isnt, it will do a ton of threat, perfect for pallys, and it will interrupt spell casting,and pull those pesky caster closer to you, and on top of that you may use it in combat, so it will be the paladin version of charge, or intercept, but only for prot, it has to be deep in prot or else people would call it OP cause for the pvp issue.

So now comes to my baseline ability usable for prot, ret, and holy.

Consecrate Weapon
    Consecrates your weapon so it deals a small amount of holy damage( increase by spellpower, and AP)

That is the icing on the cake in my opinion. Perfect for maintaining threat for prot, good grinding tool for all 3 specs and will bump up rets DPS.

But we still dont have enough base health like warriors do!

Simple, make a easy passive learned spell called Divine Life.

Divine Life(or Stamina)
    Increases the paladins base health by 3%

Here is the important part, you can only get it at level 75 along with Shield Of the Righteous so we dont some low level paladins running willy nilly around with a ton of health. That is just not right, no sir.

Well there are my new MODIFIED ideas to enhance prot
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

Re: Angelic Warlord(again)

Its some nice thoughts but 2 major problems, first your angelic grasp, though i nice idea, wouldnt scale with gear and as such wouldnt be too usefull at higher end raids, and concecrate weapon, i don't really see how thats any different then seal of rightousness, we get 12% to stamina just from talents which is more then some tank classes, the faster attack speed would be nice but reckoning can be just as good.
    I dont mean to be insulting or anything My mains a prot pally and would definately like to see some new abilities but i think the changes they've made are really good, not only adjusting to strength instead of spell power but also making almost all our tank spells instant, I know in Mt Hyjal im gonna love shooting off a instant avenegers shield and holy wrath whenever they finish cooldown. the Major thing i would like to see is another cast interrupt, Hammer of justce is great but unless talented its a 1 minute cooldown and even talented 30 seconds is a long time to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDarkmatter
    Its some nice thoughts but 2 major problems, first your angelic grasp, though i nice idea, wouldnt scale with gear and as such wouldnt be too usefull at higher end raids, and concecrate weapon, i don't really see how thats any different then seal of rightousness, we get 12% to stamina just from talents which is more then some tank classes, the faster attack speed would be nice but reckoning can be just as good.
    I dont mean to be insulting or anything My mains a prot pally and would definately like to see some new abilities but i think the changes they've made are really good, not only adjusting to strength instead of spell power but also making almost all our tank spells instant, I know in Mt Hyjal im gonna love shooting off a instant avenegers shield and holy wrath whenever they finish cooldown. the Major thing i would like to see is another cast interrupt, Hammer of justce is great but unless talented its a 1 minute cooldown and even talented 30 seconds is a long time to wait.

Well for the stam one it increase base stam only and it is a trainable spell.

And well the other thing, more damage equals more threat
    so yea

Less reading QQ and coming up with ideas that will never be implemented Apple, thanks.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Less reading QQ and coming up with ideas that will never be implemented Apple, thanks.
    Rawberry what is your problem. Really?

Do you really have that much with a problem with people that dont agree with your opinions and bow down to your feet cause you are Rawberry?

If so, good lord have mercy upon ye

oh one more thing for you chew on

I see alot of posts of people just making up ideas that they will seem cool, how come you only criticize mine and not theirs?

I will only judge the image: too much epic.
    I will only remind: we are this and Blizzard will never strafe us to this image --->

Quote Originally Posted by Applegarth

Do you really have that much with a problem with people that dont agree with your opinions and bow down to your feet cause you are Rawberry?

If so, good lord have mercy upon ye

I see alot of posts of people just making up ideas that they will seem cool, how come you only criticize mine and not theirs?
    I think he, like many people including myself, has a low tolerance for people who complain excessively and come up with fail ideas. Paladins are looking rather decent for WOTLK, so what is your problem with them, Applegarth?
    This user has been banned.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

I can't speak for anyone else, but your "Angelic Overlord" thing just isn't how I personally view a Paladin. To me, the picture you linked looks like an over-glorified priest. And am I supposed to take him seriously when he's using Naruto Hand signs? I'm a Paladin, not a ninja wannabe. Believe it.

As a review of your Talents:

Zeal
    Increases your Weapon Speed by 2/4/6/8/10%. Replaced Reckoning
    Don't get me wrong, the fact that Reckoning doesn't scale at all with gear makes it a pretty trashy talent in the current content, but you're replacing it with a Weapon Speed Bonus? I can almost promise you that in any given situation, people would rather take the CHANCE for several instant attacks over a Haste Bonus. A Better way to fix Reckoning would be . . .

Reckoning
    You have a 2/4/6/8/10% chance when you Block, Dodge, Parry, or are struck in combat to make the next 4 weapon swings generate an addition attack. Lasts 8 seconds.

If you make the extra attacks proc off of Hammer of Righteousness and / or Shield of the Righteous too, well there you go. Instant amazing talent.

Grip of Angels
    Divine Power surrounds the target pulling him closer to the paladin. This spell makes a lot of threat when used
    Okay, part of the reason you're getting a lot of negatively aimed at you is spelling and grammer like this. Translated into correct grammar, we get:

Grip of the Angels
    Divine power surrounds the target, pulling it closer to you. This ability generates additional threat.
    First, its good to note that Blizzard is moving away from +threat mechanics. You'll want to drop that from your ability. Second, Avenger's Shield is WAY better then this. Because its cast time was made instant, you can actually use it in a DPS cycle now, and in most cases it out preforms Hammer of the Righteous. I suggested a spell like this back on the Paladin forums that was baseline to mimic Death Knights. This is what I came up with.

Divine Grasp
    Instant
    8 - 30 yards
    Wrangles the target with Divine Energy, pulling it to you and reducing its movement speed by 90% for 3 seconds. The movement speed reduction decreases by 30% every second.

This way, the spell has a lot more usefulness to Retribution, who could really use a cool ability like this. Also, as a Tankadin I don't have to spec into a spell that isn't necessarily fun. Hurling my Shield at a target, while now copied by Warriors to an extent, is still the trademark move of a Tankadin. As for your "But . . . but . . . this is like the Death Knight's spell!", well Death Knights and Paladins are two sides of the same coin. They've been getting a bunch of our talents and knock offs of our spells, I agree that to an extend we should be able to copy some of their cool mechanics, and as it stands only Death Knights actually have a "Pull to me" ability.

And for your "Icing on the cake", well, I must say its pretty thin icing.

Consecrate Weapon
    Consecrates your weapon so it deals a small amount of holy damage( increase by spellpower, and AP)
    Cheap knock off of Shaman abilities much? Yeah, it's a DnD spell, I know. But to be honest its kind of boring, and again bland. Even your Divine Life ability is bland. Why? None of your spells are cool or class defining. I mean, what if Blizzard posted tomorrow and linked us this:

We decided that Paladins are significantly behind Warriors in terms of Stamina, and while we don't want to modify this by giving Librams stats, we've come up with an alternative solution. First, One-Handed Weapon Specialization is now called "Combat Specialization". This talent increases damage you deal by 2/4/6/8/10% just like the old talent. We've changed this because of a new Protection Talent. Light's Grasp. Basically, it lets you equip a Two-Handed weapon (except staffs of course ;P) while you have a Shield equipped. It's Deep, like 10th Tier Deep, and we hope that it'll give your class more of the distinction it lacks.
    Would seeing Tankadins running around using two handed weapons look bad-ass? Yes! It would probably be our new "Signature Tank Ability", but lets face it, there are no Two Handed Tank Weapons so we probably wouldn't see anything like this. However, the point I'm trying to make is that while Paladins do need better mitigation, better avoidance, and better health to compete with Warriors, you don't want to give it in a way that makes it bland or boring. Passive sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul
    I can't speak for anyone else, but your "Angelic Overlord" thing just isn't how I personally view a Paladin. To me, the picture you linked looks like an over-glorified priest. And am I supposed to take him seriously when he's using Naruto Hand signs? I'm a Paladin, not a ninja wannabe. Believe it.

As a review of your Talents:

Don't get me wrong, the fact that Reckoning doesn't scale at all with gear makes it a pretty trashy talent in the current content, but you're replacing it with a Weapon Speed Bonus? I can almost promise you that in any given situation, people would rather take the CHANCE for several instant attacks over a Haste Bonus. A Better way to fix Reckoning would be . . .

Reckoning
    You have a 2/4/6/8/10% chance when you Block, Dodge, Parry, or are struck in combat to make the next 4 weapon swings generate an addition attack. Lasts 8 seconds.

If you make the extra attacks proc off of Hammer of Righteousness and / or Shield of the Righteous too, well there you go. Instant amazing talent.

Okay, part of the reason you're getting a lot of negatively aimed at you is spelling and grammer like this. Translated into correct grammar, we get:

First, its good to note that Blizzard is moving away from +threat mechanics. You'll want to drop that from your ability. Second, Avenger's Shield is WAY better then this. Because its cast time was made instant, you can actually use it in a DPS cycle now, and in most cases it out preforms Hammer of the Righteous. I suggested a spell like this back on the Paladin forums that was baseline to mimic Death Knights. This is what I came up with.

Divine Grasp
    Instant
    8 - 30 yards
    Wrangles the target with Divine Energy, pulling it to you and reducing its movement speed by 90% for 3 seconds. The movement speed reduction decreases by 30% every second.

This way, the spell has a lot more usefulness to Retribution, who could really use a cool ability like this. Also, as a Tankadin I don't have to spec into a spell that isn't necessarily fun. Hurling my Shield at a target, while now copied by Warriors to an extent, is still the trademark move of a Tankadin. As for your "But . . . but . . . this is like the Death Knight's spell!", well Death Knights and Paladins are two sides of the same coin. They've been getting a bunch of our talents and knock offs of our spells, I agree that to an extend we should be able to copy some of their cool mechanics, and as it stands only Death Knights actually have a "Pull to me" ability.

And for your "Icing on the cake", well, I must say its pretty thin icing.

Cheap knock off of Shaman abilities much? Yeah, it's a DnD spell, I know. But to be honest its kind of boring, and again bland. Even your Divine Life ability is bland. Why? None of your spells are cool or class defining. I mean, what if Blizzard posted tomorrow and linked us this:

Would seeing Tankadins running around using two handed weapons look bad-ass? Yes! It would probably be our new "Signature Tank Ability", but lets face it, there are no Two Handed Tank Weapons so we probably wouldn't see anything like this. However, the point I'm trying to make is that while Paladins do need better mitigation, better avoidance, and better health to compete with Warriors, you don't want to give it in a way that makes it bland or boring. Passive sucks!

lol I like your talent

that would be pretty beast

well actually I was more or less thinking of prot should be able to equip polearms, cause we are Knights, and knights used shields and poles, in addition with swords.

This;

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    I think he, like many people including myself, has a low tolerance for people who complain excessively and come up with fail ideas. Paladins are looking rather decent for WOTLK, so what is your problem with them, Applegarth?
    pretty much said it all.

I do not only criticize your ideas, nor is this anything personal.

If you really cannot control yourself and must come up with ideas and share them with a community atleast bother looking at the background and design philosophie for that class within World of warcraft instead of saying "These changed need to be introduced because a different Paladin from a different game is awesome".

By the way; Tyreal is awesome, but not a Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    This;

pretty much said it all.

I do not only criticize your ideas, nor is this anything personal.

If you really cannot control yourself and must come up with ideas and share them with a community atleast bother looking at the background and design philosophie for that class within World of warcraft instead of saying "These changed need to be introduced because a different Paladin from a different game is awesome".

By the way; Tyreal is awesome, but not a Paladin.

Well the whole reason I made the Zeal thing, is cause i saw broken promise, and I said to that is a slow tank sword but it is awesome. and I thought well if they made a spell like Zeal, it would solve those problems, so paladins could use Broken Promise and all the other slow swing time tank weapons. be able to use effectively.

Wait...

Your coming up with ideas to make an already awesome Protection Paladin sword even better?

I mean... you do know Broken Promise is already an awesome Protection Paladin sword as Hammer of the Righteous damage is based of weapon damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    This says everything as to why most of us get pissed at people like you. The Prot Paladin has seen a lot of nice and very good changes. You can not expect Blizzard to just totally buff one tank because you think it is imbalanced. They know what they are doing. They created this game and many others, trust in them, they will make it like it should be and then you just need to deal with it.

There's a reason this thread died the first time.