Alchemy vial space suggestion

Now its fun carrying around a 28-herb bag and vials being able to create potions on the spot but since vials cant go in herb bags it would be nice if there was a vial that could act as an empty, leaded, crystal, or imbued vial. Heck even a vial that does empty, leaded, and crystal would be alright with me.

This way no matter what potion ur making you would have the right type of vial on you. And even though imbued is the usually one being used there are some classic old school potions that still use lower type vials such as Swift speed, invisible, living action, free action, gift of arthas or, the elusive but for the most part fails, restorative potion and thats to name a few that I use even while im still 70 and unless there is an upgraded version probably 80 as well.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Alchemy vial space suggestion

Vials stack, I don't see the problem. 80 vials for 4 spaces, do you regularly make 80 potions everywhere you go?

The vial that can act as anything is an idea, but if you bought those types of vials, then when you created something that was of lower quality, you are wasting money.

Tyg,

The fact of the matter is YES as an alchemist I often do make 80+ pots. Normally throughout the course of a normal raid week I would make ~400 elixir's of dreanic wisdom, ~400 elixir of Major Healing, 300+ Mad alchemist pots. I would usually make ~160 elixir of major strength's as well as ~100 Magebloods...

Not to mention the pots/elixir's I would make for my gbank and others, or for my friends.

I dont know about needing the vials to be stackable inside herbalism bags but If your a serious alchemist... you make a lot of pots, and ironically those i mentioned... usually didnt get sold.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by iggy
    vials stack in fives.
    /Facepalm

15+ Year Old Account

Obvious everyone has a different opinion than me, that is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen
    Vials stack, I don't see the problem. 80 vials for 4 spaces, do you regularly make 80 potions everywhere you go?

The vial that can act as anything is an idea, but if you bought those types of vials, then when you created something that was of lower quality, you are wasting money.
    Well it would be a pro/con thing. The extra money spent would be worth the benefit of not having to waste a spot in my bag.

Also I do make potions everywhere I go, invisibility pots are always nice to have on you because sometimes on a wipe I have a SS on so I can rez people up but on occasion when I die right near the mobs so if I do rez I get killed; unless I have an invisibility pot so when I spawn I spam a hotkey and go invis so I can walk back and rez people up. Swiftspeed is nice in BM for when you have to make a dash to heal someone since people can easily go out of line of sight in that place.

I might not make a ton of lower less potions but the fact is if I have any number of lower level vials then that means its taking up a space which if possible I would prefer to avoid.

Why do you use an herb bag?! Do you really carry over 28 herbs with you all the time?! If yes, why?
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

15+ Year Old Account

Banks were created for a reason. So were bank tabs, guild banks, bank alts, bank alt guild banks, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    Why do you use an herb bag?! Do you really carry over 28 herbs with you all the time?! If yes, why?
    I gather and like gold. Plus if someone forgets a certain potion for certain bosses that require massive DPS or maybe something simple like super pots I can help them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen
    Banks were created for a reason. So were bank tabs, guild banks, bank alts, bank alt guild banks, etc.
    Bank item store 4 me? What do bank item room? Me 1 hour wait alt send convenient? How do alt make hunter booby?

They should make it like enchanting rods, how the tooltip says - also serves as any lesser enchanting rod.

So an alchemy recipe requires "Crystal vial or better".

Easy to code, easy to implements, saves lots of trouble. I hate only having to have vials just for my mad alchemists potion that are different from the ones for my elixirs. The gold saved isnt worth the pain in my ass and loss of bag space for a druid.

Quote Originally Posted by DruidFTW
    They should make it like enchanting rods, how the tooltip says - also serves as any lesser enchanting rod.

So an alchemy recipe requires "Crystal vial or better".

Easy to code, easy to implements, saves lots of trouble. I hate only having to have vials just for my mad alchemists potion that are different from the ones for my elixirs. The gold saved isnt worth the pain in my ass and loss of bag space for a druid.
    Not to mention the other stuff most 70's carry such as 1+ non-combat pets, 2-3+mounts, food buffs, super mana/health potions, elixirs, temp buff potions, reagents, PvP gear if your also a PvE healer, quest items, TRINKETS!, maybe some fishing gear/lure, other random items for fun, and some priests like to carry around the mats for "Cozy fire" buff for that lil bit of extra spirit.

And "Crystal vial or higher" would be a great way of going about it.

nice Vial idea. Why higher version of vial are unable to content the liquid of lower version anyway?
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Glacialforce
    Bank item store 4 me? What do bank item room? Me 1 hour wait alt send convenient? How do alt make hunter booby?
    FYI sending between alts is instant, so all you waste is logging time.. and you "can" use mailbox as additional bank space so you don't have to log every time.. you just have to resend items, that are on "standby" every month...

nice grammar/spelling tho -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    Tyg,

The fact of the matter is YES as an alchemist I often do make 80+ pots. Normally throughout the course of a normal raid week I would make ~400 elixir's of dreanic wisdom, ~400 elixir of Major Healing, 300+ Mad alchemist pots. I would usually make ~160 elixir of major strength's as well as ~100 Magebloods...
    How many wipes did you guys have!

Jokign aside, yeah Vials are kind of annoying since there isn't a standard vial. IMO, it woul dbe nice if the WOTLK "Top Teir" Vial would be able to be used for any previous vials. Something like "Frosted Vial" (Also can be used as a replacement for leaded, crystal, and imbued vials".

It woudl be nice, but its not game breaking. I usually can just carry 20-40 around until I get a chance to buy more/mail potions to my bank mule.

Quote Originally Posted by pittaxx
    FYI sending between alts is instant, so all you waste is logging time.. and you "can" use mailbox as additional bank space so you don't have to log every time.. you just have to resend items, that are on "standby" every month...

nice grammar/spelling tho -.-
    Guess I figured the only way to address a retarded suggestion was to give a retarded answer while of course...sounding retarded. Sorry the humor didnt pan out for you but maybe next time.

Didnt you get the memo? (lowers glasses)

I can understand the need for an herb bag (although I just put the bag in my bank when not herbing), but at the same time most people make the potions/elixirs/flasks before raids. Also, it won't matter too much with potion sickness unless that got removed and I missed the memo. Not going to need nearly as many potions/elixirs/etc as you did before.

But really, you should be making the stuff and keeping what you make + procs in a "guild bank" or a banking character of sorts (herbs as well actually). When you herb, carry your herb bag, then empty it into your bank/gbank on a seperate character then trade things out and use a normal bag. You shouldn't need to carry that many things around with you at all times.

Then again, that's just my opinion.