Priest arena fun. Question please.

Myself and a friend wish to 2v2. We are both priests. He is disc, I have normally been shadow.

Do we go double disc for ridiculously annoying existence or SP/Disc and hope he can keep me alive?

What do you think folks?

Re: Priest arena fun. Question please.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Inept
    No.
    Useful.

Give me a clue. This is not to hit 2k, but to be amusing and fun and not totally rolled.

2xDisc Vs. double DPS should be a win? Then it becomes warrior/rogue/lock + druid all the way. I do not know what can be done against them.

Disc + shadow will probably lose against everything in my experience - so I was going to go disc too for that reason.

I want to play with my friend, I have no other level 70's - nor does he.

As a full s4 priest I can let you know, you are at a disadvantage in 2s. Warriors and rogues roll you and Druids laugh at how useless your mana burns are and how mana inefficient you are. A double priest team is nearly impossible to win with in higher end games. Double healer teams never do well because you can never deal enough dps to kill the most common type of team, 1 healer 1 dps. Double dps will probably be able to cc one of you for long enough to pop the other.

If you would really like to give it a try, Disc & Shadow is the way to go I'd say. I suppose you could try shadow/shadow but disc/disc would be just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails

Myself and a friend wish to 2v2. We are both priests. He is disc, I have normally been shadow.

Do we go double disc for ridiculously annoying existence or SP/Disc and hope he can keep me alive?

What do you think folks?
    As a s3 priest (went holy for pve in s4) 2 priest is not a viable makeup. Priests have imo the least mobility in pvp and we rely on our teammates to peal off dps (especially melee) when they are focusing on us. Against druid teams you will almost certainly loose unless they are complete noobs, but even a noob resto druid is somewhat challenging especially with 2 priest makeup. Rogues and warriors will eat you alive with crippling poison, hamstring, ms, and wound poison.

You also have to consider the cc issue with 2 priests. Well times fears would be key in winning with 2 priests, but everyone has a trinket and undead have another (and possibly humans with their new racial but that's speculation). Not to mention with fears going off with 2 priests you now have to worry about DR. So you would probably be forced using divine Hymn at inopportune times just to survive, instead of right b4 a nuke to finish a player off (also not sure if divine hymn is usable in shadowform but i doubt it, if that's the case then you will loose ALOT of mana casting the spell then recasting shadowform).

All in all do whatever is fun to you (that's what the game is about), but don't be expecting to win many games with 2 priest makeup. You might both want to have serious 2's teams and just do skirmishes for fun when you have time.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

Sigh. Gave up on the idea.

Made a team with a warrior. Not going great.

My gear is a bit lol. His is worse I think. My spec I made up on the fly - could have got it wrong. I think reduced greater heal time was better than I thought.

We lost to druid warrior and druid rogue a lot. Lost to a couple of Lock druids who drained me - I think the big issue was the pet not dying on the lock stuff.

Anyhow - this is the gear I was using. Go go critique

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ssil&n=Ntrails

Yes some PvE stuff. And that is a really bad choice of ring now I look again >_<

An idea of order to get new stuff, whatever, thoughts on me and/or the warrior. Share <3

If you want to 2s as a spriest i'd recommend double dps... good partners would be Rogues, BM hunters, Frost Mages or SL/SL Locks...

Don't see how a Shadow Priest/Warrior would work... unless you went disc... that's not too bad a combo but as someone pointed out above, resto druids are completely OP and will outlast you if they know what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    If you want to 2s as a spriest i'd recommend double dps... good partners would be Rogues, BM hunters, Frost Mages or SL/SL Locks...

Don't see how a Shadow Priest/Warrior would work... unless you went disc... that's not too bad a combo but as someone pointed out above, resto druids are completely OP and will outlast you if they know what they're doing.
    yeah - went disc.

It would help if I sucked less, 3 months away means I spend half my time looking for the ability I want, and no real bindings to speak of.

Hehe Disc is way different than shadow huh.

A few tips that might help (i know they sound obvious to some ppl but wth)

1. Keep yourself alive. Obvious, but if your dead your partner doesn't gets heals. And for the most part you have priority over your partner if its close, with some exceptions. (but remember binding heal very nice in 2's, although very mana inefficient if used incorrectly)

2. Dispell ALOT.... (Lifebloom, ive heard both arguments for and against dispelling, but i always tried to dispel it when its stack two or three times. I think just a single lifebloom is mana inefficient to dispel, but don't quote me on that)

3. Try and always stay mobile (don't stand in 1 place and try to chain heals for to long unless your playing the LOS game) especially vs a rogue or warrior team, if they get a hold of u it makes things rough.

4. Mana burn healers, hunters and even some casters (varies alot with situation with casters, usually they blow through their mana pretty fast by themselves). Ret Paly or enhancement Shaman without mana is pretty much worthless to =)

5. Drink anytime you can especially against an outlast team.

6. KEYBIND PAIN SUPRESSION!!!!!!!!!!! if you dont keybind any spell, do it for this one trust me on this. (even keybinding it to spacebar if your just getting used to the whole keybinding thing)

7. Keep PW:S, Renew, and Mending up at all times.

8. Might want to check some addons to if you don't have them already. Hers a few good ones
    Natur EnemyCastBar.
    Aesa(havent tried this one but ive heard its really good).
    X-Perl UnitFrames (LOVE this one, plus its got some cool graphics and a very nice Focus Frame).
    Decursive (i like this one, but u gotta be careful with it).
    Healbot (i never liked this much for arenas it casted the wrong spells sometimes and cost me games, but i still use it for BG's and occasionally raids if i don't know the fight, but use with caution. It might be very beneficial if you don't want to keybind your healing spells).
    There are many more i just looked at what i currently have in my addon folder =)

9. Might also want to check out www.arenajunkies.com Theirs alot of info and more tips from ppl better than me, probably worth your time.

Hope this helps you some in arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    What resto druids bring to PvP:
    - the best mobility of any class
    - their main heal is instant cast and spammable
    - low vulnerability to dispels
    - mostly invulnerable to counterspells/lock outs
    - abolish rogue poisons
    - are immune to some cc
    - can escape many roots/snares
    - they have cc
    - they have roots/snares
    - they have stuns (which use no mana)
    - they have an interrupt (which uses no mana)
    - they have damage mitigation in bear form
    - very mana efficient

What disc priests bring to PvP
    - fair to poor mobility
    - some instant cast heals, but the best are on cooldowns
    - totally dependent on buffs for survivability ... extremely vulnerable to dispels
    - vulnerable to counterspells/lock outs whenever you must stand and heal
    - kiting defeated by rogue poisons, wing clip, hamstring, etc.
    - can offensively dispel
    - no cc (except fear which is easily defeated and short range)
    - no roots/snares
    - no stuns
    - no interrupts
    - damage mitigation is on cooldown and/or vulnerable to dispels
    - low mana efficiency

Because of the mechanics on which PvP most depends, druids have been given all the advantages in PvP.

Honestly 2v2 with 2 priests will not work. But! if your doing it for fun, I say do it. Just because its a game and you want to have fun. I have been shadow all of my toon's arena life so I'm not too sure how to play a disc. priest. All I know is disc priest make up with another dps usually steamroll my 2v2 team which is a sl/sl lock and a shadow priest. But on the flip side, my 2v2 team takes out resto druids really easy. Go figure! :

Anyhow - this is the gear I was using. Go go critique

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ssil&n=Ntrails

Yes some PvE stuff. And that is a really bad choice of ring now I look again >_<

An idea of order to get new stuff, whatever, thoughts on me and/or the warrior. Share <3
    Hum checked armory and was surprised to see you in pretty good gear. (some pve and dps, but i was expecting someone in greens or AH bought Blues which your far from).

Biggest bennefit from upgrades you would see would probably be honor or arena pvp wand, epic pvp trinket with more resiliance. Then work on mooncloth set. And enchant your gear gloves, bracers and cloak

Your Health and mana pools look good for arenas but your resilience is a bit low. I think around 450 is the cap for resilience so my recommendation would be stacking gems and +15 enchant to chest to reach this. I know most of your gear is +healing/dmg so its lower than if you had the full mooncloth, but not something that you can overcome in arenas. Yes more +healing helps but resilience and survivability is more important. After resilience cap is met or close to it, i would normally say stack +mp5 gems, but you might want to stack +healing since your gear is +spell dmg and ehaling.

Your talents on the other hand will hurt you alot more than the gear u have imo.
    I wouldn't recommend any points in silent resolve for 2's, but if you wanna put points in it then don't half way do it put all 5. Absolution is nice i always have it maxed out, but if your not dispelling alot then you might consider skipping it. Enlightenment is nice but when you look at it 5% only give you roughly 43 stamina, 24 int, and 15 spirit. This is nice, but its a whopping 5 points might want to consider what your giving up to put them there. Holy spec no no bad idea, your crit is so low that if your relying on it your screwed and its a waist of 5 points also. You would do better putting the 5 in Spell Warding which would well compensate in the long run for that 5 in enlightenment. Divine Fury is also almost a must have, not only shorter Gheal but shorter smite and holy fire also. I only put 1 in Blessed Recovery just for the fact its something else to dispel, but if you feel its helping u then stick with it i think its just more of a preference. I usually picked up improved healing, but if you just don't use gheal alot then you might want to skip it also more of a preference.

I think you said you made this spec up on the fly which is probably why some of these talents are messed up imo but i would strongly consider paying the 50g or less and respecing if your serious about arenas. And put some thought into it (play around on talent calculators till you find something that fits your play style)

Furthermore since your a top end pve raider i would assume that there is some skilled rogues and hunters in your guild i would strongly recommend ditching the warrior and running priest/rogue or priest/mm hunter i think you will be surprised how much easier the games will be.

I 2v2 with a Disc priest. I am a warlock specced felguard on most days, and we have kept our rating at least 1800 just dicking around with weird specs. He is normally disc/holy/shadow hybrid for blackout and imp scream, giving us a little more CC when I cant get a fear off on melee teams. In a typical dps/healer fight for us, we normally turn it into 2 1v1 matches. I leave him with the dps once I dot it up, and I chase the healer around. If the team is aggressive with us, we get aggressive back. Felguard is great in the way that it has incredible burst if you have time to get even one shadowbolt off. We can often force them to play defensively by splitting dps between me on the healer and him on the dps. He normally has the dps to at least half health by the time I do the same to a pillar humping druid or priest.

Disc does a ton of damage in pvp if played aggressively with dispels and bubble up on every cooldown. Never underestimate Pain, mindblast, and smite. Fiend early. In outlast fights you will use it multiple times. I believe that my disc priest could get at least 1750 with another disc priest of equal skill. They have crazy survivability from my experience. They also have the best healing mobility second only to druids of course. I would love to see it anyway. Double healer teams are so frustrating to try to kill. A skilled healer can keep himself alive for a surprising amount of time through even double dps teams. Sounds like fun to me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Healbot411
    Hum checked armory and was surprised to see you in pretty good gear. (some pve and dps, but i was expecting someone in greens or AH bought Blues which your far from).

Biggest bennefit from upgrades you would see would probably be honor or arena pvp wand, epic pvp trinket with more resiliance. Then work on mooncloth set. And enchant your gear gloves, bracers and cloak

Your Health and mana pools look good for arenas but your resilience is a bit low. I think around 450 is the cap for resilience so my recommendation would be stacking gems and +15 enchant to chest to reach this. I know most of your gear is +healing/dmg so its lower than if you had the full mooncloth, but not something that you can overcome in arenas. Yes more +healing helps but resilience and survivability is more important. After resilience cap is met or close to it, i would normally say stack +mp5 gems, but you might want to stack +healing since your gear is +spell dmg and ehaling.
    <3

I have more PvP DPS gear that i could use instead of the PvE healing gear I am wearing (boots,belt for example) if you think that would be better than the extra healing?

I will work on the spec - but yeah, made up as I went along. Thanks for pointing out my foolish foolish choices, shall respec in a bit. only 25g >_<

I'll think about rogue/MM hunter. I know the warrior a bit so it might be hard. But some CC from a rogue (stuns etc) would greatly help me when facing 2 DPS teams. We came up against double BM hunter at one point, one with all vengeful gear+, and the two of them killed me despite pain suppression and spam healing myself.

Got enchant to legs now. Just need something for chest.

Put resi on chest. Changed to vindicators DPS boots.

I cannot believe what happened duelling last night. I fought a 4/5 brutal rogue, and won.

Seriously, as shadow I would have been dead after the first fear was trinketed. I merely out lasted and DoTTed the rogue.

I think I had the biggest grin ever on my face (special hatred for rogues tbh)

Give me a clue. This is not to hit 2k, but to be amusing and fun and not totally rolled.

If your intentions are to have fun, then why do you need us to decide for you if it will be fun or not?

Go get attention elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SensenmanN
    If your intentions are to have fun, then why do you need us to decide for you if it will be fun or not?

Go get attention elsewhere.
    Because there is a line? Somewhere between taking arena seriously to hit 2k+ and losing every game.

You may as well suggest that I should play in no gear and just get instagibbed each time, if all I want is fun.....

I wished for an opinion for the most likely to succeed of 2 options. Winning is fun, so is playing with friends. Your problem is?