Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's your cast cycle for destro

With the PTR out already, and the patch soon to go up (I'll give it 2 more weeks max) I was wondering what would be the best cast cycle for destro locks.

I was thinking something like: CoA (now procs molten core) -> Immolate -> Incerate x # --> Conflag --> Chaos Bolt --> Immolate --> Incenerate x # --> Conflag --> Chaos Bolt --> Immolate --> Incenerate --> CoA --> Incenerate and so on...

Of course you would conflag every 12 seconds (to keep in line with chaos bolts CD).

So what other destro rotations are there?

Re: What's your cast cycle for destro

Immo -> Inci -> Conflag repeat

corruption for moltencore proc

with casting imp out

CoA, Immolate, Incinerate x 5, Life Tap, Conflagerate, Shadow Bolt x2, Chaos Bolt,

Cor=>/dance=>/spit=>haunt=>sb=>/flirt

CoE, Immo, Conflag, Sbolt, Sbolt (pray for ISB/MC) CB, Immo, Sbolt, until Immo is almost up, Conflag and repeat using CB whenever it comes off CD.

When last on the PTR a week or so ago, this was working out well since sbolt hits hard and allows 2 debuffs that make CB hit like a truck.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling due to the following post:
    "Anyone else really loving the new Ghost Form Warlocks were given? You’re immune to all damage, can explore ANYWHERE uninterrupted, hear creepy music and the best part is, you can stay in that form for as long as you want. Cheesy

If you don’t know where to train “Ghost Form”, you can learn the ability for free from any melee class you encounter by clicking the “Release” confirmation window that pops up."

Quote Originally Posted by Omnomnomz
    CoE, Immo, Conflag, Sbolt, Sbolt (pray for ISB/MC) CB, Immo, Sbolt, until Immo is almost up, Conflag and repeat using CB whenever it comes off CD.

When last on the PTR a week or so ago, this was working out well since sbolt hits hard and allows 2 debuffs that make CB hit like a truck.

this is more what i was thinking.. although they nerfed imp sbolt again to 10% im not sure if id still run this rotation

i wish blizzard would just consider changing chaos bolt to shadow damage allowing some better use of molten without having to cast sbolts or corr (lawl)

Cat corr already, 1.5 cast with the same if not a higher spell damage coefficient makes it better than conflag imo.

Backdraft Rank 3

When you cast Conflagrate, the cast time of your next three Destruction spells is reduced by 30%. Lasts 15 sec.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling due to the following post:
    "Anyone else really loving the new Ghost Form Warlocks were given? You’re immune to all damage, can explore ANYWHERE uninterrupted, hear creepy music and the best part is, you can stay in that form for as long as you want. Cheesy

If you don’t know where to train “Ghost Form”, you can learn the ability for free from any melee class you encounter by clicking the “Release” confirmation window that pops up."

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    Cat corr already, 1.5 cast with the same if not a higher spell damage coefficient makes it better than conflag imo.

in a dest rotation... which has no talents to increase shadow damage means at some point (especially with haste gear) that corruption will be a wasteful cast

I don't know if it kept the old spell damage coefficient, but its damage per cast still scales with haste, its damage over time that doesn't. Since placement in spell rotation is on a per cast time basis, I think corruption fits quite nicely with its huge basic damage and spell coefficient. Being able to proc inscripted nightfall and molten core is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    I don't know if it kept the old spell damage coefficient, but its damage per cast still scales with haste, its damage over time that doesn't. Since placement in spell rotation is on a per cast time basis, I think corruption fits quite nicely with its huge basic damage and spell coefficient. Being able to proc inscripted nightfall and molten core is a bonus.
    damage per cast of corr may not change
    damage per cast with your nukes that you could have cast instead of corruption does more significantly increase

no one ever argued that corr doesnt scale well with spell damage however when you are deep destr your other spells are scaling better

if imp sbolt still worked on periodic damage id rotate corr for sure... ill test it some more later this week when im back on beta

ISB works on if you cast the spell after it procs, like a buff on you instead of a debuff on the target.

Also keep in mind that haste reduces your GCD, so Corruption's implied cast time won't be 1.5 seconds anymore.

Corruption's bonuses are hard to quantify though. Glyph'd Nightfall is sexy for Destro now that Corruption is instant by default. Molten Core is nice too.

I don't think it will be dropped from any warlock's rotation. Blizzard is doing this on purpose so warlocks don't end up spamming one or two spells again. It seems like they want the class to actually use what defines it (DoTs). Warlocks were never really defined by Shadowbolt or Incinerate spams.

Warlocks are defined by eating babies and taking souls.

curse of "whichever your assigned to"
    corruption
    immolate
    incinerate spam
    when immolate is almost at the end of its cycle:
    conflagerate

no chaos bolt because of sacced imp spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicieus
    curse of "whichever your assigned to"
    corruption
    immolate
    incinerate spam
    when immolate is almost at the end of its cycle:
    conflagerate

no chaos bolt because of sacced imp spec.
    corruption doesnt benefit from sacd imp
    what are you casting after conflag to benefit from backdraft?
    CBs damage was increased and scaling was also increased recently and in my testing does at least 30% more damage than incinerate even with motlen core up
    imps damage is also decent, benefits from points in demo, can also be gylphed

right now in beta keeping my imp and mixing shadow and fire in my rotation is far more dps than just fire and definitly more than adding in corruption

Imp attack + Curse

Corr
    Immo
    CB
    Incin until < 3 secs on Immo
    Conflag
    Immo (backdraft)
    CB (backdraft)
    Incin (backdraft)
    Corr
    Continue Incin, reapplying DoTs as necessary, reapplying Immo after Conflag, and using Conflag Before the last Immo tick. Destruction is actually pretty fun now, and there's quite a bit to keep track of ^_^

I've been a destro lock since day 1, listen to my wisdom...

This is the perfect rotation!!!
    1.Immolate - always start off with this move, it opens up conflag and molten core
    2. Dots - CoA and corrupt
    3. Conflag - gain backdraft
    4. immolate- quick immolate from backdraft
    5. Shadowfury - instant stun
    6. incinerate or searing pain- by this time molten core will prot from dots
    7 choas bolt - used for finishers or when a shield is popped
    8. Soulburn - melt da face

GG

Molten core's description says, "your shadow spells AND your damage over time effects" so does that mean it procs from immolate ticks?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakastan78
    I've been a destro lock since day 1, listen to my wisdom...

This is the perfect rotation!!!
    1.Immolate - always start off with this move, it opens up conflag and molten core
    2. Dots - CoA and corrupt
    3. Conflag - gain backdraft
    4. immolate- quick immolate from backdraft
    5. Shadowfury - instant stun
    6. incinerate or searing pain- by this time molten core will prot from dots
    7 choas bolt - used for finishers or when a shield is popped
    8. Soulburn - melt da face

GG
    ok I think we're talking pve here bud