Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: What's your cast cycle for destro

Immolate doesn't proc molten core.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakastan78
    I've been a destro lock since day 1, listen to my wisdom...

This is the perfect rotation!!!
    1.Immolate - always start off with this move, it opens up conflag and molten core
    2. Dots - CoA and corrupt
    3. Conflag - gain backdraft
    4. immolate- quick immolate from backdraft
    5. Shadowfury - instant stun
    6. incinerate or searing pain- by this time molten core will prot from dots
    7 choas bolt - used for finishers or when a shield is popped
    8. Soulburn - melt da face

GG
    i went oom just reading that
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

New Rotation(casting imp) Old Rotation(sacced suxxorbuz)
    0.0s Chaos Bolt 0.0 Shadow bolt
    1.5s Corruption 2.5 Shadow bolt
    3.0s Immolate 5.0 Shadow bolt
    4.5s Incinerate x # 7.5 Shadow bolt
    ~12.0s Chaos Bolt
    ~13.5s Conflag
    15.0s Shadowbolt x3(1.92s cast due to Backdraft)
    21.0s Corruption
    22.5s Immolate
    24.0s Chaos bolt again

This rotation is too messy, but would probably make decent dmg

I am also thinking about not taking Backdraft or Molten Core, and spam Immolate, Chaos and Incinerate but that would probably suck :>

Quote Originally Posted by Skutt
    New Rotation(casting imp) Old Rotation(sacced suxxorbuz)
    0.0s Chaos Bolt 0.0 Shadow bolt
    1.5s Corruption 2.5 Shadow bolt
    3.0s Immolate 5.0 Shadow bolt
    4.5s Incinerate x # 7.5 Shadow bolt
    ~12.0s Chaos Bolt
    ~13.5s Conflag
    15.0s Shadowbolt x3(1.92s cast due to Backdraft)
    21.0s Corruption
    22.5s Immolate
    24.0s Chaos bolt again

This rotation is too messy, but would probably make decent dmg

I am also thinking about not taking Backdraft or Molten Core, and spam Immolate, Chaos and Incinerate but that would probably suck :>
    I don't know I find that casting corruption LOWERS my dps. I just leave it up to the shadowbolts after a conflag to proc molten core, it's still up almost the whole time anyways because the cycle just comes right back.

Let me clear up this whole confusion about molten core. Read the discription on the talent, it says all damage over time effects and shadow spells have a 15% chance to prot it. Immolate is a damage over time effect, so is CoA and corrupt. Molten core will prot from immolate and Dots, so a good warlock will always start off with an immolate or a soulfire( I just like soulfiring in the begining, makes em cry)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakastan78
    Let me clear up this whole confusion about molten core. Read the discription on the talent, it says all damage over time effects and shadow spells have a 15% chance to prot it. Immolate is a damage over time effect, so is CoA and corrupt. Molten core will prot from immolate and Dots, so a good warlock will always start off with an immolate or a soulfire( I just like soulfiring in the begining, makes em cry)
    played beta? PTR?

Im on both... maybe im just very unlucky but ive never had a molten core proc off immolate ticks

Lets read this again... like an equation

Your Shadow ( spells and damage over time effects) = 15% chance to increase the damage of your Fire spells by 10% for 6 sec.

The spell was designed so that shadow direct damage spells proc it as well as ticks of shadow damage

Otherwise it would just be worded

Your spells have a 15% chance to increase the damage of your fire spells by 10% for 6 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassive
    Immo -> Inci -> Conflag repeat

corruption for moltencore proc

with casting imp out

ummm coa lasts longer and is instant. prob go with that instead of corruption and dont say improve it cuz thats a waste of points

Shadowbolt spammage is slightly different in the expansion on the beta i have following build.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=I0x...ZEchqr0uhsAf0z

Note: Improved corruption is a nice dps increase which is why the 5 points exist in there because fire and brimstone continues to be Poo, Improved Lifetap = less lifetapping during pew pew.

With this build you will need the following major glyphs : Glyph of shadowbolt (10% less mana), Glyph of corruption (procs nightfall)

Heres how the casting sequence will be = COE --- CORRUPTION (lets this tick all the way for molten core or nightfall--insert bolt at nightfall) ---immolate---conflag---3xbolt

Molten core proc---Chaos bolt--go back to above rotation--rinse repeat.

Dmg quotient will remain the same and your SB is now more mana efficient than incinerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Menin
    rofl get with the times corruption is now instant cast for everyone
    rofl get with the past it still carries a 1.5 global cooldown
    Quote Originally Posted by Urgganzish
    Shadowbolt spammage is slightly different in the expansion on the beta i have following build.

Note: Improved corruption is a nice dps increase which is why the 5 points exist in there because fire and brimstone continues to be Poo, Improved Lifetap = less lifetapping during pew pew.

With this build you will need the following major glyphs : Glyph of shadowbolt (10% less mana), Glyph of corruption (procs nightfall)

Heres how the casting sequence will be = COE --- CORRUPTION (lets this tick all the way for molten core or nightfall--insert bolt at nightfall) ---immolate---conflag---3xbolt

Molten core proc---Chaos bolt--go back to above rotation--rinse repeat.

Dmg quotient will remain the same and your SB is now more mana efficient than incinerate.
    You do realize by not tweaking out your imp you are loosing hella dps right?

Quote Originally Posted by Menin
    rofl get with the topic it was between coa and corruption

you are dumb
    rofl then CoA > Corruption

SB will be more evenly matches with incinerate now so i would go with this build.

keep in mind that shadow priest no longer give you 10 percent damage bonus to your shadow spells while mages still do give you bonus to your fire spells.

So for the rotation on this build for me it would be corr, immo, incineratex3(or 4 depending on haste) conflag. when your backdraft procs cast corr first then immo and incinerates so your corruption will have that much more time to proc molten core. I would think it would be more beneficial to have the demonic sac then the chaos bolt tbh.
    hope it helps :P

I would put 5 points in Fire and Brimstone instead of the Demonology talents.

Quote Originally Posted by jthnyn13
    I would put 5 points in Fire and Brimstone instead of the Demonology talents.
    Denied, massive massive loss of damage from fel armor being weaker

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    corruption doesnt benefit from sacd imp
    what are you casting after conflag to benefit from backdraft?
    CBs damage was increased and scaling was also increased recently and in my testing does at least 30% more damage than incinerate even with motlen core up
    imps damage is also decent, benefits from points in demo, can also be gylphed

right now in beta keeping my imp and mixing shadow and fire in my rotation is far more dps than just fire and definitly more than adding in corruption
    Ive tried both Chaos Bolt spec and sacced imp/incinerate spam. My incinerates were hitting harder than my Chaos Bolt because of the 10% more damage.

After backfraft procs more incinerate spam. Corruption might not be worth it in the rotation.

With 10% more fire damage your immolate ticks for more and incinerates damage is increased. Demonic Aegis is another reason you do more damage.

You also have soul link with the demonic sacc build. So if there's a fight where survivability is needed you keep out your voidwalker, and youd have a much better chance to live.

You do realize by not tweaking out your imp you are loosing hella dps right?
    Been there done that useless crap really, 3 points in improved imp, two points in demonic power, 3 points in Imp chance to crit increased by 20% (it was usefull before the unnessary nerf), useless waste of points and waste of time managing demon.

Fire and brimstone another useless talent , backdraft makes having an immolate up at all times obsolete.

best cast sequence is: COE, Immo, Conflag, Cb, Inncernerate x (X), conflag, repeat leaving COE out on rest of rotations obviously
    and for the finishing touches at end of fight: conflag, CB, shadowfury (if u got it), shadowburn (if u got it)

if that pulls aggro to fats at beginning of fight go: COE, Immo, CB, Inncernerate x (X), Conflag, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Holymight
    best cast sequence is: COE, Immo, Conflag, Cb, Inncernerate x (X), conflag, repeat leaving COE out on rest of rotations obviously
    and for the finishing touches at end of fight: conflag, CB, shadowfury (if u got it), shadowburn (if u got it)

if that pulls aggro to fats at beginning of fight go: COE, Immo, CB, Inncernerate x (X), Conflag, repeat
    Waste of fire and brimstone, no Chaos Bolt, no Corruption for MC procs. Unless this is for PvP...in which case you should still be aiming to use CB and and an instant dot anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymight

erm why conflag before X amount of incinartes? lol too many global cool downs if you ask me.

coe > immo > incineratex 3-4 > conflag > chaos bolt