Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Epic battles and Idea's to resurect world PVP

For a while now, ive been a common visitor to the opposing factions towns.
    But there is a rapid decline in the amount of people who actually participate in world pvp, especially raiding main cities.

I'd like to see more rewards, or at least more options for world pvp.
    For example, 4x honor for killing an alliance inside his home city!

Or even more quests/activities reguarding home cities.
    For example, a similar idea to WSG, capture the enemies Town Flag, and return it to your town center.
    this involves at least 10 people, a team effort, and one hell of a trek back to your own city, while fighting off attackers all the way.

this could all be rewarded with special "world PVP" items.

anyways, just my ideas.

and comments/other suggestions are welcome, would love to see more epic battles around azeroth

Re: Epic battles and Idea's to resurect world PVP

Great idea, really...I am all about some world pvp. They are rewarding the bear mount for killing city bosses now, so that's an incentive, and a title to boot. sadly, the majority of people will still be doing bgs and arena only. Arena because, well, its pretty fun, and is a real challenge. While bgs are for those who like to roll their face across a keyboard and feel good at the end of the day with their shiny new welfare. City raids take A) Time.... B) a good group... C) Usually a guild effort(pug runs usually fail at the gates). Which arena junkies cant give time for, and bg people dont have the skill or patience for.
    Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.

i so agree with this , really nice to see people ( besides me ) having concerns and idea's to keep pvp evolving and rewarding

another thing i'd like to see implemented,
    is less standard 65/75 guards, and more ways for actual players to defend their towns.

for example, boiling oil dropped from walls, etc. cool stuff to make it seige like

or things like, a bell that requires 10 people to ring, that calls forth a commanding officer to aid you in defence.

just random ideas tbh xD

15+ Year Old Account

well, Halaa was great. the only issue was alliance dominated (on Muradin) and the enemy GY was too far away so when the attackers died the walk really killed the whole epic battle feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunstrikeisretlawl
    Great idea, really...I am all about some world pvp. They are rewarding the bear mount for killing city bosses now, so that's an incentive, and a title to boot. sadly, the majority of people will still be doing bgs and arena only. Arena because, well, its pretty fun, and is a real challenge. While bgs are for those who like to roll their face across a keyboard and feel good at the end of the day with their shiny new welfare. City raids take A) Time.... B) a good group... C) Usually a guild effort(pug runs usually fail at the gates). Which arena junkies cant give time for, and bg people dont have the skill or patience for.
    Pls dont say arena is a challenge for a pala/warrior 2v2 team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunstrikeisretlawl
    Hahaha, oh lord!

Please don't tell me that you as a pillarhumper are trying to derail BGs, although it'd be hilarious.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox
    Pls dont say arena is a challenge for a pala/warrior 2v2 team.
    Clearly arena is a challenge for you 1426 2's rating on a shs rogue lol
    an pala/warrior is alot more challenging then warrior/druid

Quote Originally Posted by addict_104
    Clearly arena is a challenge for you 1426 2's rating on a shs rogue lol
    an pala/warrior is alot more challenging then warrior/druid
    My old sucky Arena team hasnt anything in common with this thread, has it?

My old sucky Arena team hasnt anything in common with this thread, has it?

please dont mock a system you cant handle yourself.

and please try to stay on subject

Quote Originally Posted by Melanctha
    please dont mock a system you cant handle yourself.

and please try to stay on subject
    Well, its nearly impossible to have a 2v2 team with 2 rogues - yes I know, sucky combination *cry cry* all that shit... But seriously. When you dont have a healer on a team, its kinda impossible to beat anything near 2 locks or other clothies. Warrior/Paladin is undestructible as 2 rogues. And aboe 1500, its the only thing we see generally. Or, friends getting boosted by full s4's. And dont say "just get a healer", cus I want to play with my friend.

So yes, it is kinda impossible in our Battlegrp to get high rating.

Arena aint about skills. Its about combo.

But then again, my arena team and what so ever has nothing to do in this thread.

Arena aint about skills. Its about combo.
    arena is about skills. combo just makes life alot easier.
    i know what its like to have my full epic ret who ive played for years on a 1550 rating, and my noob merc/greens rogue on 1650, just because i work well with a frost mage.
    so i wont lower myself to insulting your teams.

anyways, i dont want this thread degenerating into a "pvp neeedz skillz duhh" thread.

so please, keep it on topic.

As long as there are arenas and bg's open world pvp won't exist. period

Well, its nearly impossible to have a 2v2 team with 2 rogues - yes I know, sucky combination *cry cry* all that shit... But seriously. When you dont have a healer on a team, its kinda impossible to beat anything near 2 locks or other clothies.
    The 6th best 2v2 team in the world is rogue/rogue.
    http://cn.wowarmory.com/team-info.xm...9D%A5%E8%80%8D

Quote Originally Posted by Vamonse
    As long as there are arenas and bg's open world pvp won't exist. period
    the reason for that, in my opinion, is because battlegrounds/arena's are far more rewarding than world pvp.
    bg's/arena's get you epic gear. world pvp gets you a massive repair bill from being mashed by guards.

this is why i'd like to see less guards, more player based defenses, and more rewards for achieving things while world pvp'in.

the only problem with world pvp, is there's nothing to lure players in, nothing apart from the satisfaction of killing people in an unscripted event. Where anything can happen and the rules are in your hands.

add some rewards, and a few events/activities to spice things up, and we could get some real epic wars going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanctha
    arena is about skills. combo just makes life alot easier.
    i know what its like to have my full epic ret who ive played for years on a 1550 rating, and my noob merc/greens rogue on 1650, just because i work well with a frost mage.
    so i wont lower myself to insulting your teams.

anyways, i dont want this thread degenerating into a "pvp neeedz skillz duhh" thread.

so please, keep it on topic.

Yes, I can understand you dont want this thread to be another pvp needs skills thread. Anywyas, why cry about it, its never going to happen..

Etc. 2 Skilled Rogues vs. 1 skilled warrior and 1 skilled holy paladin. Do the math. Never possible to beat.

The idea of having a flags in maincities which you can steal and bring back is an awsome idea. Think of it, me as rogue gonna stealth to there flags pick it and run like forrest gump! Everyone is chasing me to get it back haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ratsastaa
    Bring back the old ranking system..!
    Yep with more ranks, too easy to get rank 14 :-D

There are "world pvp" achievement's come WotLK. The achievement system does give rewards so this will more than likely increase the amount of world pvp. This is the answer to all the world pvp junkies.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Militriax
    Yep with more ranks, too easy to get rank 14 :-D
    the old PvPers would bitch about it. I say just make a new title system.