Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Divine Plea... whaa?

* Divine Plea changed to : You gain 25% of your total mana over 15 sec (Old - 10 sec), but the amount healed by your spells is reduced by 100%. (Old - 50%)

Wait a second. You mean reduced by 100% as in... you can't heal at all? Why in the hell would a holy paladin use this ever? Someone explain to me the reasoning behind this... I understand they want to make it less OP for ret and prot paladins, but 15 seconds of no heals to give you a quarter of your mana back seems really shitty. Compare this to Evocate, which restores 60% of your mana for only 8 seconds of inactivity.

Re: Divine Plea... whaa?

Figure in the mana you're getting back by going out of the FSR, it's going to be more then just 25% of total mana.

Ehm...if you use it when you're completely OOM, you won't actually heal 100% less, you will heal just about 0% less... :

Quote Originally Posted by Zethyr
    Ehm...if you use it when you're completely OOM, you won't actually heal 100% less, you will heal just about 0% less... :
    Generally though wont this mean your tanks dead? If the mt healer is oom, and must use the wow version of the little girls room for 15 seconds you'd better hope that warrior tank has shield wall, and last stand ready and your LoH is ready to go just as soon as that 15 secs is up.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Or you had better hope that whatever add tank healer you have has a spare 15 seconds far enough in the fight that a PALADIN has oomed...which would have a lot of people shocked anyway I guess. :

I had to read that sentence 3 times... and I'm still confused. Perhaps you should add more emotes.

Oh "§$%!

This is a real nerf round for us. Have a look at the Infusion of the Light changes, those are much more a down for all Holy Paladins in PvP as well as in PvE.

Khody

This spell will be used for mana regen during trash packs now. Congratulations class designers.

The Infusion of the Light nerf was a bit disappointing, but I can see why they would need to nerf that, honestly. Healing yourself instantly to full with no cooldown other than a holy shock crit is completely overpowered.

That's not really the topic though... I truly can't ever see myself using this in a raid unless I'm COMPLETELY oom, and even then it may not be worth it. You'll regen enough mana in 10 seconds to get a heal or two off. Also, with divine plea currently at a 1 minute cooldown, I'm not sure I understand what they're trying to do with this spell. When would you really even use it?

And before more stupid comments roll in, anyone who thinks that 15 seconds of being useless as a healer is no big deal is absolutely retarded.

If they intend it to be used once a minute, I'd have to agree...I hadn't actually had a look at the cooldown. It could still be a decent PvP skill though, since people could run around pillars or CC for a bit while you regen mana... *shrugs*

I'm a holy pally myself btw, so don't hate me. ^_^

Khody

I'd this was used every CD in a raid it would effectively take you out for 25% of the fight.

What are they trying to do with this spell?

I see it's pvp uses though.

With a short cd like 1 minute perhaps it could be used (with a bit of coordination) with two pallies trading off big heals on a mt.

To the comment about the heals to full instantly.

Wasnt natures swiftness something essentially the same? The cost here is the mana not the ammount healed. High mana costs on max ranks HL's will prevent hs+hl's from being op, not to mention it requires a crit to start and you cannot count on that no matter how much crit you stack. I find that my abilities always fail me when I need them the most instead of the other way around. So in response I do my best to not ever NEED them.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

is the -100% healing a debuff or a buff, if its a buff u could just right click it when you have got 10% of your mana bac (thats if the mana back+healing debuff are together). now prot and ret pallys can spam it to there heart content but holy pallys can just use it in emergencys if they got mana burned or something. or between phase changes. (basic example: few secs before moroes vanishes you warn other healers that your going to use divine plea you then click off divine plea as he reappears and continue healing). or even if u cant click it off if u time it right u may only be out of healing for a couple of seconds. not spammable but is still useful

Nature's Swiftness has a three minute cooldown. I've always thought holy paladins needed something like a NS, since we're so easily locked down(I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this :P) but having one potentially every six seconds is very overpowered. I'd much rather have them put an internal cooldown - perhaps a minute - on the spell than change it the way they did.

I guess my concerns about divine plea are mostly based on what they think people are going to be using it for. There's no WAY you need this once a minute as a ret paladin... do prot pallies really have that much trouble keeping up their mana pool @ 80?

No idea about the buff/debuff thing, that is an interesting point. Would like to hear from someone in the beta about this.

Would be funny to see most rogue expressions though.

HA! I got you now you good for nothing holydin!
    -Commence 6 second rawr fest

Paladin /yawns
    -Insta full heals every 6 seconds

Rogue CoS's away befuddled and frustrated at his inability to kill the paladin or stop his heals.

Quote Originally Posted by uberduck
    is the -100% healing a debuff or a buff, if its a buff u could just right click it when you have got 10% of your mana back
    thats my guess, too, that it is tied to the buff, where you can simply declick it when needed, but you still gain some mana (with its short CD, it could work) but tbh it looks to me more like retri/prot spell now :/

I dont see it doing a whole lot of good for protadins to be frank. The mana return is quite a bit less for them and they in turn have higher cost spells that they cannot recoup the mana loss from like retadins can.

I imagine protadins will still be mostly relying on spiritual attunement for their mana.

Plea seems mostly like an oom pvp healers friend, and of course immense use to ret in both grinding and keeping up mana on long boss fights. The question will now become is ret mana so bad it needs this /is it worth the gcd? From what i've heard about ret pallys and never having mana problems...probably not.

Khody

Prof relies on BoSanc for mana now. This is just a plus.

And does ret really have mana issues anymore with JotW?

ok the problem i see with this is as follows...

1. .

A - arena. if you use this in arena you better hope to god your partner can hold out for 15 seconds untill you can heal agen. and agenst a 2v2 with burst like rogues / mages. this would be imposible. even if they were playing somthing with slow burst like a lock / healer 15 seconds in arena with no heals is a long time.

B- raiding. in raiding if i was holy i would ONLY use this between pulls to regen what little mana i used. it would be usless on boss fights unless your doing farming runs like a full group of t5 players runing cara with 2 healers and you know your other healer can handle 15 seconds alone. however in that case you going oom as t5+ in kara on a boss fight means your guild needs to find a new healer.

I've tested DP on Beta Servers and the -100% are active as long as you have the DP Buff up. So you can in fakt rightclick it. U can also start casting heals at sec 13 and they wont get the penalty when they go out shortly after DP has faded. That means u can use DP, immediately cast a heal and rightclick the buff shortly before ur cast finishes.

That means u can use ist every minute to gain 1000mana without charges ... but its not really worth it imho.
    However it displaces the mage in 5-man instances