Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Death to twinks?

heard a rumor in guild chat that the BG's will offer XP in the Xpac to get rid of twinking. i dont play beta and dont remeber reading a blue post on this so was hopeing somebody would know for sure.

Deleted

Re: Death to twinks?

Would be nice.

Twinks ruin battlegrounds while levelling up, in my opinion.

\o/

Glad they remove this.

i agree BG's suck at lower lvls while lvling but there SOOO much fun if you have one i also like that i can get to know ppl agin even on different servers like it was before the Xrelm BG's. you see some of the same faces agin and agin and make friends and enemys. its fun to be a twink imo

Dream on.

They will never do this.

Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by joopxiv
    Would be nice.

Twinks ruin battlegrounds while levelling up, in my opinion.
    +1 on that. Twinks are the main reason i never PVP'd in BG's on my main till i got her leveled up to the cap.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by acabiscuit
    i agree BG's suck at lower lvls while lvling but there SOOO much fun if you have one i also like that i can get to know ppl agin even on different servers like it was before the Xrelm BG's. you see some of the same faces agin and agin and make friends and enemys. its fun to be a twink imo
    You know, its also "sooo much fun" at level 70 (80) :P Point is, you cant really call twinks any harder. You spend an amazing amount of gold on the same items that each other twink of your class has, and then you pit up against other classes that has done the same. All you've really done is raise the item level, and in most cases its just a matter of who reaches the other first. How is that fun?!

Its not any different then if you were to BG at the level cap. Last I remembered you don't automatically get s4 once you hit 70. Nope, you have to suffer dying to all the people that have been level 70 long before you. I see no difference in twinking. so quit crying please.

I agree with eric

be it BG's at 19, 29 or 70 there will always be people with better gear than you who you have little chance of beating.

twinks are just a part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aym
    You know, its also "sooo much fun" at level 70 (80) :P Point is, you cant really call twinks any harder. You spend an amazing amount of gold on the same items that each other twink of your class has, and then you pit up against other classes that has done the same. All you've really done is raise the item level, and in most cases its just a matter of who reaches the other first. How is that fun?!
    your right, everyone has the exact same gear all we've done is raise the item lvl...so how could this be more fun than te lvl cap? for just that reason it eliminates the gear and makes it all about skill and your ability to play your class better that the other team can play theres. at the lvl cap theres ppl everywhere with diferent gear specs nothing is the same one battle ground to the next but with twinking you can eliminate gear and spec and its all about you and what you can do

I've found myself on the wrong end of a twink many times, but I hope they are not removed.

They offer another facet of gameplay, something else to work on than the usual raid/arena/dailies. People seem to put a lot of effort and planning into them to get gear without going over in exp.

Its something I've been meaning to do, but usually get caught up in leveling a new class and continue on to 70.

But yeah, it sucks for your level 22, 32, 42 etc to get owned over and over sometimes. Maybe a seperate "elite" queue for level (x)9s in BGs that would offer slightly better rewards/gold or something similiar is the answer. To give these special toons a place to shine, but let the general population have a more level playing field.

I think i did a bg once on my main while leveling up.. then never went back again till level cap... Also skipped bgs on 2 other characters until level cap.

First of all, there is a thread about this.

Secondly. If you never did BG on lower lvl cus of twinks, then it's your fault. Twinks are a small part of the Bg. I got a twink. I usually only see about 2-3 twinks on horde side and 2-3 twinks on alliance side. As Avarage.

And btw, BG's are not made for PvE. Thats why twinks exist. They are pvp characters. So instead of whining, go lvl your alt instead of stopping and trying to pvp with crappy lvl gear. Or maybe you whine at 70 aswell when you just dinged and getting killed in BG's with your newly dinged green gear. And instead of hating twinks, make one yourself. It's fun. And if you don't have the gold or you just think it's lame. Then stfu really.

All of my characters have done BGs while leveling up at each bracket to get the desired items, yes it was made more difficult with twinks, but it was still fun and can be compared to trying to BG at 70 in quested greens and fighting a season 4 geared player.

Don’t see why people have such a problem with it really.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling due to the following post:
    "Anyone else really loving the new Ghost Form Warlocks were given? You’re immune to all damage, can explore ANYWHERE uninterrupted, hear creepy music and the best part is, you can stay in that form for as long as you want. Cheesy

If you don’t know where to train “Ghost Form”, you can learn the ability for free from any melee class you encounter by clicking the “Release” confirmation window that pops up."

meh.

Its not the same as in level 70 in any means. If it were the same you wouldnt create a twink to begin with. Twinking is almost like playing god mode or cheating, 1 hiting normal characters and being almost understructible. I dont even get how is that fun. Twinking is like playing rugby as a 23 years old male in the little girls leage. Maybe you find it fun, most people dont and find that abusive.

Try to make twink : you will spend set ammount of gold , you will have to farm for exactly described items , and you have fun till the end of wow

now take a look at lv70 Bg : you farm farm farm farm and finally you get your Gladiator Gear . then BAM , Season 2 , you farm farm farm farm , and finally you get your uber2 Gladiator gear ( or else you became cannon fodder ) , and then , BAM , season 3 , you HAVE to farm , or else everyone else will laugh at you that you still walk in S1 gear( called also AFK-gear ) . You end farming , and want to rest a bit and just enjoy BG , but then BAM , season 4 and you can start your grind again.

In that time , 19 or 29 level twink made in Vanilla WoW still kills other horde/alliance, without any care in the world .

And you can log on it anytime you want without being affraid that suddenly new season gear will pop up ,and you will have to start again .

World of Farmcraft indeed.

I --personally-- would love yet another alternative method to the same old "quest, grind, instance run" routine for leveling.

Blizzard used to allow you to turn in Marks for honor from each battleground that would award both honor -AND- experience. Not sure why they took that away exactly (other than to cater to the "twink" community). You can turn in marks now for honor only, but I think it would be sweet if you could turn them in for both honor and XP again.

Quote Originally Posted by Geboran
    I --personally-- would love yet another alternative method to the same old "quest, grind, instance run" routine for leveling.

Blizzard used to allow you to turn in Marks for honor from each battleground that would award both honor -AND- experience. Not sure why they took that away exactly (other than to cater to the "twink" community). You can turn in marks now for honor only, but I think it would be sweet if you could turn them in for both honor and XP again.
    i can agree with this. give the toons wanting to lvl by means of PVP the chance and for the twinks give the option of turning it in for honor only. both ppl are happy problem solved.

oo and btw my original question hasnt been answered i dont think. are the BG's in the Xpac giving XP? anyone know for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by acabiscuit
    i can agree with this. give the toons wanting to lvl by means of PVP the chance and for the twinks give the option of turning it in for honor only. both ppl are happy problem solved.

oo and btw my original question hasnt been answered i dont think. are the BG's in the Xpac giving XP? anyone know for sure?
    The thing is, twinks(in my case at least), don't really need that much honor. Outside the Battle Standard and a trinket, there isn't much to get gear wise.