Thread: Divine Plea

Divine Plea

All you people having a breakdown over Divine Plea... what's the matter with you? The only REAL question here is, does the spell have a cool graphic effect?! I mean, cmon, we all know Pallies are more like christmas lights on the tree of WoW. The warriors, locks, and priests are the trunk... but pallies make it sparkle and smell pretty. Please lets just stick with the core priorities here.... make DP a pretty golden glow... doesn't matter what it does... people will still want you in the group in case all the lights go out.

Re: Divine Plea

Quote Originally Posted by cog
    All you people having a breakdown over Divine Plea... what's the matter with you? The only REAL question here is, does the spell have a cool graphic effect?! I mean, cmon, we all know Pallies are more like christmas lights on the tree of WoW. The warriors, locks, and priests are the trunk... but pallies make it sparkle and smell pretty. Please lets just stick with the core priorities here.... make DP a pretty golden glow... doesn't matter what it does... people will still want you in the group in case all the lights go out.
    Looking cool > Good abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by cog
    I would love to see its graphic look like a BoP only instead of a crown say "DISPEL ME" in big red size 74 font text.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

I blame you for my pink tier 5.

Sexy > Skill

Sexy > Purpose

Sexy > Healing meter

Sexy > Raid Wipe

No self-respecting team would ever dispel your Divine Plea...they would have a Mage Spellsteal it. :

Edit: Just like they do with Avenging Wrath and/or Blessing of Protection.

Unless they change every graphic for a paladin to the most amazing graphical effect the planet has ever witnessed, I think I'll just go play something else...... oh wait, it doesn't matter :

Quote Originally Posted by mrfinch
    Unless they change every graphic for a paladin to the most amazing graphical effect the planet has ever witnessed, I think I'll just go play something else...... oh wait, it doesn't matter :
    We already have the most awesome graphics... I mean our t5 is pwnsauce
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethyr
    No self-respecting team would ever dispel your Divine Plea...they would have a Mage Spellsteal it. :

Divine Plea isn't dispelable. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Durygos
    Divine Plea isn't dispelable. ;D
    Dur.

"However, the original nerf to the spell was partially because of it being difficult to stop a paladin in PvP, so we are going to make the effect dispellable."

- GC

ghost crawler already said they messed up on divine plea and are only making it 20% less healing and allow it to be dispelled/stolen,

Quote Originally Posted by Xephan
    Dur.

"However, the original nerf to the spell was partially because of it being difficult to stop a paladin in PvP, so we are going to make the effect dispellable."

- GC
    I didn't read that part.

Le sigh... I hope they incorporate an effect into an existing Ret talent that makes it undispelable, then.

Else it will be even easier to burn Ret's already miniscule mana pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethyr

I had a Mage/Pally team spellsteal my BoP when it had 3 seconds left, so he got forbearance, and he died 10 seconds later because his pally couldn't BoP him ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Moruk
    I had a Mage/Pally team spellsteal my BoP when it had 3 seconds left, so he got forbearance, and he died 10 seconds later because his pally couldn't BoP him ^_^
    So...umm...cover Divine Plea with Hand of Protection? Just in case that Mage spellsteals the wrong one, and it doesn't matter that the casting Paladin would also get forbearance, and, in the case of a ret, be unable to attack until the Mage (hopefully) spellsteals it? ^_^

Still, that Avenging Wrath on a Mage is pretty scary.

On that topic, or a whole other one, does anyone know if spellsteal can be spell reflected by a Warrior, giving the Warrior one of the Mage's buffs? I play a Paladin so I cannot try it out. ^_^

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Durygos
    I didn't read that part.

Le sigh... I hope they incorporate an effect into an existing Ret talent that makes it undispelable, then.

Else it will be even easier to burn Ret's already miniscule mana pool.
    well, at least that's a good sign.

Ret's aren't gonna have much problem with mana in PvP. ret regen so fast, it's not even worth burning. 1 judgement recovers 1/3 of the pally's mana pool + replenishment. as long as the pally has mana for judgement, ret will not have mana issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    We already have the most awesome graphics... I mean our t5 is pwnsauce
    so what's the avg dps on that purse?
    Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...

Oh and our regen won't be quite so good since they nerfed JotW... I really liked the old graphic of actually praying but that can't work when its not channeled

Quote Originally Posted by Vice
    Oh and our regen won't be quite so good since they nerfed JotW... I really liked the old graphic of actually praying but that can't work when its not channeled
    A nerf to JotW?

I think not. I consider it to be more of a balancing act, wherein the Retribution Paladin is handed a jetpack and the Holy Paladin is given a light shove into a pit filled with spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi
    so what's the avg dps on that purse?
    also has the equip bonus of
    +100 to shame.... which works as negative rep.

Quote Originally Posted by yiptastic
    well, at least that's a good sign.

Ret's aren't gonna have much problem with mana in PvP. ret regen so fast, it's not even worth burning. 1 judgement recovers 1/3 of the pally's mana pool + replenishment. as long as the pally has mana for judgement, ret will not have mana issue.
    JotW does NOT restore 1/3 of a paladins mana pool. It restores 33% of BASE MANA, which is much less than total mana even without INT from gear.

Base mana at 70 = 2953
    Therefore JotW will restore 975 mana per judgement at 70.

Base mana at 80 = 4394
    JotW will restore 1450 mana per judgement at 80.
    Dwarves are BURLY!