Two Questions! Best Race? Good PvP Spec? Please Help!

What is the best race for warlock after the PTR comes live? Blood Elf, Undead or Orc. I don't really like Orc for PvP.

Is this a good Affliction spec for PvP?
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

Re: Two Questions? Best Race? Good PvP Spec?

I only can say: grims reach is a must have! Dont give too much points on +dmg of your dots, movement and cc is everything. 2 points in supression are good too.
    But I dont realy like to play in deep affliction, it is to slow for me.
    My english is not the best, so if you want to correct my entry. Please send me a personal massage

Re: Two Questions? Best Race? Good PvP Spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Szgany
    I only can say: grims reach is a must have! Dont give too much points on +dmg of your dots, movement and cc is everything. 2 points in supression are good too.
    But I dont realy like to play in deep affliction, it is to slow for me.
    Ok. When I play on the PTR with my Lock it only takes about 10 seconds to kill something my level because I have so many spells to cast but once I'm finished casting it is good game.

Here is a new idea.

Re: Two Questions! Best Race? Good PvP Spec? Please Help!

Try using 3 shadow bolts, it usually downs most non elite anyway.

shadow embrace seems quite gay, it should add when you dot since it's in the dot tree duuuuuuuuuhhhh

best race is:
    undead for countering other locks - shadow miss chance/fear break
    orc would be the best for demo - reduced stun duration/pet does 5% more damage/burst racial
    BE is a good anti-caster/healer- silence + 2%miss chance on all spells

perssonaly i would run this - http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=IzxMrurhkVARcstbxczsM

eradication being very useful for getting a haunt/ua/fear off
    1 point in supression instead of imp CoA as lots of classes have resist mechanics
    no points in shadow embrace caus imo you wont be facing nearly as many druid comps so not as necssary
    s4 gladiator - 2v2(lock/dodo) and 3v3(shadowplay)
    s5 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/rogue) and 3v3(rmp)
    s6 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/hunter) INCOMING!!

Drain life also counts as periodic damage.

take it you haven't read the talent description? it stacks 2 times and works only from haunt and shadowbolt, unlike the live which is from DOTS

Im not really into affliction, I think its kinda gay. But I have found a pretty good shadow spec for affliction.

Check it out:

Im a gnome warlock and even though the horde races are built with good PvP abilities, gnomes are fucking insane. Its hard to see gnomes so I consider it a special ability, If u use demonic circle, there only your enemy will find u is if he pulls u over to him (death grip, etc.). Gnomes also have escape artist, this ability is fucking sweet against frost mages, rogues, warriors, etc. Even though gnomes may not have a silence like blood elfs or a immunity to fear and charm like undead, they still rock really hard, not to mention the 5% more mana racial ability.

Anyone give me the over all best race for a PvP warlock? I know what spec I am going to run.

Why do people overuse the word ''gay'' like it's something bad? Ugh.

Anyways, I'd say Blood Elf, to be perfectly honest with you. Silence that gives you mana back when used, +2% chance to resist all spells. Those are pretty nifty.

Lemme comment on you from doing extensive PVP research here on Affliction. I tried Destruction and it is a very goo spec for the 70 battles, y'know, but I cannot play destruction for the life of me. Just doesn't make sense, so I dedicate all my time to Affliction. I may not be the most seasoned but I have been with warlock since pre-bc so it counts for somethin'? (P.S. I'm also a BGer, most people talk about pvp builds based off of arenas but arenas don't matter as much to me as regular PVP since it has a different, more realistic battle feel to it. At least for me.)

Eradication: This is a nice talent, but not worth the 3 points compared to anything else you can get. Eradication procs every 30 + seconds. Not that great for such a deep talents, if it procs. Of course you'll be dotting everyone up you see with corruption but the thing is it often procs when A) Target(s) are near death and/or B) Dots are already readily applied to everyone. Best case scenario in either is UA/Haunt is 1.2 second cast but it's still not that good. Eradication is no new nightfall. Finish off Supression, it helps more.

Deaths Embrace: Is great, keep in mind your dots will increase in damage even if they are already applied when it takes effect. Which is also why the dot rotation of Corr, CoA, SL, Haunt, UA, Drain Life. Haunt will increase dmg midway through the rotation AND reset corruption with everlasting affliction then reset corruption again. Also haunt later lets you test the area first, finding a safer-ish spot depending on the situation. Starting out with UA or haunt isn't so bad either providing you get the jump.

Shadow Embrace: Think of it more like something that increases haunts DMG bonus for other dots. Five points into that is another 5 percent PER dot. Worth thinking about but one point is good as well if you want to spend points elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by robosol
    Lemme comment on you from doing extensive PVP research here on Affliction. I tried Destruction and it is a very goo spec for the 70 battles, y'know, but I cannot play destruction for the life of me. Just doesn't make sense, so I dedicate all my time to Affliction. I may not be the most seasoned but I have been with warlock since pre-bc so it counts for somethin'? (P.S. I'm also a BGer, most people talk about pvp builds based off of arenas but arenas don't matter as much to me as regular PVP since it has a different, more realistic battle feel to it. At least for me.)

Eradication: This is a nice talent, but not worth the 3 points compared to anything else you can get. Eradication procs every 30 + seconds. Not that great for such a deep talents, if it procs. Of course you'll be dotting everyone up you see with corruption but the thing is it often procs when A) Target(s) are near death and/or B) Dots are already readily applied to everyone. Best case scenario in either is UA/Haunt is 1.2 second cast but it's still not that good. Eradication is no new nightfall. Finish off Supression, it helps more.

Deaths Embrace: Is great, keep in mind your dots will increase in damage even if they are already applied when it takes effect. Which is also why the dot rotation of Corr, CoA, SL, Haunt, UA, Drain Life. Haunt will increase dmg midway through the rotation AND reset corruption with everlasting affliction then reset corruption again. Also haunt later lets you test the area first, finding a safer-ish spot depending on the situation. Starting out with UA or haunt isn't so bad either providing you get the jump.

Shadow Embrace: Think of it more like something that increases haunts DMG bonus for other dots. Five points into that is another 5 percent PER dot. Worth thinking about but one point is good as well if you want to spend points elsewhere
    Thank you so much! This is one great comment!

Thinking of

OR

Quote Originally Posted by admielke

This will be my spec come wotlk providing they don't change anything. Your specs are good you just may need some tuning. One thing to remember is warlocks need a lot of finesse to stand up and stand out in BGs. You need every tool and be able to preemptively time your casts. Dot spamming isn't a bad idea but don't whine if you die a bunch, considering the burst in 70s ptr and whatever the scaling is at 80, good or bad for locks no one can say. The way to stay alive is to use cover, stay in the back lines, never lead the pack, count your dots in your head (like a gunslinger who keeps track of the bullets in his gun. When possible life tap right before haunt comes back to you, if you are at full), and most importantly get your CC right. CC is more important than your damage, so don't be afraid to sacrifice it for damage.

Which leaves me to point out some other things:

Dark Pact is a must at that deep. It's roughly 3ish life taps worth of mana which pretty much saves you 4k health give or take. I use felhunter and he barely ever actually needs mana.

Frailty is actually pretty lame. It was going to be good when they were "considering" making Curse of Weakness something that lowers attack speed but they just kept it it seems so it's useless again. IMO Curse of Agony does better against a melee. It may sound like a good idea to actually use that curse but that -300 ish AP isn't going to help since they have/are going to have AP in the couple thousands.

I like what you did in the demo tree but you have to be willing to make sacrifices from affliction. Though Fel Domination has helped me several moments in my wow career, it is on a 15 minute CD. Still very, very good for arenas. But keep in mind they will still kill your pet twice if they aren't retards.

Also another thing about eradication. Since it procs off of all Corruption ticks, I noticed with my luck I tend to get it to proc when I'm running away to get out of the thick of combat to drink or when it's left on someone who ran away and I'm just standing around guarding the flag. The ten second just isn't long enough to actually DO anything.

Curse of Agony: I like to use it and spec improved CoA for that extra 10%. My specs below can be altered to take out of imp CoA and into suppression. I'm undecided back and forth between what I want.

This is what I plan to use right here for 80:

And this is what I use for 70 BGs:

P.S. I chose undead because I love undead. Undead get the Will of the Forsaken which is great with the sleeping arrow hunters have, other warlocks, warriors, priests, etc. Cannibalize I do get use of in BGs and when grinding. Life tap once or twice and cannibalize to full HP.

Blood Elf is really good now with the ability to arcane torrent and get mana back without having to mana tap anymore.

Orc is now probably one of the worst. Instead of having stun resist 15% it's now 15% reduced duration of stuns. Anything that focuses on stun locking you, i.e. rogue, will pretty much have your health crippled or just completely gone by the time it wears off. You'd pvp trinket out of every stun you want off you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by robosol
    P.S. I chose undead because I love undead. Undead get the Will of the Forsaken which is great with the sleeping arrow hunters have, other warlocks, warriors, priests, etc. Cannibalize I do get use of in BGs and when grinding. Life tap once or twice and cannibalize to full HP.

Blood Elf is really good now with the ability to arcane torrent and get mana back without having to mana tap anymore.

Orc is now probably one of the worst. Instead of having stun resist 15% it's now 15% reduced duration of stuns. Anything that focuses on stun locking you, i.e. rogue, will pretty much have your health crippled or just completely gone by the time it wears off. You'd pvp trinket out of every stun you want off you anyway.
    OK. Well I guess my Blood Elf wasn't the way to go but I do love the silence when a healer starts to heal in an Arena. Also the only fear that is useful is against another Warlock which I'm going to be with a priest (disc or shadow) so Dispel the fear will help.