Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: GhostCrawler(READ THE DAMN POST FIRST)

I trust a Games designer over some tard who can spell any day, They design it not just on the class as a base, but what role they will do in later raids and such, they know what they are going, so stop whining, I don't see anything wrong with holy paladins, just that they don't get the "OMFG INSTA PERMA HEEL" that most holy paladins seem to want, I might even roll a holy paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Ferarro
    Obviously. But if finding a post like that would be your one and only source to believe that there are people in Blizzard that either a.) don't like the class, b.) laugh at us, or c.) don't care/understand us, then you're just adorably naive.
    You really think that a Blizzard developer is going to open up the WoW forums, look at his post, open it then immediately start laughing. I can see it already.

"*opens up Firefox* *click* - WoW Community Forums - "Hm, this seems interesting."

*Wall of Text*

"What the, *laughs out loud* oh my god, this is the funniest thing i have ever seen. *picks up phone*. Hey Ghostcrawler, yeah its Koraa, HEY OH MY GOD look at the Paladin forums, theres some funny sh** going on there. You better check it out."

Yeah i can totally see that happening.

*Sarcasm intended*

While i understand that we are humans, and humans are never saintly. That still doesn't mean a developer will laugh, abuse, mock and lower themselves to the standards of the consumer. Constructive criticism comes a long way, the poster had somewhat of a negative tone yes, and he stated facts and reasons and showed quotes but the tone or the manner in he which he meant it is still there. I don't understand how people can even comprehend the fact that a pixelated character in a game, gets a nerf and all of a sudden the whole world is against them, all of a sudden blizzard is looking down upon them spitting on them and laughing at their endless streams of whining and tears. That is absurd and the most stupidest things i've ever heard. There are a lot of classes out there that still need HEAPS of work on. Because Blizzard hasn't reached Holy yet and done thorough testing doesn't mean they are done with that spec yet. Guys, lighten the hell up.

I agree with Ivresse

Quote Originally Posted by Ivresse
    I seem to recall a story where a messenger came to Stalin and stated that it was believed by Soviet Intelligence that Hitler would break the pact with the USSR and invade. Stalin didn't like the bad news, so he pulled out his pistol and shot the messenger.

Frankly, that's what I consider some of these people who post such purile arrogance and distaste on the forums to be. Messenger shooters. It's about bloody time they got a kick up the arse for their arrogance in believing they know what's right and what isn't, frankly.

I don't really care how well written out it was. As soon as you stated that you were 'Educating Blizzard' like some headmaster educating a 5 year old, you quite rightly deserved your shit to be thrown back at you. If you storm off in a huff, then good riddance. It's not like anyone else cares about you if you get so moody about the mechanics of a frigging video game.
    QFT

Can anyone state in simple terms, what is wrong with holy paladins?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Why is this post targetted at a blizzard mod? :

To Utal:
    What is wrong with holy Paladins you ask? Well, that's relative and subject to debate, obviously. But many people would agree that competitive mana regen and more versatile healing options are the primary calls for concern. Personally I'm a little concerned but I'm not getting worked up over anything until it's released and proven over time to be legitimate.

To Vagastommy:
    As far as I am aware, GhostCrawler is known to be invloved in Paladin class design. Although the topic title is targetted at Blizzard, Ghost has also posted about paladins and other classes, which Fortch quoted to help bolster his argument.

I do agree after some more thought that the post probably was a bit much. I'm mostly fascinated at all this from a sociological point of view. One can guage the incredible amount of time, energy, thought and emotional investment players put into this game by the scale and intensity of many of the discussion threads, especially throughout the development cycle of the expansion.

I really dont care about Paly's. I never played one, cause im warlock deep in my heart.

But lets stick to one simple thing.

GC gets money to do the job, her job is to get Feedback and give Feedback, if Blizzard knew all the things in world they wouldnt need forums and idiots posting around, they would just make all what they want.

But Blizzard wants money and they want to give a feeling to community that they are being heard to get even more money.
    GC gets part of this money, she is on job.

So its simple - You get feedback and you dont see it to be somehow constructive, ignore it.

You get feedback (a constructive one) then post back something constructive (you are being paid for). Posting how deep were your feelings touched by somewhat arrogant player IS stupid. Whateva you say.

Im a player. I pay them money. I pay for their cars, girls, drinks. And some of us even spend time for some constructive posts (based on facts, bless me god i have other things to do), SO I am not on JOB, I dont get paid for number of posts and number of feedback i get, so my post WILL include a bit of my personality (either positive, negative, conflicting and such).

Again if Im GC and I see post I dont like then read above - ignore or give something usefull. Doing stupid replies out of fear of other then saying "OMG SEE HE HAD A POST WITH FACTS AND STUFF AND BLIZZ DONT GIVE !@#$ TO OUR CLASS ANYWAY!!!" is stupid, thats the point.

GLuck

Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    To Utal:
    To Vagastommy:
    As far as I am aware, GhostCrawler is known to be invloved in Paladin class design. Although the topic title is targetted at Blizzard, Ghost has also posted about paladins and other classes, which Fortch quoted to help bolster his argument.

I do agree after some more thought that the post probably was a bit much. I'm mostly fascinated at all this from a sociological point of view. One can guage the incredible amount of time, energy, thought and emotional investment players put into this game by the scale and intensity of many of the discussion threads, especially throughout the development cycle of the expansion.
    But does she read....... here......

Doubtfull... you could spend a whole day reading and marking and occasionally replying to posts on WoW's official forum alone. I wonder where mmo-champion is on Blizz's radar... if they even have people to skim non-Blizz forums for useful data. There too many opinions as it is, I imagine, so I'm sure they can be very choosy where they poll the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    I seriously doubt anyone from Blizzard is reading this or any other forums.

(except obviously their own).
    i seriously doubt they read half the ones on their own forums cause of all the trolls.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi
    I read the first paragraph of that topic:

I would have already banned him and deleted his account.

Well I'm glad you're not anywhere in power. Trigger happy over an upset customer?

Hi, this is a game. But it is a game some people have HEAVILY vested in, it isn't wrong to feel strongly about your character and state of your class.

As far as Blizzard reading these forums....at the company I work for, we often read the "other" sites, we're just not allowed to post as an Employee of Company A. But we do read them, and sometimes post...a Blizzard Employee wouldn't be smart to post here, plus no one would believe it was him/her.

Now. . i have faith in Blizz dont get me wrong, i mean we are playing WoW some of us for numerous years now, yet we bitch, moan, kick and scream. Yet we are still playing. . why is this? Because it still is a fun and enjoyable game. So this is nerfed, that is nerfed, why dont we have this etc, who cares? log in and have fun, thats what any game is about.
    I play a holy paladin, raiding SWP (albeit only up to Brut) I am also on the Beta currently at 72, now as far as my experience tells me, i can heal 5 mans with no problem, i can heal 5 man heroics with no problem, i can heal 10 man raid no problem and i can also heal 25 man raids no problem. I really dont get all these threads posted about paladins being terrible, yeh we may have the worst mana regen, the worst mobility, but you know what? i still enjoy playing paladin.
    End of.

I am no paladin and never played a paladin past lv 53 and then that one was retri.

Ok now when that is over i just wanted to say that I found the post very constructive and very well written and had many good points and showed very well why holy paladins are weaker when it comes to healing. Yes the post had an angry undertone but nothign really serious and hardly even close to what i believe Blizzard hears everyday.
    Gc could have responded to this thread alot better. If she thought the undertone was a bit much then sure by all means she should be able to say that, but don't ignore the issue due to this....

And last I just wanted to say that I agree that Holy palas need a boost to keep up with other healing classes. We run 1 healign pala max in our raids since the rest have gone tanks seing how all the other classes outheals then on every turn. We use the paladin for buffs only and put him on single healing the tank. They could use a bit of diversity in the shape of a hot or aoe heal.

And this is not from (as stated before) a paladin wanting his class to be buffed. I play a Warlock for raids and have 70 warrior and 70 priest and 70 rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    I seriously doubt anyone from Blizzard is reading this or any other forums.

(except obviously their own).
    You are very naive. Blizzard is reading this forums as well as most of the popular WoW related sites. They have even responded to posts on Elitist Jerks forum.
    There are many community helpers which give Blizzard feedback about what's going on in the community. Much more than we think.
    Even I could be one of them.

Play some other class if it's broken. Blizzard isn't fucking up their own game, that would be plain stupid. They invented WoW, and they try to balance it out, takes time, have some patience. An offensive Post won't get you anywhere, and GC is one, if not the, best at the moment. GC has talked a lot to the community, and this will not get you anywhere.

Why even post here..? Blizzard doesn't read this, so the only purpose for you to post here is to say: "See, i made a post, agree with me, i'm right, Blizzard is fucked". Which is wrong. Just wrong. Won't get you anywhere, Blizzard is making this game the way they want, and i'm sure they don't want the game fucked up, so it'll be changed in due time.

Just because you seem to think your class sucks, it doesn't suck, they're the professionals, not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriell
    If you "enjoy" only spamming a maximum of "2" heals "ever"on live as a holy paladin, you are a rare breed, and someone like you is probably making up all of these Holy paladins talents/spells for Tbc and Wotlk. Dont mean to sound rude but, Holy is very broken, and even more boring to play, I guess most people who play Holy don't care sooo whatever, ill just keep playing the ret and you have fun with Holy.

P.S. Hope you enjoy your new (3rd) healing spell in Wotlk its called Holy Shock lol! I hear you can actually use it in PVE lol!
    Thats the thing, if its in the build deal with it, its not broken . . its a chellenge
    im sure we would all like to be the top OP class but that isnt the case, and again who cares? if you want a challenge play a holy paladin (i even lvled to 70 as holy. . never again ^^)
    but i also enjoy the freedom of going ret and prot.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrera
    You are very naive. Blizzard is reading this forums as well as most of the popular WoW related sites. They have even responded to posts on Elitist Jerks forum.
    There are many community helpers which give Blizzard feedback about what's going on in the community. Much more than we think.
    Even I could be one of them.
    BIG Braza is watching you, mon ;D

still, where is our mobility and flexibility to heal?

i dont want to reroll some other class to be able to heal good
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous