Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hammer of the righteous animation

i want a new animation. Right now it looks liek avengers shield just instant and 3 shields instad of 1. It's a hammer spell not a freeking shield. I say change it to like white hammers smacking down in the same motion that devistate comes down, in an arcing motion. That would be cool, or at least some type of hammer animation, no more shiled's flying out i get enough of that allready.

So comments idea's animations and other cool idea's for the animation since warriors got a cool one and DS looks pretty sweet.

Re: Hammer of the righteous

holy crap i didn;t know that it sheathed your shield, damn well gg blizz for doing that, it should be a melee atack with just holy dmg like i thought it was. on top of the fact that it's dmg shouldn;t be reduced by fucking anti magic crap from DK's, so yea make it a 1 hand melee attack. And a new animation.

Re: Hammer of the righteous animation

ok so si was really wrong and this threat can end here if you guys want or you can still coment on my stupidity and what i found out.

HotR does have a new animation really hard to see since it's melee only and a short range but i did get a pic of it and put it up on photobucket.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...sanimation.jpg
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...animation2.jpg

there you guys go checl it out make fun of me, and then tell me if you like the animation or not.  i kinda do oragne hammer flying out and smacking people in the face looks pretty sweet.

it all happens so fast and short range it doesn't really matter... i felt that it looked and sounded like "Exorcism" more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai
    I wouldn't care if it was the little globby thing and the 1h special.

all i really care about is that it's a spellcast, your shield gets sheathed, and thus you're unable to block for the time it's in that state. doubly bad with the fact that the block missed would have dropped like triple the TBC value of damage.
    Block has not worked this way for a very long time. Mount up and go stand in front of some low level mob, as you can see you can still block its attacks.

EDIT: I haven't played on the PTR for a while so I would appreciate confirmation of this, but if I remember correctly the animations for judgement and consecration no longer put away your weapon and shield, and neither does HotR, in which case this doesn't matter anyway.

Any chance on confirmation of this shield being sheathed issue? I always thought it was just spells with casting times that eliminated chance to block while casting.

As far as I'm aware it doesn't effect you defensively at all, as long as its instant it shouldn't effect you, its just an animation

I would agree it could do with a new animation or just have it changed to the same as hammer of wrath

>:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lexan
    i want a new animation. Right now it looks liek avengers shield just instant and 3 shields instad of 1. It's a hammer spell not a freeking shield. I say change it to like white hammers smacking down in the same motion that devistate comes down, in an arcing motion. That would be cool, or at least some type of hammer animation, no more shiled's flying out i get enough of that allready.

So comments idea's animations and other cool idea's for the animation since warriors got a cool one and DS looks pretty sweet.
    Please. Keep the obnoxious sound. I want Rogues to be unable to hear other Rogues ganking them while the glorious sound of my wrecking ball....er....Hammer rings in their ears!

Vote YES for Hammer of the Righteous' awesome Sound!

I love the noise. I would press the button just for that noise
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Make the hammer bigger IMO. I want a massive hammer smacking people around!!! ;D

I would prefer it if the hammer animation was somewhat similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex29l7Sj62Y

Watch the whole video before you comment, it is only 92 seconds long.

The sound is abit cartoonish, when i first heard it Tom & Jerry flashed trough my head later i kinda liked it, but just tanked a few instances yet.

Would be great to have the char animation with it tho.

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    I would prefer it if the hammer animation was somewhat similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex29l7Sj62Y

OMFG I LOVE IT!!! Blizzard give us this now and I will love you long time! That is amazing! lol.

I want this animation, I have since I heard what the spell did.

When you click the spell I want my paladin, to bring back his weapon over his head and as he swings it forward a giant gold translucent mace comes out and he slams it into the ground and you see a small consecrate go off, but instead of the clouds going out they go up more, from the air movement creating a vacuum. And the sound effect is just a sword unsheath "Ssshhiing" followed by a boom of course "BOOM" and the boom is a really bassy boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoan
    I want this animation, I have since I heard what the spell did.

When you click the spell I want my paladin, to bring back his weapon over his head and as he swings it forward a giant gold translucent mace comes out and he slams it into the ground and you see a small consecrate go off, but instead of the clouds going out they go up more, from the air movement creating a vacuum. And the sound effect is just a sword unsheath "Ssshhiing" followed by a boom of course "BOOM" and the boom is a really bassy boom.
    This sounds pretty epic, but HAMMER of the righteous having the sound of a sword being unsheathed just doesn't sound right.

It should have the animation of the most epic hammer out there, the banhammer.

i figured it would be like the Judgement hammer falling on 3 separate targets but oh well.

holy crap i didn;t know that it sheathed your shield, damn well gg blizz for doing that, it should be a melee atack with just holy dmg like i thought it was. on top of the fact that it's dmg shouldn;t be reduced by fucking anti magic crap from DK's, so yea make it a 1 hand melee attack. And a new animation.
    Lol don't listen to this nub that was fixed years ago.

I know what it should be!

Like the paladin does like a a strike down with his hammer on one appoent, and it does like a flash of light around him and 3 more hammers fall like judgements but they strike st angles all over the place!

it would be cool

thet might redo it
    they prolyl will
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira

yes god yes

that

but maybe make it a bit more sonic boomy
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

they aren't talking about the person's motion... but the visual effect of the skill.