Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Crusader strike's 2ndary effect idea

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai
    Crusader Strike:
    An instant weapon attack that deals 110% of weapon damage, and causes your present positive Judgement effect to affect all allies within 25 yards.

translated: if i hit CS, and i have either JoL or JoW up, it will give the proc to everyone in raid in 25 yards, regardless of whether it was on internal CD for me.

savvy?
    It's a good idea... but we already do a decent amount of healing and our main role def isn't healing. A resilience reduction or interupt would be much more in line with what we need.
    Dwarves are BURLY!

idea: chance on hit on CS to proc a buff whereby all attacks are parried for the next few seconds or few charges.
    also, i saw one which was CS putting a debuff on the target whereby 25% of any heal granted to it is redirected to the paladin (75% to original target)

BUT the most important thing is for blizz to actually do SOMETHING ... ANYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai
    Crusader Strike
    An Instant attack that deals 110% of weapon damage, and calls down a disco ball for you to dance to. while the disco ball is present, your gear looks 450% gayer, and you deal 300% reduced damage to all targets.
    Throw in "It's Rainin' Men" by the Weather Girls and you've got yourself a sale, sailor.

One thing I saw suggested so far was place an interupt on it, and that simply wont happen. All interupts are doing zero damage in WotLK and will be off the global cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    OMG why doesn't ret have all the unique talents in the game it's just not fair, lets make all classes the same

/sarcasm
    If you haven't noticed many classes are becoming more alike and Blizzard is trying to address weaknesses with each class. You obviously don't play a Ret paladin or you'd understand that if burst damage is reduced (which everyone is crying for) then we'll be in the same boat we were in BC. People are simply trying to come up with an idea to address some of our weaknesses.
    Dwarves are BURLY!

Yes, because obviously everyone posted that we want MS...

Only one post stated anything like MS, and it was mostly disregarded. You are just showing blatant favoritisim to your own class. It was Blizzard that gave us Whirlwind, Shield Slam, and Swipe, so if you want to complain about "class uniqueness" take it to them.

Just went through a MH/BT run on ptr server last evening after the new build release0014, and was stille at the end of most boss fights top5 on the dps meter, and still had like 60-70% mana left, our damage havn't realy been nerf'ed yet in pve, but we might c some changes in pvp/arena, cos we kinda own in the smaller bg's and in arena but pve damage is fine tbh. fully buffed with all + ATP and crit i get over 2800 atp and just around 40% crit, i got seal of command glyph and judgement.... and it works great, we dont realy need the refresh effect back on CS. not realy nessasery.

No I get it, Rets (like usual) whine about everything - especially that they aren't holy arms warriors.
    Hmm last time I checked Ret is supposed to be a holy warrior... weird. Oh, and the last time I checked arms warriors are one of the top represented classes in high rated arena. Nobody said we wanted MS. However our lack of representation in arena is a pretty telling sign that we need some sort of PVP utility equal to the power of MS. Reducing healing doesn't sound like a very paladin thing to do though, does it?
    Dwarves are BURLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Anjun
    Just went through a MH/BT run on ptr server last evening after the new build release0014, and was stille at the end of most boss fights top5 on the dps meter, and still had like 60-70% mana left, our damage havn't realy been nerf'ed yet in pve, but we might c some changes in pvp/arena, cos we kinda own in the smaller bg's and in arena but pve damage is fine tbh. fully buffed with all + ATP and crit i get over 2800 atp and just around 40% crit, i got seal of command glyph and judgement.... and it works great, we dont realy need the refresh effect back on CS. not realy nessasery.
    I'm usually top 5 on DPS in live so that doesn't mean a whole lot. You really have to look at who you are raiding with and how skilled they are. Since you probably haven't raided with any of the people on the PTR before... it might not be a great measurement tool.
    Dwarves are BURLY!

well, havnt raidet with me paladin as retri, cos i wasnt allowed too be retri if i wanted to raid, so i rerolled rogue, and played pve since that, so my pala is only equiped with some craftable items and some merciless gear, and the other were T5/6 MH BT none set items, so its pretty okay for me pala to be top 5 i think :P and they knew what they were doing, so matter of fact that if they had skillz enaugh, is not a question

well, havnt raidet with me paladin as retri, cos i wasnt allowed too be retri if i wanted to raid, so i rerolled rogue, and played pve since that, so my pala is only equiped with some craftable items and some merciless gear, and the other were T5/6 MH BT none set items, so its pretty okay for me pala to be top 5 i think :P and they knew what they were doing, so matter of fact that if they had skillz enaugh, is not a question
    Fair enough. Sounds like you were doing well for your gear level then.
    Dwarves are BURLY!

were just trying to calculate a bit here ..... but stumbled

Gives the Paladin a chance to deal [ 56% of mw ] to [ 56% of MW ] additional Holy damage. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time. Lasts 2 min.
    Unleashing this Seal's energy will judge an enemy, instantly causing [ 20% of AP + 32% of Spell Power + 30% of mw ] to [ 20% of AP + 32% of Spell Power + 30% of MW ] Holy damage. This attack will always be a critical strike if the target is stunned or incapacitated.

wtf is MW/mw ?

were just trying to calculate a bit here ..... but stumbled

Gives the Paladin a chance to deal [ 56% of mw ] to [ 56% of MW ] additional Holy damage. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time. Lasts 2 min.
    Unleashing this Seal's energy will judge an enemy, instantly causing [ 20% of AP + 32% of Spell Power + 30% of mw ] to [ 20% of AP + 32% of Spell Power + 30% of MW ] Holy damage. This attack will always be a critical strike if the target is stunned or incapacitated.

wtf is MW/mw ?
    MW = melee weapon high end
    mw = melee weapon low end

We've totally lost the point of this thread!!
    Dwarves are BURLY!

Khody

0.0 Megan fox yes please.

Actually several people did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice
    idea: chance on hit on CS to proc a buff whereby all attacks are parried for the next few seconds or few charges.
    also, i saw one which was CS putting a debuff on the target whereby 25% of any heal granted to it is redirected to the paladin (75% to original target)

BUT the most important thing is for blizz to actually do SOMETHING ... ANYTHING
    This is the only post suggesting anything like MS. Leveling a character to 70 doesn't mean you know anything about it.

There are 3 classes with MS, and I still don't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudfoot
    MW = melee weapon high end
    mw = melee weapon low end

We've totally lost the point of this thread!!
    just wondered :P ill stick to the subject

"Due to a string of nerfs and class imbalances, Blizzard has managed to make players of the most defensive class in WoW to become the most defensive players in WoW." Pretty much sums it up. lol

Everything posted in this thread has generaly been a very modest proposal, or a flat out joke. (See disco ball.) So saying that most Rets baww about everything just shows you hate the spec, not this thread.

I know the knee jerk excuse rets always use that they have always been neglected since release and what not, that doesn't make it true it just reflects on the whiny nature of many rets.

But I don't whish to argue over this.
    There's really nothing to argue over. It's a fact.
    Dwarves are BURLY!

In my opinion blizz shloud add this effect:

Gives your crusader strike a chance on critical effect to kick your enemys ass for 1000 asskickdmg.

Okay, now seriously...

Gives your crusader strike a chance on critical effect to increase your atackpower by 10% for 12 sec (stacks up to 3 times).