Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Divine Guardian usefull for Tanking?

To go prot you need 1point to put in places I think are pretty useless so you can get farther in the tiers.... Divine Guardian was one i was thinking of because imo it may be situational, but what are your opinions for it?
    maybe imp devo but who uses that anymore lol
    i lol'd

Re: Divine Guardian usefull for Tanking?

I don't really know about it. Maybe using it as a off tank since DS is the shield that causes you to lose the target's attention (not lose threat). If you use it as an off tank, maybe its to help out the MT if he/she's taking too much damage. Again, I'm not 100% sure about it but that's what I think it could be used for.

Maybe not if you were main tanking the boss. However, if there are multiple bosses to contend with in your fight, and the boss you're tanking is taken down quickly, Divine guardian would help the rest of the tanks and healers, especially if there's lots of AoE damage.

For example, M'uru. There are four tanks, the sentinel, the two side add tanks (bloodelves) and the spawn tank, which generally is you, the pally tank. M'uru is taken down and Entropius spawns. Once the rest of the spawns are dealt with, you can join the DPS with hitting Entropius, then after about 30 or 40 seconds have passed, you use Divine Shield. The entire raid's damage is then reduced significantly to still be healable, which means that they can last longer than before to provide the DPS to take the boss down. It also provides 30% mitigation to the druid tank for 12 seconds from Entropius's melee attacks.

(this of course would be the case if they didn't nerf sunwell boss HP down post patch, but you get the point of the example).

Cool, I guess i was sort of right

It all depends on the situation you are in, personally I will not be taking it as one of my talents.

The build I plan to use at 80 is the following: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZ0xVA0uGteIRhoEb

Now that I think about it, it could be a pretty useful "reverse taunt" to the OT or MT. Think of it like an instant threat-independant misdirect. The Bear from ZA comes to mind, say you get the bleed debuff and the other guy is just under you on Threat but his taunt gets resisted, BOOM pop shield you lose your aggro and he takes a little less damage for a bit, that is unless of course it still has the 100% swing speed penalty, then it would be dumb cause your TPS would suffer.

@ kare why would you waste talents on devo aura since ret aura now scales from spell damage? That is a huge amount of threat for me on the ptr and they buffed the damage return on it too... stack that with taking 30% of the raid damage to one place where the healers are already focused and the fact you no longer are immune and do not lose threat (see that part Stoan) you have your self a serious damage absorbing shield for the whole raid for 20 sec... wonder if they stack.

thinking at 80 http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...14251533312321

have found the 2 sec does not gain all that much threat on the ptr and reducing any mobs damage to you by another 20% is pretty sick... since we do not have thunderclap it would also be nice to see hammer of the righteous proc judgements of the just as it does proc the seal.

If you didnt have time to do it right the first time, where are you going to find time to do it a second?

As I was asked the same thing in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kare
    If I remember correctly reading not to long ago that Dev aura was going to be the new thing in WOTLK, but I may be wrong about that. If its not though I will probably keep it and just have a Ret Paladin slave follow me around all the time with Improved Ret Aura, so I can have both! ;D Actually one of my officers in my guild is a Ret Paladin and he is going to be doing 10 mans with me all the time so like I said, it will work out. ;D

Awwwww. I want a paladin slave.

Quote Originally Posted by Xephan
    Awwwww. I want a paladin slave.
    Chains, Whips, Handcuffs, and Leashes. *Puts a collar on Xephan and attaches a leash to it*

You can be a slave, how about that? Isn't that what Alliance are for? <3

i made a post about this along with a suggestion of moving divine guardian to the holy tree. it seems like divine guardian completely negates the rest of our talent tree.

Chains, Whips, Handcuffs, and Leashes. *Puts a collar on Xephan and attaches a leash to it*

You can be a slave, how about that? Isn't that what Alliance are for? <3
    Kinky.

I should have known that a Prot pally would be into that sort of thing. Gives a whole new meaning to "Tank and Spank."

Kinky.

I should have known that a Prot pally would be into that sort of thing. Gives a whole new meaning to "Tank and Spank."
    You have no idea... And a (M) Blood Elf Prot Paladin no less. Rawr!

You have no idea... And a (M) Blood Elf Prot Paladin no less. Rawr!
    I was unaware that Blood Elves were given genders.

All this time I just thought they were given the option to choose between two different sets of hairstyles.

Side note, Barbershop. I now know where my respeccing money will be wasted.

I was unaware that Blood Elves were given genders.

All this time I just thought they were given the option to choose between two different sets of hairstyles.

Side note, Barbershop. I now know where my respeccing money will be wasted.
    Gay guys are not the same as girls Xeph, cause if they were then guys would be open to dating them now wouldn't they. Anyways. *Grabs Xeph's lease and drags him along.* Damn this has gotten WAY off-topic. LOL

@EbGbZ First off, Imp Devo Aura now increases healing by 2/4/6% to anyone affected, and is thus, quite useful. Not to mention the fact that you're more than likely to have another paladin with another blessing in a raid group. Second, why in the world are you only taking 4/5 Reckoning, if any at all. The only point to get Reck now is to go 5/5 since it will proc off blocks. I'm not sure how that will work live, but I don't use Reck now, and probably won't use it in Wrath. Those points could be better spent elsewhere - Imp Devo Aura, Imp Judgements, Imp HoJ (since it now serves as an interrupt). Now as for Divine Guardian - it seems way too situational to me to justify picking up. If you're main tanking, it doesn't seem like you would, or should, ever use this. As an OT, it's still seems situational for instances where bubbling is the easy way out or if you're told to bubble. For example, bubbling on Rage's ice block, bubbling out of Solarian's bomb debuff, etc. Still, if the entire raid isn't taking that much damage, it's a little bit of a waste for mitigation. On the flip side, you could pop your bubble right before the raid is set to take massive damage, which could be good or bad depending on your stamina, incoming heals, etc. Again, too situational. But, as you can tell, I'm very speculative of the talent since I haven't gotten to test it. If it works great come Wrath, I'll definitely pick it up. But, for now, I remain unconvinced.

Because you no longer lose your threat when you use the bubble.

You do, however, suffer the 100% weapon swing penalty, that could cause a little bit of "mischief"; I would think you would just judge Seal of Righteousness or Consecration for the added threat boost (if needed during the bubble period).

But you still lose aggro if I'm not mistaken. So, unless the next tank is second on the list, the nuke happy mage is about to get one-shotted. Also, you shouldn't have any swing penalty if you're taking Sacred Duty, which every Tankadin must. It's just going to be an interesting talent to manage if it proves to be useful.

If your threat is -NOT- reduced, how do you lose aggro from using it?

I'd like to see it tested more thoroughly, but I'm pretty sure that it does nothing more than reduce damage taken by party/raid members by 30% and 100% damage from you for the duration of the effect.

It is better used by Holy and Ret Paladins, or for Prot paladins that might be now off-healing (for whatever reason) during an encounter.

If you're in a group or raid situation and you bubble, the mob(s) won't attack you. So, not "aggro" in the real sense of the word, but the mob will ignore you if you're bubbled.