The Blessing of Sanctuary problem

Hi all, I write my first post here to hear if I'm the only one that think that in the paladin protection tree there's a talent which create a serious inter-classes balance issue: Blessing of Sanctuary. I'll ty to explain:

Now that BoSanc has become such a good many people have posed the problem that this blessing risk to make the tankadins offtankers buffers in 25-raids. The problem is if Blizzard will consider it when calibrating the paladin mitigation in comparison with the other 3 tank classes. In both case this would make someone unhappy.

My opinion is that Blessing of Sanctuary should be a Holy talent (somewhat deep in the tree) and it should be replaced in the protection tree with a static mitigation talent (to compensate the fact you wouldn't have it if there isn't an holy pala in the group) and blessing that has the mana part of BoSanc.

I'm the only one that suspect that the presence of this talent in the protection could damage us in MT selection for 25-raids?

Re: The Blessing of Sanctuary problem

The new sanc is great, and will certainly see a lot more use than the current version. I have to agree that I would much rather have a passive version instead. Perhaps its selfish, but Sanc doesn't help us close the mitigation gap with warriors when you can give them the same 3%. I would never hesitate to give a fellow tank said buff, but I would much rather have it be a passive self-only effect.

As for putting it in the Holy tree, I disagree. It belongs in protection. Maybe just rename it "Sanctified Shield" or something x_x

Old BoSanct
    Mitigation: Ridiculous
    Threat: Deals dmg every time u block. We want every tiny bit of threat it's possible for us tu get so if it's some more threat it's worth it even if it's only a bit.

New BoSact
    Mitigation: Crap
    Threat: It gives you mana everytine you block, parry or dodge (and rage and DK stuffs). So more mana = more threat.
    This is awesome! You can't have much dodge now because you need to take some damage so you can have some mana back through healing. With the new BoSanc you can wear loads of avoidance gear and still generate trucks of threat!
    It's also awesome because I can use it on a Warrior, Druid or TK and they'll have the same effect.

If you have tanked SWP you know that you need all damage mitigation you can possibly have and all the threat you can possibly generate because your DPS will be wearing uber gear and you will be at some DPS fights so you want them to do theyr best and your healers will be stressed enough so this one helps your raid a lot. It would be nice if it was moved to the place Kings is now so Holy Paladins can spend about 11 points in the protection tree and get it easily witouth losing much at the Holy Tree.

To be crystal clear: I love the new BoSanc. I only talk about inter-classes balance.
    The balancing problem I speak of is that is impossible to balance tank classes in a raid if your presence make the other tanks better than you. And if the BoSanc buff instead take them to your level this would mean that they were worst without, which is wrong too.
    This is why I suggested that BoSanc should be replaced with a self-only buff or talent.
    The other solutions would be to make all the other 3 tank classes give the tankadin a buff equiparable in power or make the mitigation of the BoSanc don't stack with theirs.

BOSanc is awesome but it's not mandatory.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tores
    Hi all, I write my first post here to hear if I'm the only one that think that in the paladin protection tree there's a talent which create a serious inter-classes balance issue: Blessing of Sanctuary. I'll ty to explain:

Now that BoSanc has become such a good many people have posed the problem that this blessing risk to make the tankadins offtankers buffers in 25-raids. The problem is if Blizzard will consider it when calibrating the paladin mitigation in comparison with the other 3 tank classes. In both case this would make someone unhappy.

My opinion is that Blessing of Sanctuary should be a Holy talent (somewhat deep in the tree) and it should be replaced in the protection tree with a static mitigation talent (to compensate the fact you wouldn't have it if there isn't an holy pala in the group) and blessing that has the mana part of BoSanc.

I'm the only one that suspect that the presence of this talent in the protection could damage us in MT selection for 25-raids?
    What irks me about Blessing of Sanctuary is that it feels like it gives more of a benift to Druid, Warrior, and Death Knight tanks rather then the Paladin. All three of these classes get more resource back from Blessing of Sanctuary (10% of Rage to Druids and Warriors, 20% of Runic Power to Death Knights, 2% of Mana to Paladins) and while I'm not sure if Death Knights have anything like this, Druids and Warriors already have a Sanctuary Effect baked into a talent. Paladins don't. So not only do we get a lesser effect from our own Blessing, but we only get this effect from Blessing of Sanctuary while Druids and Warriors have it built into their trees in addition to Sanctuary. That's annoying.

Also, traditionally a Paladin can't preform in a role he or she is not speced for primarily because we go Oom. It's true. Ret gains mana from DPSing. Prot gains mana from Tanking. Holy gains refunds from Healing. So if you mix and match the trees to different roles, they're not going to be effective at what they're doing because of a lack of Mana Tanks (this is not true for Ret Paladins who are DPSing, since Judgment can also be used to cause threat. Yay Ret Paladins > ).

I don't see us getting into a "Buffer" situation, as a Discipline Priest can provide the 3% Mitigation and Warriors and Druids have the Regen effect built in. But hey, min maxers have done worse, right?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

However, while we are numerically smaller, because ours is a percentage it has the potential to be quite a bit of mana. With the more buffs one has.