Poll: Is this a good idea?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Social Experiment

So heres the deal.

Other classes hate us, some classes are jealous of us, and everyone is tired of our consistent barrage of pally tears on qq-champ.com.

So heres what im proposing. No new "OMFG I CANT BELIEVE IM GETTING BUM F'd AGAIN@@@!!!" threads.

How about framing every one of our posts constructively. No conspiracy theories, no kalgan am hate me, no were in the shitters. Just frame the post in this context.

Step one: The butter up

Step one will go something like "Im really appreciative of x change for paladins because it highlights y feature" . This serves a dual purpose in both forcing you to be positive and setting up your readers to think "hey its not just another pally qq".

Step two: The reason behind your suggestion/debate

Step two helps you frame a logical basis for you suggestion or your debate, while also forcing you to better understand what it is your asking/suggesting.

Step three: Explain your thoughts, and why.

Step three helps people understand your point of view, and why you feel that way. THIS PORTION MUST BE WITHOUT CAPS OR INFLAMITORY REMARKS.

Step four: draw your conclusion

Step five: ask for input.

Step five is about opening yourself up to a perspective that you yourself may not have. It is supposed to broaden YOUR point of view, not meant to enlighten others. This means you should be reading every response with "What can I learn from this" in mind.

-----

Call me crazy but this just might change other players mindset about pally's.

Othewise we can just petition for the official name and domain change to qq-champion.com.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Re: Social Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    Call me crazy
    You're crazy

Wow this is cool the cake and cookie eaters are tied with the STFU paladin crowd.

Yes this is just a shameless bump but c'mon who woudlnt like less qq pala threads?
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Can we do this in the enhance department too?

Lol I missed that first time around

The cake can't win. The cake is a lie!
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

Personally I think this is a good idea, but for most people it's easier to flame an idea, despite how good it is, then to encourage an idea, and if by chance it fails, to lose face infront of other people.

WTF... this can't be... why are the cookies winning? I mean seriously.. cake is so much better then cookies!

Personally I am extremely excited to play post 3.0 and post wrath. All pally changes have been excellent and just they could add something like demo shout or thunder clap to pallies as for the purpose of true equalization, we have judgements of the just but thats single target only and no word on if HoJ procs it on off targets. Aside from that I also think they finally did what was need to the seals/judgements for us. Have not tried holy as of yet but they seem to be working hard at it. We have come a long way from pre BC since we were primarily cleanse bots then until after BWL.

If you didnt have time to do it right the first time, where are you going to find time to do it a second?

Don't think this is just paladins. Sure pallies my whine more than their share (and your share and my share). I think everyone needs to calm down and have a cookie.

[x] Its only a game.

So heres the deal.
    Step 1: Don't get your panties in a knot over what other people in the same class think.

Step 2: Don't read posts with a tone, topic or suggestion that irritates you. If you disagree, state it calmly and move on.

Step 3: Don't be a melodramatic tool and try to grab the soapbox from the people throwing the original tantrum just so you can throw a bigger tantrum about their tantrum.

Step 4: Don't be a sanctimonious jackass and berate people for getting frustrated. You don't get to dictate terms of play to them and if they want to be emotionally invested and fervent about their opinions, it's their right.

Step 5: Don't be an even bigger narcissistic jackass and assume you can correct the behavior of other players through the interwebz. This one has to be the longest running failboat ever, so don't even go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarcob
    Step 1: Don't get your panties in a knot over what other people in the same class think.

Step 2: Don't read posts with a tone, topic or suggestion that irritates you. If you disagree, state it calmly and move on.

Step 3: Don't be a melodramatic tool and try to grab the soapbox from the people throwing the original tantrum just so you can throw a bigger tantrum about their tantrum.

Step 4: Don't be a sanctimonious jackass and berate people for getting frustrated. You don't get to dictate terms of play to them and if they want to be emotionally invested and fervent about their opinions, it's their right.

Step 5: Don't be an even bigger narcissistic jackass and assume you can correct the behavior of other players through the interwebz. This one has to be the longest running failboat ever, so don't even go there.
    You REALLY need to eat some cake.

Quote Originally Posted by EbGbZ
    All pally changes have been excellent and just they could add something like demo shout or thunder clap to pallies as for the purpose of true equalization, we have judgements of the just but thats single target only and no word on if HoJ procs it on off targets. Aside from that I also think they finally did what was need to the seals/judgements for us.
    Wait, are you asking for something that gives you AoE threat in addition to concecrate? Or are you asking for a buff to concecrate?

Hot fresh, oven baked cookies > cake all the time. There is no discussion necessary. Pillsbury choco chips ooegy and gooey outta the oven, with a nice fresh glass of milk.

Its like paying for prostitutes, but it only costs ya like $2.49 for the best orgasm of your life
    I play the class in WotLK that is the worst spec class, that got nerfed, while all the other spec's got buffed. Which class is that? All of them of course...if you believe forum posts

Cookies needed some representation.

Mmmmm cookies.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm not a pally. I have no issue with pallies. I DO have issues with people crying like toddlers all the time. Act like adults. People may respect you more.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

The word “quantum” came from the Latin word which means "how great" or "how much." In quantum mechanics, it refers to a discrete unit that quantum theory assigns to certain physical quantities, such as the energy of an atom at rest (see Figure 1, at right). The discovery that waves have discrete energy packets (called quanta) that behave in a manner similar to particles led to the branch of physics that deals with atomic and subatomic systems which we today call quantum mechanics. It is the underlying mathematical framework of many fields of physics and chemistry, including condensed matter physics, solid-state physics, atomic physics, molecular physics, computational chemistry, quantum chemistry, particle physics, and nuclear physics. The foundations of quantum mechanics were established during the first half of the twentieth century by Werner Heisenberg, Max Planck, Louis de Broglie, Albert Einstein, Niels Bohr, Erwin Schrödinger, Max Born, John von Neumann, Paul Dirac, Wolfgang Pauli and others. Some fundamental aspects of the theory are still actively studied.

Quantum mechanics is essential to understand the behavior of systems at atomic length scales and smaller. For example, if classical mechanics governed the workings of an atom, electrons would rapidly travel towards and collide with the nucleus, making stable atoms impossible. However, in the natural world the electrons normally remain in an unknown orbital path around the nucleus, defying classical electromagnetism.

Quantum mechanics was initially developed to provide a better explanation of the atom, especially the spectra of light emitted by different atomic species. The quantum theory of the atom was developed as an explanation for the electron's staying in its orbital, which could not be explained by Newton's laws of motion and by Maxwell's laws of classical electromagnetism.

In the formalism of quantum mechanics, the state of a system at a given time is described by a complex wave function (sometimes referred to as orbitals in the case of atomic electrons), and more generally, elements of a complex vector space. This abstract mathematical object allows for the calculation of probabilities of outcomes of concrete experiments. For example, it allows one to compute the probability of finding an electron in a particular region around the nucleus at a particular time. Contrary to classical mechanics, one can never make simultaneous predictions of conjugate variables, such as position and momentum, with arbitrary accuracy. For instance, electrons may be considered to be located somewhere within a region of space, but with their exact positions being unknown. Contours of constant probability, often referred to as “clouds” may be drawn around the nucleus of an atom to conceptualize where the electron might be located with the most probability. Heisenberg's uncertainty principle quantifies the inability to precisely locate the particle.

The other exemplar that led to quantum mechanics was the study of electromagnetic waves such as light. When it was found in 1900 by Max Planck that the energy of waves could be described as consisting of small packets or quanta, Albert Einstein exploited this idea to show that an electromagnetic wave such as light could be described by a particle called the photon with a discrete energy dependent on its frequency. This led to a theory of unity between subatomic particles and electromagnetic waves called wave–particle duality in which particles and waves were neither one nor the other, but had certain properties of both. While quantum mechanics describes the world of the very small, it also is needed to explain certain “macroscopic quantum systems” such as superconductors and superfluids.
    stupid thread so you might as well learn something about Quantum mechanics lol

^^ Did you somehow mistake this thread for your homework? Seem like you wrote part a paper and posted it here.. Either way I hope you voted, cause the cake eaters need some support.

^^ Did you somehow mistake this thread for your homework? Seem like you wrote part a paper and posted it here.. Either way I hope you voted, cause the cake eaters need some support.
    It looks like an attempt to derail your post with sub atomic particle theory.

BTW, cookies need more love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.