A change i think would greatly affect holy paladins and (possibly) stop the QQ

I have been reading over the paladin forum for the past few months in anticipation for the expansion, and for the most part it seems that the Holy spec is the only one that really needs work.

After reviewing the talents, there is one suggestion that i think would alleviate one the Holy Paladin's main issues - group healing.

What i suggest is the movement of the talent "Divine Guardian" from the prot tree to the holy tree. This is a tier 4 prot talent that redirects 30% of the damage taken by all party or raid members within 30 yards of the paladin to the paladin himself while Divine Shield is active. In other words...you completely negate 30% of the damage done to raid members because it is redirected to you and you are immune.

Moving this talent to the holy tree makes sense because it could act as a proactive raid heal. Rather than spamming FoL on as many targets as you can before your MT bites it, you could use divine shield to make your raid take less damage when you see that boss begin to cast a massive AoE.

Furthermore...why is this talent in the prot tree anyway. As a prot pally, i NEVER use divine shield except for the times i am forced to heal a warrior tank on a boss fight. Blizzard has said that they want paladins to be somewhat equal to other classes when it comes to being the MT, so why give us this talent that is completely useless if we are the MT? Obviously we cannot use this talent on a boss fight...as it tends to completely wipe our threat.

That is just a suggestion and needs work since Divine Shield has such a long cooldown, possibly a chance for HL crits to reduce cooldown would be nice (and not OP in pvp since holy paladins rarely use HL in arena).

This is my first post but i figured i should add ideas rather than idly watch holy paladins become useless.

Re: A change i think would greatly affect holy paladins and (possibly) stop the QQ

While I agree it'd be a nice change to the otherwise lackluster deep holy tree.. I doubt it'd stop the QQ. Holy pallies want better HEALING talents in deep holy.

Re: A change i think would greatly affect holy paladins and (possibly) stop the QQ

i know that all holy pallies want a new spell or at least a change that allows us to heal more than 2 people (beacon of light) but i just dont think that it will happen

its true that divine guardian would not make us look any better on the healing meters...but a penny saved is a penny earned, and negating 30% of the damage done to your raid is the same as healing 30% of the damage

Divine Guardian is in prot for the generic 51/20 pvp healing spec. Most of the talents in the beginning of prot don't necessarily have to do with tanking, but act as a side-tree for a holy or ret pvp build.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&n=Crispybacon

15+ Year Old Account

Re: A change i think would greatly affect holy paladins and (possibly) stop the

Quote Originally Posted by mcpain
    i know that all holy pallies want a new spell or at least a change that allows us to heal more than 2 people (beacon of light) but i just dont think that it will happen

its true that divine guardian would not make us look any better on the healing meters...but a penny saved is a penny earned, and negating 30% of the damage done to your raid is the same as healing 30% of the damage
    And while you are using your bubble to absorb damage on a boss fight it still wont negate the fact that you have no way to heal more than 2 people unless they are standing within 5 yards of each other (HL glyph). Not to mention you invoke the 5min CD and render it useless if you need it yourself due to whatever AOE damage is still going on after those 12 seconds.

DS is a OhCrap button for holy paladin in PVE and PVP for self preservation. That is why there is a long CD on it.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Bump the return on Illumination (100%, maybe 80%) and I wouldn't care what else they do.