Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Gj blizzard breaking enh tree

The problem is Funky, that most of the people QQing about how much there class is gonna suck aren't even in the beta.

Let me put your minds at rest, remembering that I am in the beta.

*Ahem*

Shamans are fine.

Elemental Combat is fine.
    Enhancement is fine.
    Restoration is fine.

Shamans are fine.

Numbers will be tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard

I have to say I find what you just said hard to believe since Shaman nowhere near come close to the top of DPS charts in beta. That and its no big leap to suggest that Shaman were ignored in TBC. In addition, we have too many druids coming into our forums and calling QQers to have our own class representatives doing it also
    Ignored in TBC? Does being given a buttload of new skills, a new system of play and becoming raid worthy count as ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Skriblz
    The problem is Funky, that most of the people QQing about how much there class is gonna suck aren't even in the beta.

Let me put your minds at rest, remembering that I am in the beta.

*Ahem*

Shamans are fine.

Elemental Combat is fine.
    Enhancement is fine.
    Restoration is fine.

Shamans are fine.

Numbers will be tuned.
    You sound like a politician trying to hide the fact everything's going to the shitter. "Nothing is wrong, people. The high gas prices are a...typo. Yeah, that's it."
    DEAL WITH IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockworker
    You sound like a politician trying to hide the fact everything's going to the shitter. "Nothing is wrong, people. The high gas prices are a...typo. Yeah, that's it."
    That's a problem with people on council estates not trusting the people they stupidly put into power in the first place. Take that as you will.

The thing is, shamans really ARE fine. I've somewhat got a little bit of faith in blizzard this time round, they've communicated what they're trying to do, what there concerns are to every single class (Despite what the lolpaladins might try and tell us) whenever they've nerfed/buffed them.

They've also reminded us, every single time they post something, that this. Is. Beta. Changes are made. That's the whole point of a beta. To test, get feedback and balance if necessary.

Everyone crying about there low DPS need to stfu about it. The numbers will be changed to be much. Much. Much. Closer. They've confirmed that hundreds of times since they put the beta out, and it drives me crazy to the point of homicide that I should have to keep on pointing that statement out.

No, shamans will not be left behind. And if they do, it'll be like how they were in TBC, you know, where you had to take 5-6 to SWP. LOLZWUT!?

Good old bloodlust stacking. 1 enh, 1 elem, 4 resto.

Anyway, Enhancement Shaman do reasonably well for themselves in TBC. Our gross DPs is lower but we also buff a helluvalot more than anyone else. Even said, our DPS is very respectable, and with all the changes coming up, it's expected to see a boost. One thing they're trying to do with the last round of changes is improve our physical abilities (SS, Lava lash and Windfury) while lowering the caster side (maelstrom, lava burst, etc) so that we aren't just DWing elementalists.

Give it time, I hated the TBC changes and most fo the early TBC cycle, but many of the thng blizzard has done to shaman in late BC and in WLK seem to be spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockworker
    Are you in beta with us? Are you seeing what we're seeing? Do you realize how retarded your analogy actually was? A) No x 3

Quote Originally Posted by Bewbslól
    I did read the post. I was merely playing along with you, I guess THAT was over YOUR head. See what I did there?
    Nice try at a save, but you missed the landing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo
    Ignored in TBC? Does being given a buttload of new skills, a new system of play and becoming raid worthy count as ignored?
    all of new skills were there in aplha already, in BETA we saw scrapped spiritlink and replaced with unexciting new 51pointer, removed spectral transf. and actually got windshock, after that, almost everything we saw were nerfs, so not ignored, but shafted, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    all of new skills were there in aplha already, in BETA we saw scrapped spiritlink and replaced with unexciting new 51pointer, removed spectral transf. and actually got windshock, after that, almost everything we saw were nerfs, so not ignored, but shafted, maybe?
    CURSE YOU BALANCE!

CURSE YOU!

Edit:: Besides, he was talking in response to this myth that we were ignored in TBC, which we weren't

CURSE YOU BALANCE!

CURSE YOU!
    what balance have you in mind? making elemental subpar dps to all others, resto manainefficient to all others or making enhancement not competitive vs others? everything can be still changed, but elemental was far from competitive after first SEF nerf, enha was competitive with others, but they really didnt do good with MSW changes.

shaman werent in any stage in beta better than anyone else, so... could you please tell me, what balance is achieved with these nerfs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    what balance have you in mind? making elemental subpar dps to all others, resto manainefficient to all others or making enhancement not competitive vs others? everything can be still changed, but elemental was far from competitive after first SEF nerf, enha was competitive with others, but they really didnt do good with MSW changes.

shaman werent in any stage in beta better than anyone else, so... could you please tell me, what balance is achieved with these nerfs?
    Because it puts shamans in a better place to receive buffs. To explain what I mean;

If MW hadn't been nerfed, our damage would have been fine for the first couple of tier sets. We'd have then slowly started dropping back as scaling and itemisation became a problem.

To fix this problem, they nerfed our spell caster side. They're rebuffing the melee based side of the class. They couldn't justify buffing melee damage without nerfing spell damage. Otherwise we would then be "OP".

I'll point out that it took them 4-5 weeks before they started buffing DPS warriors back up, so whilst it shouldn't take this long for them to do so again, it's not a simple process of going "Oh, shamans are doing low damage. We'll just magically increase there damage, and that wont have any repurcussions on any of the other area's of the game"

The elemental numbers will be changed to work more in our favour, and if mana cost is an issue for restoration shamans (lolwut?) then that'll be changed aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    Shaman can dish out dps. However they cannot mitigate their own threat which is part of why they fall behind in overall damage done.

The only thing I was trying to say is that it is a neglected class. Has been for over a year. At 70 the gap isnt that large, they mostly lose out because they dont have a CC. However at 80 the gap increases dramatically. Shamans need help in both the Ele and Enh trees.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=50720 Your weakness is now my strength.
    Rocket Sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by stormix
    But if you want to play the Shaman,then live with this in mind- we can range dps,melee,and heal but none of these will be the best. Its called UTILITY.
    cheers,
    Storm.

P.S. I know i said same thing with different words,but i just dont get it, why ppl continue to QQ ? :S
    Not true anymore in WOTLK, according to all posts by Blizzard - they're trying to offset the Utility aspect for support classes by "balancing" the DPS of all other classes. So whether you're a rogue or mage or a paladin or druid - your DPS, if you're specced for that, will be the same, and no more unique buffs like Windfury now, since taking a certain class for their buff is against Blizzard's new philosophy.

That is, by the way, the reason I just decided a few moments ago to play my druid as my main in WOTLK.

EDIT: To clarify: My main was a Shaman for nearly all of BC. But why settle for physical DPS, caster DPS or healer when I can get all that AND get the possibility to tank, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Fünky Führer
    Nice try at a save, but you missed the landing.
    No u

Because it puts shamans in a better place to receive buffs. To explain what I mean;

If MW hadn't been nerfed, our damage would have been fine for the first couple of tier sets. We'd have then slowly started dropping back as scaling and itemisation became a problem.

To fix this problem, they nerfed our spell caster side. They're rebuffing the melee based side of the class. They couldn't justify buffing melee damage without nerfing spell damage. Otherwise we would then be "OP".

I'll point out that it took them 4-5 weeks before they started buffing DPS warriors back up, so whilst it shouldn't take this long for them to do so again, it's not a simple process of going "Oh, shamans are doing low damage. We'll just magically increase there damage, and that wont have any repurcussions on any of the other area's of the game"

The elemental numbers will be changed to work more in our favour, and if mana cost is an issue for restoration shamans (lolwut?) then that'll be changed aswell.
    we dont have much time left if u didnt noticed, less than 2 weeks until 3.0.2, after that, they wont be fixing class issues, they will be, same as in tbc release, more focused on raid content than actually fixing few slacking builds.

there were ZERO reasons to nerf elemental scalling whatsoever, they were one of the worse casters already, GC said elementals are now free to balance-like buffs, but it took them a month to give balance almost everything they wanted (apart the bloat, and some fix to typhoon and starfall afaik). and they atleast had somewhere to start. elemental lacks any scalling talent for LB past LO, which is unreliable, and has little to no scalling for LvB either. also, we elemental were supposed to get those buffs in build or two, now its already 2 builds with no changes and with NO information how they want to improve it, either. without actually discussion about it, it can very well end up like with riptide and earthen power, no thanks.

QQ Post is QQ

Seriously, you have no idea what you're talking about. Ask a beta tester (re: me) and they will tell you Enhancement is dirty-strong. Make a character on the PTR for yourself, and see how powerful Enhancement is. The problem with your argument is assuming that Enhancement was weak before these changes, and continues to be weak afterward. You could not be more mistaken. An Enhancement shaman in Live, when played correctly, is incredible. An enhancement shaman in beta/PTR is even more incredible. You have new abilities, new spells, and new mechanics that really up your range in terms of what you can do, and how you go about doing it.

I need not remind you that almost all of these changes are geared towards level 80, since that's when the balance is most needed for the majority of players. And, as if I need to say it... the expansion is still 6 weeks away. Blizzard has a long reputation for adding/fixing/finishing stuff right at the end, so be patient and stop crying about your class being broken. Ether find a solution, or keep your mouth shut.

You were just presented with a new bottle full of fresh milk, so why is baby crying?

{edit} SLCap

A huge part of what made us strong in the next patch was the Lava Burst spell. It's gone and now we're back to where we are now.

15+ Year Old Account

Good damage does not mean we are fine. They are making us like the old ret pallys. That is NOT fun. GJ uncontrollable procs and a waste of space in pvp. You can keep that. If all you do is raid and are happy with totem twisting now you will continue to like enhance. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Yasuhiko
    One thing they're trying to do with the last round of changes is improve our physical abilities (SS, Lava lash and Windfury) while lowering the caster side (maelstrom, lava burst, etc) so that we aren't just DWing elementalists.
    Ok, I understand the lowering the caster side of damage output, but in terms of SS, they made the extra 2 charges absolutely useless by making SS charges only affect personal Nature damage only (You can't even use 4 charges of stormstrike by spamming 4 LBs as enhance), which also made Lava Lash do less damage too since SS doesn't give a bonus to Fire damage any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikaga
    A huge part of what made us strong in the next patch was the Lava Burst spell. It's gone and now we're back to where we are now.
    Lavaburst is attainable at level 75. The patch is still level 70. So you won't be able to get it until WotLK drops.

/headshot

[EDIT] Bold for emphasis

Lavaburst is attainable at level 75. The patch is still level 70. So you won't be able to get it until WotLK drops.

/headshot
    I think he meant how we can no longer use Lava Burst with 5 MSW charges, since its not worth the cast time as enhance otherwise.

You can still slap in a LB or CL. It's not that big a deal. MW/Lavaburst was way too powerful, so it's a solid balance fix. The other option was nerfing Lavaburst and pissing off all Shaman.