Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Warlocks could use a new CC to be more raid viable

Quote Originally Posted by kavod
    Well, for pvp, banish is very viable, for those stupid enough to take tree form it's fun for that, mage pets, shaman totems, and now, demon form warlocks. Yes, you will be able to banish your brother locks. It sucks because pallies can also use turn undead on them, and the CD on that pally spell has been removed so it can be chained as well.

Why do you say CoR can't be used to keep them from running away? They haven't changed that spell. I think an appropriate thing to do is maybe add a minor glyph that makes it so fear causes the nightmare effect while they're running around(as well as after) to keep them moving slow so you can CoR them if they're headed towards other unfriendlies.
    But in any case be happy with fear, it's the one form of CC that works on everyone(except undead), so learn to control it or suck it up and reroll a rouge like the little bitches they are.
    I haven't checked in a few builds, but Meta locks were still considered humanoid so they aren't banishable.

CoR no longer prevents a mob from fleeing, which means fear juggling is gone.

Locks really could do with a decent cc for 5 man, raids you just bring mages anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalle
    I thought it was great when the succubus could get the ability, via 3 talent points, to have uninterrupted seduce from damage. But that's gone now. Too bad.
    way to op

What if instead they made it so warlock fear adds a debuff on every mob we can fear that makes it so the mobs cannot call for assistance at all even if they run through a pack of other mobs and the debuff lasts for 10 seconds after the fear has faded?
    After all you could in theory consider them to "afraid" to even ask for help as it were.
    It wont impact on bosses since their immune as are undead and such a debuff will have zero impact on pvp wouldn't it?

Do none of you know how to use your succubus?

Is timing your chain seduce with keeping aggro off your succy really that hard for most of you?

Well I can do it fine.

You need CC that's fine I have a succy and it works fine for me. L2P

Try using a succy on sunwell plateau trash, there is no L2p nub.

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    Try using a succy on sunwell plateau trash, there is no L2p nub.
    L2Raid organize then.

Same reason you shouldn't use sap.

SW isn't meant for some CC.

Hmm, guess what's the title of the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Drearcerberus
    Looking into WotLK, it seems that fear kiting is out of the question, as we can no longer juggle CoR and any other curse to keep a mob from running into a bunch of his buddies. I was wondering since we seem to be lacking any utility whatsoever, if we could have a more reliable from of CC. Taking a look at this I was thinking that maybe they could make banish effect humanoids (as I'm not sure how common demons will be in WotLK raids) and some other types of targets, so locks could actually fulfill the CC roles in raids as we lack many other utility functions. Now I can see that being able to juggle fear and banish in pvp would be broken, so just add banish to the same dr as fear and make it affected by the pvp trinket and some other talents, so it isn't cyclone with a longer range and cc time.
    No ffense, but reading this tells me how little of a clue you have in the art of fear kiting. CoR is easy street, I've never needed it to fear kite, shadowbolts and well placed dots are enough.

Well with all the buff changes how about making Seduce an alternative to Sheep?

Other than that lrn2 focus targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampirelord567
    No ffense, but reading this tells me how little of a clue you have in the art of fear kiting. CoR is easy street, I've never needed it to fear kite, shadowbolts and well placed dots are enough.
    There are certain areas in this game where it is pretty much impossible to fear kite a mob without CoR. Unfortunately, when my old guild was learning the eye we were short on mages and I had to fear kite in the first room with the pat walking around. Without CoR, I doubt that would have been possible. Attempting to cast a 2.5 second cast spell on something that may go out of range or out of LOS is just not going to work all the time.

The reason I'm not a big fan of seduce is the channeling of the spell plus the cast time and her short cast range. I don't mind one or the other, but both combined make it really easy for some mob with an aoe fear ability to make seducing a nightmare. That and the fact your succubus died whenever something so much as breathed in her general direction made the ability more of a liability. As the succi will now be able to take some degree of aoe damage this is more viable, but the ability is still channeled and the points in improved succubus to make seduce less likely to lose channeled time when taking damage aren't really worth it.

Finally, I should have named this post lack of utility for warlocks in raids and not another cc for locks. I don't really want a new CC for us to use in arena, just an ability that lets us control pve mobs better in 5 mans and raids. Improved control would give us something in place of our buffs/debuffs that seem worse than those of other classes that fall into the same buff/debuff slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sans
    Sheep = Humanoids/Beasts/Critters
    Repentance = Humanoids/Giants/Dragonkin/Undead/Demons
    Banish = Demons/Elementals
    Shackle = Undead
    Roots = All (does damage)
    Cyclone = All (too short)
    Fear = All (except Undead/Mechanical)
    Seduce = Humanoids.
    Turn Undead = Undead/Demons.
    Fix't.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Darshy
    ditto.
    XD

I'm in your pointless post, posting pointlessly.

Gaiwyn of Proudmoore
    For the Alliance!

Deleted

WoW, 3 pages for a simple troll, already!

New warlock spell - enslave humanoid.

Cast time - 1.5 sec, 6% mana, no cooldown

Enslaves a target player under the control of the warlock for 45 seconds. During that time the target will randomly perform skills and will have no control over their actions. Any pet under the control of the warlock is unsummoned and after those 45 seconds the target needs to be re-enslaved.

The target also takes on the appearence of a gimp - complete with latex bodysuit, fluffy pink handcuffs and ball gag. There is also a chance that allies of the target will either collapse laughing or flee in terror at its appearence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominate
    New warlock spell - enslave humanoid.

Cast time - 1.5 sec, 6% mana, no cooldown

Enslaves a target player under the control of the warlock for 45 seconds. During that time the target will randomly perform skills and will have no control over their actions. Any pet under the control of the warlock is unsummoned and after those 45 seconds the target needs to be re-enslaved.

The target also takes on the appearence of a gimp - complete with latex bodysuit, fluffy pink handcuffs and ball gag. There is also a chance that allies of the target will either collapse laughing or flee in terror at its appearence.

Thats a priest ability, its called mindcontrol and if I wanted to be a priest I would have rolled one hehe

Reactor

A possible fix would be to change the mechanic of fear. Have it so that instead of running around in random directions, the mob / player runs in a straight line away from you. That way you could actually "aim" your fear instead of casting and praying.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanctha
    here's an idea for pve.

Fear, instead of causing the mob to run around in a mad state, should cause the mob to stand on the spot still.
    Still feared, but not moving.

but keep the same effect for pvp.

this way, the spell will be exactly the same, but for pve, the spell will be less messy and more controlled
    Cause the target to cower in fear. Just standing still doing the new /cower animation, but I dont think they can judge which to use for pvp/pve unless they create 2 different spells to use for each situation.

How about Fear= The target falls to his knees in fear, begging for mercy. Not only does the CC keep the mob in place, but makes the next attack on it a guaranteed crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevet
    Sheep = Humanoids/Beasts/Critters
    Repentance = Humanoids/Giants/Dragonkin/Undead/Demons
    Banish = Demons/Elementals
    Shackle = Undead
    Mind Control = Humanoids (maybe a bit hazardous)
    Roots = All (does damage)
    Cyclone = All (too short)
    Fear = All (except Undead/Mechanical)
    Seduce = Humanoids.
    Turn Undead = Undead/Demons.
    Freezing Trap/Freezing Arrow = All (shared cooldown)
    Fixed. ^-^