Poll: Whitch will be the best class soloing old instances? (+60 instances)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Whitch will be the best class soloing old instances? (+60 instances)

Unholy DK can solo Ony very easily.

CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

resto/ele shamans, all kinds of pala , hunter and maybe warlock
    here should be my signature... FAIL!

My hunter is already soloing lvl 60-65 instances at level 70.

With the new changes to pet survivability (and the increased dmg at 80) it will be hell of alot easier.

Also keep in mind: a hunter will never die in an instance due to FD, kiting and pet tanking. If a paladin, warrior or whatever class is too optimistic in his pulls or can't get a heal off or gets mana burned or whatever shit happens, you're screwed.

lol your all very funny indeed. On the Live test realm at level 70 i can already solo all of shattered halls on my prot paladin.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Protection paladin, by far !

Koumaru

Since the buff to Swipe (and Thunderclap), with 2pcT5 for instant Regrowths, I can get a few pulls through heroic Ramparts, Blood Furnace, and Underbog solo on my feral bear on PTR. It doesn't take very long, either.

The regular versions of these instances are already quick clears on live even with much lower damage on all attacks.

I'll have to try non-heroic Shattered Halls on PTR tonight.

yeah thats what I heard, T6 Pro Pala in my guild did SH Heroic the first4 or 5 groups alone (though not the whole instance)on PTR. And a ret of my guild soloed Onyxia on PTR too.
    So I d vote for Paladin ALTHOUGh I know how strong DK is since I m myself in Beta.

how cares how u kill them? what matters is that u kill them

Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft
    Paladins, on the other hand, don't need to kite. That is why they are the strongest solo class.
    I'm not quite sure if paladins can solo 5men instances with mainly casters in it. For example MgT, im not seeing them do it tbh. Now to think of MgT... who will solo the 2nd boss at all?

Quote Originally Posted by waisted
    lol ret palas can do now maybe... but il just take a seat, cu you all know the nerfbat is comin for yal retridins, and when it hits you imma have a huge laugh... peace
    *Laughs* Mr 500 SD.

Paladins all the way! As Holy u can pretty much stand there healing yourself and using consecration, ezmode.

Quote Originally Posted by Khay
    I'm not quite sure if paladins can solo 5men instances with mainly casters in it. For example MgT, im not seeing them do it tbh. Now to think of MgT... who will solo the 2nd boss at all?
    The second boss would be really easy with arcane resist gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

I didn't vote, because of my lack of knowledge of other classes than the Hunter. All I can say is Hunters with a tank pet can solo a hell of a lot of crap. They can heal their pet for 5k over 15 secs at lvl 80, they can FD through to any boss without having to fight anything and if there's enough room around, they can basically kite a boss for as long as necessary.

Note: A very powerful new solo'ing weapon in our arsenal is Distracting Shot. If the boss is tauntable, you can basically bounce it back and forth to yourself and your pet without you taking any damage at all, and greatly minimizing your pet's damage taken. To those too lazy to look at the new DS, it's a 6 sec. lasting taunt with an 8 sec. CD, 5-35 yrds range. I've duo'd a 5gr. quest in Wrath using this method at lvl 73 where my pet and the DK I was with were getting totally raped. If I nailed it perfectly, the DK hardly ever got hit. Basically, the CD is finished by the time the mob/boss goes back to it's original target, a bit before he reaches it, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft
    Lol... If you think any of that will actually let you solo instances you otherwise couldn't, then you're in for one heck of a repair bill. Not only are they cooldowns but all of them together do not restore even half your HP bar.

The only thing on that list that can actually make the difference between something being soloable and not is the figurine trinket, and the encounters conditioned for it to turn the tide like that can probably be counted on one hand. In fact, I can't think of anything other than ZG panther boss.
    ooohhhh loooooll, I guess you just like arguing or something don't you... the guy you're responding to was talking to someone who thought "oh prot warriors can't solo anything, they can't heal!"
    that's just as retarded if you said that to a hunter. Not getting any damage makes sure you don't have to heal.

as for bosses; yea you gotta survive that for a while because they won't go down fast. but we haven't seen movies of hunters killing ZG bosses or garr (MC) now have we.. so at least warriors do something a lot better.
    as for the cooldown on figurine of the colossus and the new Enraged Regeneration, those cooldowns are nothing compared to how long someone with a lot of avoidance can endure.

so yea, dunno what you're trying to say here...
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

stupid question palli easy example: HOBBS way of pulling