Thread: Just soloed Ony

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just soloed Ony

Yeah, i like the new retri

I just soloed onyxia herself in my s3/4 ret gear with a full ret spec.

Was pretty easy just use seal of light/ judgement of light.. She endured ca 30 min.

Pretty amazing i think... and a very good gold source (130g)!

Also got screens.. just need to upload them anywhere dunno yet.

Re: Just soloed Ony

I took a shot at her a few builds ago on a PvP build Ret, but couldnt survive phase 2. How did you?

and yet most importantly, did you do it on Live? PTRs or Beta?

and how did you specc in ret?

tbh... You cannot by any means die during the onyxia fight unless you afk for a couple of minutes...
    she is ridiculously easy as a ret pally with standard spec (need AoW though)

Phase 2, kill whelps with consc. and divine storm, stand beneath her and keep spamming your abilities.
    Phase 3 took quite some time since she decided to fear me all the time, but honestly, this is very very easy as a ret paladin.

I was kind of disappointed to see there is no achievement for soloing her anymore, well got 165g and a few shards.

Did it on beta (lvl 80) btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankkazi
    I took a shot at her a few builds ago on a PvP build Ret, but couldnt survive phase 2. How did you?
    With PTR/beta Ret, you can just keep judging her and let consecration and Divine Storm take out whelps.

you can hit her with autoattack/CS as well, just position yourself right beneath her. Deep Breathed once once btw so throw more dots is a tale of the past I guess :P

I did it on ptr on lvl 70, pvp skilled (skipped most dps talents)

I survived the second phase by just jumping around and and healing my self while the whelps came out.. Could anyone tell me a upload page that i could post some screens?

Can host screen shots here: http://imageshack.us/

Yeah me too

have a video for you guys about my Onyxia solo kill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfpDGzW9mqE

have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrio
    Yeah, i like the new retri

I just soloed onyxia herself in my s3/4 ret gear with a full ret spec.

Was pretty easy just use seal of light/ judgement of light.. She endured ca 30 min.

Pretty amazing i think... and a very good gold source (130g)!

Also got screens.. just need to upload them anywhere dunno yet.
    Nice, when LK comes out I will try the ret spec on my paladin.

Dang! you all let the cat out of the bag.  Now everyone knows that seal of light is the most OP seal for doing crazy stuff like this, and they'll QQ about that as well.

I don't have beta, but I've been soloing shadow labs and sethekk halls in my Mostly-trashy gear (ignore the poor spec, this guy doesn't raid :P)

Edit: On the PTR.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

I did it as well, was clad in:

Illidari Council Helm
    SSC Trash Neck
    T6 Shoulders
    SSC Morogrim Cloak
    T6 Chest
    T6 Bracers
    S3/T6 Gloves (either works fine)
    Red Belt of Battle
    T6 Pants
    RoS Boots
    Bloodboil Ring
    Angelista's Revenge Badge Ring
    PvP Trinket-20 Res (forgot to switch it out for my Shadowsong Panther)
    Shard of Contempt
    Shivering Felspine
    Heroic Blood Furnace Libram

Only had on about 36 Resilience and she never crit me, may be a bug.

Had Seal of Light up all the time, used Judgement of Light all the time.

Phase One: DPS to your heart's content, make sure to use your AoW Insta-heal right after Breaths to avoid Parry Hasted chunks of your health from being taken away.

Phase Two: DPS to your heart's content. As a tip you can Divine Storm while surrounded by whelps to proc your Seal of Light on almost all of the hits, healing a good 4000 health from that and Divine Storm's separate effect. Stay alive is the biggest part. Feel free to bubble during the Deep Breath, it only took me down 6k health in total, so no biggie.

Phase Three: Repeat Phase One, add in HoWs to your heart's content. Stay alive with instant FoLs and such.

I was specced for the fight (5% additional parry, no PvP talents save Divine Purpose (an extra 4% spell miss ftw)).

Quote Originally Posted by Haskel
    Dang! you all let the cat out of the bag. Now everyone knows that seal of light is the most OP seal for doing crazy stuff like this, and they'll QQ about that as well.
    I don't see why seal of light would be a factor here, use art of war when you need it, since it is up constantly.

KONATA

http://s3.directupload.net/images/081003/esgzek4a.jpg
    premade lvl 80 Paladin

On lvl 80 this is too easy u cant die, but 180g for 20min i think its worth enough to do it every Reset ^^

Makes me wonder, if this is possible as Retribution spec, with the new changes to spell pushback and the new BoSanc, couldn't a Prot pally do this just as easily (although probably MUCH slower)?

Quote Originally Posted by naljara
    anyone else think the pictures were funny? come on. u covered the party panels in both and just because u showered a pic of the war/priest offline doesn't mean that you solo'd ony... the picture could have been taken ages after they helped you...>.< wow some people...just to say u downed ony.
    On ptr i 2 manned her, me as ret and a resto druid.. yea i know, twas easy modes all the way, so please if youre gonna say u did something by soloing...provide a video!
    lol

there you go:

http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=dfpDGzW9mqE

Quote Originally Posted by naljara
    anyone else think the pictures were funny? come on. u covered the party panels in both and just because u showered a pic of the war/priest offline doesn't mean that you solo'd ony... the picture could have been taken ages after they helped you...>.< wow some people...just to say u downed ony.
    On ptr i 2 manned her, me as ret and a resto druid.. yea i know, twas easy modes all the way, so please if youre gonna say u did something by soloing...provide a video!
    I didnt make it to show you how "imba" I am... its just that I wanted to show what a ret can do with equip. If you dont trust me.. I dont care

Everyone with S3 + can do it solo... its not hard.. with skill maybe a s2 could also beat her.. so if you dont trust me, trust yourself and go kill her alone (btw it takes me 3 takes)

Also as you can see here, those 2 in my group are offline and lvl 1... thats just because you cant do raids without a raid grp

lol mongoose ^

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble
    With PTR/beta Ret, you can just keep judging her and let consecration and Divine Storm take out whelps.
    Or you could stand right under her and melee her normally lol.