Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Druid changes in upcoming build

Balance

* Typhoon - Max rank damage reduced to 735 Nature damage. 3 ranks added for a total of 4.
    * Insect Swarm - Wording changed to "decreasing their chance to hit with melee and ranged attacks" from "decreasing their chance to hit".
    * Moonkin Form - Now increases armor contribution from items by 370%. Down from 400%.

Feral

* Predatory Instincts - Now reduces the damage taken from area of effect attacks by 10/20/30%. Up from 5/10/15%.
    * Dire Bear Form - Now increases armor contribution from items by 370%. Down from 400%.
    * Growl - Now has a 20 yard range. Up from 5.

Restoration

* Nourish - Mana cost reduced to 18% of base mana, down from 22%.
    * Wild Growth - All ranks saw healing increase and mana cost reduction. Now 23% of base mana, down from 35%. Max Rank: Heals up to 5 friendly party or raid members within 15 yards of the target for 1442 over 7 sec. The amount healed is applied quickly at first, and slows down as the Wild Growth reaches its full duration.

Before everyone goes crying nerfs about druid armor, realize that in-house dev tests showed that druids had far more mitigation than other classes thus far in PVE raids in the beta.

Re: Druid changes in upcoming build

That armor loss is always nice. But what I'm confused about is why they're nerfing every class but Paladin....yep, it's official, the devs all rerolled lol.

Armour nerf was implemented last patch and not listed, i've been tanking with it and everything is fine, as devs stated our mitigation and health is too high and we are above other classes by quite a way, or were, should I say, this "retuning" is for our own good really.

Why change the range of Growl?

Quote Originally Posted by Semi
    Why change the range of Growl?
    i am happy about the bump up in range for growl... makes it easier to pull that one mob that was peeled off

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneDude
    That armor loss is always nice. But what I'm confused about is why they're nerfing every class but Paladin....yep, it's official, the devs all rerolled lol.
    Nerfing paladin tanking wouldn't really be useful, they are already bottom of the list for everything but AoE TPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly
    i am happy about the bump up in range for growl... makes it easier to pull that one mob that was peeled off
    I'm not unhappy about it, I just dont see why.
    When a mob peels off you had feral charge for that.

Growl 20 Yards? This is the DEATH OF FERAL CHARGE+BASH+GROWL! Lol. Meh no thoughts on this really.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneDude
    what are you, completely retarded or living under a rock - for 5 buildsin a row ret paladins were nerfed.

As if killing the Agioge ratio and taking bonus armor off of our gear wasn't bad enough they have to slap this on? They are absolutely killing Bear form mitigation for everyone who doesn't raid. I really don't understand why they don't just nerf PotP if Druids are performing too well in PvE raid content and leave the rest of us with a reason to go bear other than for 3 seconds to Charge/Bash.

Quote Originally Posted by ad1337
    As if killing the Agioge ratio and taking bonus armor off of our gear wasn't bad enough they have to slap this on? They are absolutely killing Bear form mitigation for everyone who doesn't raid. I really don't understand why they don't just nerf PotP if Druids are performing too well in PvE raid content and leave the rest of us with a reason to go bear other than for 3 seconds to Charge/Bash.
    Personally I'd rather lose that armor rather than nerf PoTP, which is amazing mitigation. What I don't understand is why they'd boost the damage reduction from Predatory Instincts up to 30% which would again increase our mitigation greatly since most content seems to be AOE-based now. This is not that great of a nerf as some people think, I'm perfectly fine with it.

15+ Year Old Account

The growl buff may have been unnecessary, but welcome. I'll have fun with it I am sure ^_^. As for the armor nerf, it was coming, and they even said it would be, don't seem so surprised. We definitely shouldn't QQ because we have been complaining to become viable, but in the process, Blizzard made us OP, so they are fixing us.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfuron
    Personally I'd rather lose that armor rather than nerf PoTP, which is amazing mitigation. What I don't understand is why they'd boost the damage reduction from Predatory Instincts up to 30% which would again increase our mitigation greatly since most content seems to be AOE-based now. This is not that great of a nerf as some people think, I'm perfectly fine with it.
    Ghostcrawler just cleared the PI issue up on the Beta forums.

Despite the change apparently not making it into this build, PI is only going to work in Cat Form.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfuron
    Personally I'd rather lose that armor rather than nerf PoTP, which is amazing mitigation.
    PotP is already a 100% raid Feral tank only talent.  Since the issue is with raiding Feral tanks, they should address it right there instead of making a change that affects all Ferals (and even Moonkins).  I don't know about you but I don't hear too many people rant about how non raiding Ferals and Moonkins have so much melee mitigation that it's problematic, especially since the Agiodge change and removal of bonus armor on many of the items those Ferals and Moonkins would be using.

TLDR: Put the band aid over the wound, not over the whole body.

As far as the armor nerf goes. It may be okay for bears, but it's certainly not for Balance Druids. At least PvP-wise. Check the stats for Deadly Glad armor versus Brutal. Armor wise we're going from:

Brutal at (2250 AC * 4.0) = 9000 AC
    to
    Deadly at (2350 AC * 3.7) = 8695 AC

And the disparity becomes even larger when we factor in belts boots and bracers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that means from 70 to 80 a moonkin loses survivability in level appropriate PvP gear. Add to that more available armor pen, and you can kiss our sweet chicken asses good-bye.

In PvE we've got no real loss, and as I mostly raid, I'm not gonna whine too hard, but expect to see me as resto in arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepinglamia
    Also another reason being a female is awesome. No epeens Ah not to be controlled by my own genitalia! :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Marath
    This is a good point... do you have e-bajango or e-boobie competitions in the same way?

I like that word... e-bajango

Just in case anyone missed it, Typhoon was not actually nerfed. Rank 5 was yanked for the time being to work out the bug. The damage is the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmo
    As far as the armor nerf goes. It may be okay for bears, but it's certainly not for Balance Druids. At least PvP-wise. Check the stats for Deadly Glad armor versus Brutal. Armor wise we're going from:

Brutal at (2250 AC * 4.0) = 9000 AC
    to
    Deadly at (2350 AC * 3.7) = 8695 AC

And the disparity becomes even larger when we factor in belts boots and bracers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that means from 70 to 80 a moonkin loses survivability in level appropriate PvP gear. Add to that more available armor pen, and you can kiss our sweet chicken asses good-bye.

In PvE we've got no real loss, and as I mostly raid, I'm not gonna whine too hard, but expect to see me as resto in arena.
    as a druid, you should be resto in arena anyhow

PI is cat only now.

Quote Originally Posted by eric32
    as a druid, you should be resto in arena anyhow
    No more.

Deadly is the first season of Wotlk, Brutal is the last season of TBC, do you really want the same survivability??? Is like saying that you had less survivability in t4 than in t3, it's obvious.

Damn there got to be a lot of QQing now to get our armor back.
    It's just really annoying that they gave us PotP to make up for the armor loss in rogue leather, then they noticed it was too much mitigation and took away aromor from dire bear form, thats just retarted.
    As long as we specc pure tanking and for PvE, that change cold be ok to go with, but in PvP it seems quite harsh to me, ofc 30% less isnt too much, but still it lowers our survivability since in PvP, nobody will specc 3/3 PotP and so will not have any additional mitigation.
    Coupled with the armor loss, this weakens bears in PvP. Don't tell me we can cat PvP now.. maybe agains casters, but if a rogue or warrior is spanking us, we are dead in no time, even with barkskin in cat form.

In my opinion they should keep bear armor in PvP as it was, or either give us the survivability, or at least close to it, a rogue has in PvP.