Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MSW procs revealed....

kk its a PPM from what i can tell and i get a 5 stack evey 5-8 seconds... as good as crit based or there abouts...

a great buff from what it was.

Re: MSW procs revealed....

Interesting. I'll start testing this myself in a few minutes.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

15+ Year Old Account

OOOh didn't even know there was a new build up. I'm gonna go check that out.

myrddinde

BUT !!!

Lava Burst isn't included anymore, even though the build/tooltip says so.

???

15+ Year Old Account

K so I tested it out for a few minutes.. It's FAR too badass.. and will be nerfed. Although maybe not as it is one of our powerful spells deep in enhance.

But yeah for me on the 70 testing dummies the my rotation of flameshock, stormstrike, lava lash (melee till it's 5 proc'd) then lightning bolt. I kept that going at a pretty steady pace. this was on the PTR.

I agree, it seems like it builds up charges nearly as fast as it did for me when it was crit based. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if it went live like this, but I expect it to be nerfed down a bit.

Also the tooltip is a bit confusing, I honestly didn't see a difference in wording between the different ranks.

Target Dummies are inaccurate.

The real test will be how it effects raid DPS. I hope it puts us on par with the other top DPSers. I just refuse to get my hopes up at this point. Besides, Blizz is always quick to nerf shaman whenever they start looking viable again as anything more than a raid healer.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Yeah, Vs Target dummies you can do for a short time to test, but in raids esp, against bosses using other skills right when MSW procs uses up a LOT of mana and with the WOTLK changes to chain potioning it will be very difficult to maintain mana. Even in pvp, versing certain classes *cough* Ret Palies *Cough* u'd be lucky to get all 5 procs.

Quote Originally Posted by NewBlood
    Yeah, Vs Target dummies you can do for a short time to test, but in raids esp, against bosses using other skills right when MSW procs uses up a LOT of mana and with the WOTLK changes to chain potioning it will be very difficult to maintain mana. Even in pvp, versing certain classes *cough* Ret Palies *Cough* u'd be lucky to get all 5 procs.
    Two words: Mana Batteries.

From what I hear, enhancement mana is really a non-issue with the fact that we can DPS 'til OOM and pop SR to get 100% mana again. And from what I've been told, and what I've done on the PTR, SR is either up, or 2-5 seconds from being up by the time I run OOM.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

haha yeah this MW is prolly way too OP to stay in this state, but thumbs up! not all hope is gone until nerfbat strikes hehe

Deleted

it is realy bad ass did test it now but hell i am oom like mad :S

Need to start thinking outside the box, people. Yeah, it sucks that Lava Burst was removed from MSW. Yeah it sucks that fire damage was removed from Stormstrike. But Beta tests of the current build (9038?) indicate all arrows point to awesomeness.

I, personally, like the idea of Lava Burst becoming something like a Slam ability for Shamans. Using the macro: /castsequence reset=8 Stormstrike, Flame Shock, Lava Lash, Lava Burst -- or something akin to that, you can take full advantage of it, churn out max DPS -- all while keeping Elemental Devastation up.

I give you this post: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...73720&sid=2000

Quote Originally Posted by aT1C
    it is realy bad ass did test it now but hell i am oom like mad :S
    Eh, wait til you're group/raid buffed. With multiple classes becoming mana batteries, and all the happy buffs going around, with Shamanistic Rage on top of that, mana won't be an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii
    Eh, wait til you're group/raid buffed. With multiple classes becoming mana batteries, and all the happy buffs going around, with Shamanistic Rage on top of that, mana won't be an issue
    being dependant on manabatteries aint fun nor step in the right direction. some classes dont rely on them, yet some have to? flawed design.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

The thing I liked with using lava burst is that it made enhancement feel like using the elements.

Air and fire as offensive tools with windfury, lightning shield, lava lash and burst with flame shock

and Earth/water as defensive tools (granted the heals aren't really waterish atm, but the feel of it remains ) with instant heals, water shield, tremor mana/health regen totems.

Now it doesn't really seem like a true mix of elements, mainly just lightning interrupted by the odd flame lash, the synergy between the elements feels a bit gone for me.

on the PTR right now LB is in MW. I was just trying it out quick on the dummies and stack 5 so freaking fast I couldnt belive it.

100% chance to stack on a melee hit. BUT they changed something else, not sure what, because I was only able to hit about 1500 DPS which is down from the first time I tried MW 3 builds ago when it was crit based.

Deleted

i did easy 2k dps

I swear there is seriously no way to make this class happy. They gave you back a proc rate that is just as fast as it was when it was base off crits. Now I see people bitching because they are going through mana to often. People are complaining because lavaburst which when attached to MW was extremely overpowered does not work with it because of the synergy loss, yet in my testing elemental devastation was up consistently.

In its current state it procs to often and is probably a bit over the top. I am in all leather armor with only about 5K mana and my lightning bolt DPS is sitting close to my melee DPS and is higher then my WF dps with slow/slow weps. There were times where I was able to instant lighting bolt less then 3 seconds after my last one. I watched my MW charges got from 1 to 5 instantly more then once. I ran with a group of guild members and I was easily topping the DPS meters over the rog and lock.

It really is amusing, even when we have OP dps, people still bitch about how much we suck. Go back to your god mode cheats on other games, obviously if your not better then everyone else its not good enough for you.

Quote Originally Posted by metzin
    I swear there is seriously no way to make this class happy.

Should of said "spec", not class. Unless you have personal testing of elemental you'd like to summarize in a condescending tone with a few insults thrown in for effect?

Look at the shaman threads, there's enough QQ for all our specs to satisfy the entire WoW community. True, enhancement QQ's the most but it's a tight race between the specs.
    Trust the tale not the teller.