Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Holy Paladin - where are now the QQ...

Holy is not only a gimped tree, it is boring as hell.

When the new holy talents were released for TBC, back in the day, the general feeling was that they were highly underwhelming. Now history repeats itself.

I remember GC requesting feedback on what talents were FUN to play... well, there are none in holy.

Months of promises of an overhaul and 4 days before the patch goes live, Holy is as good as lowering the CD on HS has made it. Which is a lot compared to its original state, but, really... is this all Blizzard had in store for us?

The only really fun and promising mechanic introduced was the HS crit + instant HL. They can shove instant FoL up their arses. Instant HL was not OP, it was not controllable as it depended on a crit but it really made you want to play your paladin in an arena again.

Beacon of Light is still a big X in the paladin equation as to its usefulness. JotP is still garbage and a painful display of lack of imagination when it comes to revamping a talent that is a clear point sink with no benefits.

Sad, really.

When I saw Beacon of Light being an AoE hot, I was like, "Oh my god, i'm going to be a viable raid healer." Then of course they took it away, and made it all healing to targets within 40 yards of the beacon of light target gives the BoL target the healing as well, which i figured would be great to throw on the main tank, so no complaints.
    My real complaint has to be in pvp. I enjoy the unyielding faith and pure of heart changes, which will hopefully let us stand a chance against warlock teams. If you think Beacon of Light is going to help with healing multiple targets you're wrong, unless you want to throw in a talent that makes it undispellable, its near useless. But the fact that our only way to avoid being Blind/Sap/Sheep spammed is just removed as soon as its up it just annoying. We have our bubble but .5 second cast mass dispell takes care of that. And i'm back to being defenseless.
    I also love the fact that druids have 4x as much mp5 than my pally does on live, as well as an innervate, cyclone, feral charge, entangling roots, extreme kitability and of course, bear form. Compare now to paladins: We have: BoP, Bubble, and Plate. I think your idea with holy shock having a shorter cooldown as well as healing more along with infusion of light is a step in the right direction, its just that it needs to be a bigger step.

I hope this Holy Pally weep-fest is in the area of group healing during AoE. That I can agree is difficult. Everything else (PvP group healing, PvE group healing, and Raid Healing) is balls easy as a pally. In a 5 man slap BoL on the tank and it's all over. In PvP slap BoL on whoever and have fun. In raids slap BoL on the tank and leave the raid healing to the Druids and Shamans.

Bacon of Light solves oh so many problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepinglamia
    Also another reason being a female is awesome. No epeens Ah not to be controlled by my own genitalia! :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Marath
    This is a good point... do you have e-bajango or e-boobie competitions in the same way?

I like that word... e-bajango

"In pvp slap Beacon of light on whoever and have fun"? Have you ever pvp'd on a paladin? Know anything about paladins?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Asmo
    In PvP slap BoL on whoever and have fun.
    Wow, that's the most ignorant line I've seen in quite a while. You DO realize that overhealing doesn't count, right? And that BoL is just as easily dispelled/stolen as any other buff, but it also has only 1 min duration? Seriously, it doesn't do much good in pvp, believe me. I've tried it.

WoW honestly I tink what it'S gonna happen with the damn BoL it'S that holy pally gonna put them on there self for some low mana regen lmao!!!

and by giving the holy pally a better range in their judgement ?? this will really not help the raid honestly !! if u put the JoL on a target u need to refresh it with a swing or another judgement ! and it's heal the target for what Big Max 100 healt ?? and that tank will swing at every 2sec ? so he will get heal for 1k healt and then u will have to judge it again! yeh 1k heal in 20sec lmao!!!

Holy pally have just become a Buff machine so u need one in your raid of each spec ( talent tree ) and your fine ! u dont need more but yeah off corse u will need like 3 resto druid,
    3 resto shammy and 3 holy priest....

Ok yeah we never bring like 10healer in a raid I know that ! I only wanna point out that if u bring more pally and less of the other class your raid become critical and become a wipe fest for the DPS, Cause healer will focus on tank and healer on their healing and with no AoE or HoT on DPS , well dont need to explain more no ???

I Tink that pally really hate to be categorize !! u heal the Main Tank , u tank the Trash Mobs, u DPS and off heal some time
    That's what I really hate about the conseption of the pally !

- the elemental shammy will do more DPS then a ret pally and that's why they never get ask to off heal

- the resto shammy and all other class got the option to heal the raid and the MT so that's why they can be put on MT or raid ( yeah a Holy pally can be put on the raid for sure but for mass dommage they will not be effective as priest shammy and druid )

- the druid and warrior make their place to be MT and that's why prot pally get the trash mobs ( I dont get count as the MT or the off tank , cause I've been ask so many time to put my healing gear to off heal and yeah my healing gear is shammy gear for the MP5 cause if your not spec holy u dont receive mana back from your crit!!! So yeah I'm more like a third tank that sometime will tank a boss like '' Leotheras, and Kara :-[ '' of course ZA for the time run but still

GC or BLIZZARD ho good plz do something, change something with us that will make change the way everyone see us for once! so it's not only us that will tink someday about rolling another class like druid or warrior ( in my case cause I'm a tank in blood =) , or priest shammy druid ( for my GF cause she's holy in her blood =)

I will finish with a scream : I'M NOT A BUFFFF MACHINEEEEE' SO LIVE ME ALONE U BUNCH OF FREAK WITH YOUR '' I WANT BoK, ME I WANT BoW, GIVE ME BoL, WHAT i JUST SAID GIVE ME THE FREAKING BoS, WHERE'S THE SALVATION ??? I DONT WANT SALVATION I WANT MIGHHTTTTTT YEAH i WILL GIVE U THE HAND OF SALVATION WHEN U GONNA PULL THE AGRRO AND WHEN U ARE ABOUT TO DIE i'LL GIVE U THE BoP! Wow I tink raid will become intersting :'( :'( :'( :'(

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sephirote
    WoW honestly I tink what it'S gonna happen with the damn BoL it'S that holy pally gonna put them on there self for some low mana regen lmao!!!
    Healing yourself doesn't give mana, only heals received from others do.

and by giving the holy pally a better range in their judgement ?? this will really not help the raid honestly !! if u put the JoL on a target u need to refresh it with a swing or another judgement ! and it's heal the target for what Big Max 100 healt ?? and that tank will swing at every 2sec ? so he will get heal for 1k healt and then u will have to judge it again! yeh 1k heal in 20sec lmao!!!
    Judgements do not refresh from swing anymore. Not with any paladin spec. You will gotta keep judging anyway. And actually judgement of light does heal quite a lot, way more than your "1k heal in 20sec lmao".

- the elemental shammy will do more DPS then a ret pally and that's why they never ask them to off heal
    In wotlk ret paladins do a lot more dps than elemental shamans, not to mention that ret paladins also act as mana batteries for the whole raid. People will rather make ele shamans do the off-healing in the future. If there is any ele shamans anyway, enh shamans are so much better.

think most just gave up, after 4 years with no new heals or new INTERESTING ways of play its really time to start looking at a fun way to heal.

Sacred Shield is dull as hell and it didnt fix anything, its not healing anyone and not sorting out any AoE issues, or generally somethign fun to use.

Bacon is nice and all but it all it does is enhance your age old healspells, it got old after a few packs into my first WotL dungeon, Utgarde.

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.