Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A demon raid spec [What do you think?]

Hey peeps

I have been thinking alot lately over a demon PvE spec, and I have come up with this:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...21500135230351

It's a fire spec with imp out and immolate + incenerate.
    What do you think, or is it just not useful at all? :P

Deleted

Re: A demon raid spec [What do you think?]

interesting,

but i think your Imp will do less dps than an affliction UA or Corruption

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgar
    interesting,

but i think your Imp will do less dps than an affliction UA or Corruption
    the imps dps isnt that great but his overall damage is actually high by the end of a fight

Looks cool, but think I would put my money where my felguard is tbh.

I would go for the felguard instead, but else it looks good

Pretty good build but imp is not the demon to go if your going full demon spec. If you go all the way Demo then get FG. Heres my build that ima use:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...21500135231351

It has demonic brutality since its way better now along w/ master conjurer since the stones are finally worthwile.

id get corr talent and felguard as he shouldnt really die due to you healing him for 15% dmg you do and 80% aoe avoidence so dont see him dieing much

Personally I'd go for something like this.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...01500135131050

Devastation is better than Metamorphosis for damage and the extra crit will help to keep Demonic Pact up. I can't say for sure about if Fel Synergy and Master Conjuror would need more points but it will be a while before these go live...

Does davastation make ur pet crit more?

Chin up lil pup.

That was the spec I came with?

Personally, I'm a fan of http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...01500135031351
    Though in terms of total dps Tsujigiri might have a point with devastation. In any case, I would definitely not recommend demo specc with imp out ;_; felguard's melee and cleave are going to constitute quite a large chunk of your overall dps.

i would presume a destro pve lock would utilize the imp.
    So, a demo lock should utilize his/her... talented demon.

I was thinking along the lines of:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...21500135230351

The only issue is im unsure whether it'd be more beneficial to not bother with demonic empathy and take intensity+destructive reach (and lose a point in molten core)

Had any of you guys actually tested their dps? at lvl 70 on my current lock (which is only about karazhan lvl geared with a couple of brutal) on beta i did an imp centric spec and a felguard centric spec...the felguard was cleaving two target dummies and still had lower dps then the imp. Also, the more important utility of the imp is that he tended to keep up the raid buff longer, especially with his empowerment being +20% crit chance. for those curious, he was clocking 320 dps by himself with coe on the dummy over roughly 420 secs (7 mins, ussually how long it would take for him to oom with me feeding him mana with 1 point of mana feed and then running outta hp =P). This is with relatively gimp lvl 70 gear. To top it off, with the new raid stacking buffs, if theres not a warrior in the group for commanding shout (which may actually be the case in many 10 mans with the other 3 tanks being more viable now) the imp is the way to go for a large raid wide hp (unless the fight has a mechanic such that he can't survive the fight).

Note all of the builds posted here require level 80, the numbers are off at 70 since it was all designed with level 80 in mind.

In a raid situation the Felguard will do more dps then the imp. This is because of all the buffs that now effect pets and the fact that the imp will be OOM in around 1~2 minutes (and once he does his dps drops like a rock)...

Quote Originally Posted by Emcee
    Had any of you guys actually tested their dps? at lvl 70 on my current lock (which is only about karazhan lvl geared with a couple of brutal) on beta i did an imp centric spec and a felguard centric spec...the felguard was cleaving two target dummies and still had lower dps then the imp. Also, the more important utility of the imp is that he tended to keep up the raid buff longer, especially with his empowerment being +20% crit chance. for those curious, he was clocking 320 dps by himself with coe on the dummy over roughly 420 secs (7 mins, ussually how long it would take for him to oom with me feeding him mana with 1 point of mana feed and then running outta hp =P). This is with relatively gimp lvl 70 gear. To top it off, with the new raid stacking buffs, if theres not a warrior in the group for commanding shout (which may actually be the case in many 10 mans with the other 3 tanks being more viable now) the imp is the way to go for a large raid wide hp (unless the fight has a mechanic such that he can't survive the fight).

dont forget pets will get raid buffs as well

including WF totem haste for your felguard, leader of the pact, etc
    it will be interesting to see how well both pets scale in a raid and with new tiers of gear

I'd take the 2 points out of the demonic power and put them into either imp agony or imp corruption. You're going to be casting one of them to get your molten core to actually proc, so be nice to buff them, and the felguard is what you'll want out, not the imp. And if you're in a raid, it's most likely there will be either a affliction or destro lock around and both of those might have an imp too for the raid wide buffs.

The demo Spec I plan to go raiding with @ 80 (assuming i don't switch to healer for the sake of the raid) is this what i plan to go with:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...22503135231051

Alot of people prefer Demonic Empathy over Demonic Resilience but at this point I'd Rather take the extra Damage reduction over a temp 3% damage bonus until i know that the damage reduction won't be needed. After that SB spam FTW.

Druids: 50g away from being better at your job than you are.