Engeenering or bs as protwarr in wotlk

I tried to found a little about the 2 diffrent proffesions at wowhead today. Bs had 3 tank epics and engeenering had a 72 erpic head:S I would prefer being engeenering but if all i get is a bad ass hog who im sure some1 will make for every1else i rather take 3 epics and extra gemslots. So my real question is, what nice will you get that improve your gear in engeenering?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Engeenering or bs as protwarr in wotlk

i do believe the "badass hog" is BoE...

just read ur post thoroughly (im really tired), and you seem to know that already though...

when it comes down to it...unless the tier gear is not on par with the crafted gear (if ur raiding) then u wanna go after what gives you more. if the tier gear is better than the crafted, then the extra gem slots will give you a better benefit.

sadly, i still think engineering is for the pvp tricks.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Do both if you can!

nah, mining + 500 hp is imbah for tank : /

Aha, then for that keep mining.

Maybe go Smithing for the extra gem slots then, could be pretty good for tanking to stick an extra gem here and there to improve a certain lacking stat

Quote Originally Posted by Paj
    So my real question is, what nice will you get that improve your gear in engeenering?
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Paj
    nah, mining + 500 hp is imbah for tank : /
    +90 Stamina fur lining in Leatherworking is far more "imbah" (sic).
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    +90 Stamina fur lining in Leatherworking is far more "imbah" (sic).
    You're comparing a gatherer profesion with a crafter, the buffs are diferent. And all the crafter profesions get a only-for-them buff. Enchanter rings, BS sockets (what i think its prety nice for a Tank), JW especial gems.

So, I think mining + BS can be pretty nice for tank, as far as i know, than enginering.
    And it will be great if they confirm the meta socket in chest for Amorsmith.

I'm quite aware of that. I'm saying that 90 Stamina is vastly stronger than 500 Health, if all you care about is the stats.

And again, Engineering provides basically no tangible benefits whatsoever.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    I'm quite aware of that. I'm saying that 90 Stamina is vastly stronger than 500 Health, if all you care about is the stats.

And again, Engineering provides basically no tangible benefits whatsoever.
    That may be true for a feral druid,

however an extra meta gem the second effect after the stamina or defense, such as 2percent spell dmg reduction, or the boost to BV or Armor Value is better than the extra stamia,.

You get 2 sockets no one else does, and how much is the epic stm gems for wrath? 20 somthing? 20 + 20 + 32 & BV, or Sp dmg reduction > 90 stm alone.

Also as feral the drums are usless bc in 10 and 25mans they are raid wide and do not stack. You will need skinnking to make it work well, and while crit is not bad it isnt that great for a tank over stamia.

So you will still need to pick up mining. for the 50 stamina, which for tanks is more than 500 health.

Also any BoP craftable gear is then available for tanks. Such as the lvl 75 superioir plate craftables for tanking and healing.

In conclusion, while yes it is 90 stamina its only about a net gain of 20 stamina, and the meta gem effect if you are a armorsmith. Plus the synergy with mining over having mining and LWing. Then the BoP or Boe Crafted items you can wear and sale.

Also the belt buckle will be then be a good source of income for Blacksmithins.

And to answer the orginal post, BS > Enginering, if you want to progression tank and be one of the first in new content. Def BS and Mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo

So you will still need to pick up mining. for the 50 stamina, which for tanks is more than 500 health.
    I think they changed it from Stamina to a flat amount of 500 Health, if I m not mistaken. Still its good

Quote Originally Posted by Flautze
    I think they changed it from Stamina to a flat amount of 500 Health, if I m not mistaken. Still its good
    Yea, i think 50 stamina would be alot for a feral druid in dire bear xD

And ty for your answers. I've started leveling bs now and it sucks >.< but whatever i got one moth left : )

I will stick to BS+ JC . so i can add my extra sockets and boost them with the unique gems to compensate the looses of stam which i may get if i would have taken lw or mining.

WotLK blue grade gems are 24stam. (I wish there was a beta armory : )

So far I can confirm sockets for bracers and gloves are BoP to the Blacksmith. Belt Socket item anyone can apply. Have not see top rank Armorsmithing yet (I'm at 430 Blacksmithing at the moment....still need a Frakton more titanium and saronite).

I have seen people showing off Epic tank Shields, Pants and Chest. I've seen some nice Ret/DPS War gear as well.

Once I hit 450 I'll decide if I switch to Weaponsmithing for the Weapon or if I get as good through drops/quests in heroics.

My protection warrior will be able to shoot rockets from her gloves. That's enough for me.