Poll: Why do you do arenas?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

I play arena because...

It's a simple question...I just want to know what the general consensus on the issue is.

Edit: Ooooh yeah....by putting "I think arena is fun," that means that you would still do it even if there was no reward (i.e. gear sets).

15+ Year Old Account

Re: I play arena because...

There needs to be the option of acquiring PvP gear on par with arena gear that is locked out of arena use. I've heard a lot of people say how sick of arena they have got after four seasons. Maybe it will be good at level 80 and we can enjoy it again. But non-arena PvP gear would be a nice option.

Gaiwyn of Proudmoore
    For the Alliance!

I love arena, only part of the game that keeps me playing.

I agree there should be welfare gear, but w/e this will make the rating system work better, instead of the same skill lvl from 1700-2200.

I changed the poll a little for clarity..

Quote Originally Posted by truant19
    I agree there should be welfare gear, but w/e this will make the rating system work better, instead of the same skill lvl from 1700-2200.
    This. I'm tired of fighting people with Brutal weapon in 1700 because they're "helping a friend".

Yeah, I think that is one of the biggest pain points many face is the re-rolls that do it to see how quickly they can blast up to their old rank. There are some problems with the system, but over all I really enjoyed the challenge it presented by taking a non-cookie cutter comp and running with it and breaking 1850 to get my s3 weps. But otherwise, there were times when it was really frustrating.

Hopefully the persistent arena rating will help with the match ups. I know for a lot of people, if you did not make progress in s3, you are suffering bad in s4.

Yeah hopefully the new system will make arena more fun. Cuz it kinda sux to face full brutal geared players already at around 1700, wich happens all the time.
    If you'r not first you'r last

I'm more of a BG person, Arathi and EotS preferably. I do like arena if I stand a chance against my opponent, e.g. we got similar equipment. If I'm in my S2 gear and have to fight a double glaive rogue that got S4 shoulders on a 1650 rating I could just /afk, result of the match would be the same.

I would love arena equivalent gear that is obtainable from BGs, just make it available through maybe rep or something. Like you'll have to be 2000/9999 Exalted to buy the pants and 5000/9999 Exalted to buy the chest and so on.

That way getting this gear would be harder and more of an accomplishment than jumping every 4 minutes in AV for a couple weeks.

Oh yes, I'm a casual player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freitag
    botting is a exploit/cheat, don't do that! or else kickboxing nagas will kill you. and your familie and if you had freinds they would die too. maybe they will kill your guildmates or F-list. dunno much about those nagafreaks.
    Hell yeah.

Deleted

Hm, my vote is wrong >.<(voted for gear)

I am a bg person myself, S2 was my last serious season, S3/4 just for gear.