Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Reason why druid's are awesome tank/dps now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrowler
    Target dummy are alway from the front, feral druids do it from behind.
    stand behind the dummy and you can shred, so i dont know what your on about....

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    and you are raiding with 1 tank in 25 man content?

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZxGGsfrzceRc0zAo0Ec0b

this.

erm, yeah, to OoC: tell me - if you have enough rage, which is guaranteed on 99,99% of all bosses - how many autoattacks do you actually do in bearform?
    I like your spec but I'm not sure I'd forgo Infected Wounds just to increase my cat form DPS. I also wouldn't waste 5 points trying to get Master Shapeshifter when 4% damage is a laughable increase for that number of points. Take out of Shredding Attacks and NS/MS and go for Infected Wounds and Predatory Instincts (the aoe damage reduction is the only thing that doesn't work in bear form; the crit damage still helps with threat). King of the Jungle is always an option too.

Also, while you may have more than one tank in a 25-man, that doesn't necessarily mean you're attacking the same mob, or even tanking the mob close to them. Therefore, Infected Wounds is very necessary.

And while I agree that you won't be getting a lot of auto attacks in bear form, OoC is only 1 point and it's a very hard to beat 1-point talent. There really isn't a lot of other places you could put that talent point that would put it to better use.

My tank spec: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZxGGscrzceRcIzAo0E0z
    My DPS spec: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZxGMsfrz0eR0huAobEczb
    And for good measure
    PvP spec: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZxGMsfbdbxRhIuVo0Eczb

15+ Year Old Account

good point. if this you-can-have-2-specs-and-switch-between-without-paying-50g-feature is really going live, i will take (at start) bear and cat build. seems to be fair. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    good point. if this you-can-have-2-specs-and-switch-between-without-paying-50g-feature is really going live, i will take (at start) bear and cat build. seems to be fair. ^^
    Whether or not it will be free to swap the 2 specs is not known yet, but it definitely is going live. They're unveiling it at BlizzCon.

nref durids

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?

Quote Originally Posted by fluks
    I'm able to keep atleast a 4pt rip up all the time and mangle + rake up. I shred when able to.
    What am I doing wrong?
    More DoTs! C'mon C'mon. More DoTs! STOP DoTs!

Quote Originally Posted by raphi
    i'm not talking about speccing in single tank spec or single dps spec ... I'm talking about BOTH at the same time ... isn't it the best thing feral can bring to a raid? Awesome tanking and great dps when not tanking ? I'm not disagreeing with any of you ... But i'mnot wasting my 2 specs for 1 feral tank and 1 feral dps ... i ll go FERAL and Resto or Oomkin ... What is great with feral is that you can do 2 things at the same time ... and doing them good ... and that's the only good point about feral ... Our tanking is not better or worst than any other tank class ... and our dps will be about 90% of a rogue (That's what blizzard is trying to do right now) ... Why Should i spec in "tank only" or "dps only" when i can spec for both ?

I doubt Infected wound will work on all End-game raid boss ... we ll see ..
    You're either very misinformed or you're not a great reader. It seems like english isn't your first language, so I'll give you a break.

The whole idea of the feral tree being so bloated was so that we had to choose between being a good cat and being a good bear. We will no longer tank as well as other tank classes AND do 90% of a rogue's damage at the same time. That's the point in specializing. When the expansion was originally announced and they hinted at the dual-spec thing, I had your thought: Hey! I'll have feral and then I scan swap to moonkin or resto at will if I want to! Unfortunately, this didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlejuice
    What makes you people allways think this is a buff? If at all it is a nerf. Druid high end itemisation was very good for hybrids. Badge and Tx loot was great for dps AND tanking, the only slots that you had to swap out was trinkets rings and cloak. And you will still have to swap out trinkets and rings, even more importaint now that there is more than one good ac trinket and with the loss of ac on armor these slots got more significance. So you win a cloak slot and a little less work to get your +hit together but you loose more than half of your mana pool. And with tranquility 70% base mana, rebirth 68% base mana and combat forms 35% base mana beeing the spells a hybrid casts the most this will be a real pain. And i don't see the new mana reg talent helping much, 8% mana of nothing on a 6 sec internal cooldown won't do, especially if you can hardly shift back to form after casting 2 spells.
    Yes and no, the Imp LotP is actually 8% of your TOTAL mana, not base, so it's not as bad as you think (and I thought at first). 3 LotP procs (18 seconds) will give you enough mana back for 2 shifts if you are spec'd into NS (and if you are spec'd PvP or PvE DPS you should have it; tanks don't need to shift), so it'll be alright. However, I agree with you on the other spells. There should be a talent or something that reduces spell cost for ferals, because we can only heal a fraction of what we could heal before, and with less mana, so this will be what kills us in the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrowler
    Target dummy are alway from the front, feral druids do it from behind.
    As Alski said, u can shred when u stand behind the dummy. But even so, it doesn't really help me understand how some druids in here are able to do 1800 DPS when I got above average gear and only do 1030 DPS. I could always get a few more agi here and there but I really don't see that increasing my DPS by 800 :P

people either have a magic button to push that I dont have or they're full of bullsh*t.
    I'd really like to see a screenie and they're armory

Quote Originally Posted by fluks
    I'm not able to push out more than 1030 DPS on lvl70 dummies at PTR atm. Full feral-dps specced with OoC and I'm fully epic-geared with top-notch enchants and mostly blue gems. Also 2xt4 ofc..

I'm able to keep atleast a 4pt rip up all the time and mangle + rake up. I shred when able to.
    What am I doing wrong?
    I'm still a bit hesitant about using rake...have you tried a rotation that doesn't use it? Try what you're doing, but keep Rake out and use Tiger's Fury only when you can make full use of the 60 energy (which should be easy to accomplish every 30 seconds).

Also, what spec are you using?