Thread: Warlock PvE DPS

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warlock PvE DPS

I just wanted to take some opinions from the community about the expected state of warlock DPS PvE come the patch, as well as at level 80. Since it should be going live soon we should have the appropriate data available. Obviously being able to provide stats to back up your opinions would be best, but I welcome all viewpoints. Please say which general spec you are using if you get that detailed.

So what do you think?

Re: Warlock PvE DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Phage0070
    I just wanted to take some opinions from the community about the expected state of warlock DPS PvE come the patch, as well as at level 80. Since it should be going live soon we should have the appropriate data available. Obviously being able to provide stats to back up your opinions would be best, but I welcome all viewpoints. Please say which general spec you are using if you get that detailed.

So what do you think?
    Apparently affliction is OP, ready to be nerfed. Destro more or less inline, and demo seems to need a bit of a DPS buff (or several other specs a nerf).

Check Shadowpriest.com simulator and also the beta forum. Some raiding parses, but more datapoints are needed.

yep i did the cast rotation so that UA and corruption enver go down and keep at the max cap for that ascending damage from everlasting affliction. its just so dirty especially if you use CoD and have as much crit and damage as you can stack lol.

WTF are you talking about, there is no ascending damage from everlasting affliction, the dots are constant.

thats caster DPS only, so it's not a fully relevant comparison ...

but yeah, affliction looks really good right now, and destruction looks fine. demonology is gimped as always, but it's not as much of a joke as it used to be.

15+ Year Old Account

The closest in time is a spec as lv70 and im as lost as everyone else. Got pretty good gear, 1697 spelldamage raidbuffed, 30% crit, 271 haste but from what i can tell today is that destro is kinda based around a pet to be nice but since 61 talentpoints wont let you get all the nice pet talents i guess destro is not the best option at lvl 70?

So that leaves affliction or affliction ruin and there im really lost, no clue what would be the best.

So if someone wanne spam some builds it would be nice. Guess I need to go affliction in one form or another with 61 talents but if im wrong just yell and slap me with a talent
    (pref ppl who played PTR so they know how the spells actually produce and not just whats on paper)
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

That's a simulator program for optimal conditions, I doubt you can copy that kind of performance in a bossfight, affliction rotation is simply to punishing on wotlk.

@ Bakis: Use the calculator on the left of the screen, I'd stay destro to avoid headaches.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

This spec took me 30 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    The closest in time is a spec as lv70 and im as lost as everyone else. Got pretty good gear, 1697 spelldamage raidbuffed, 30% crit, 271 haste but from what i can tell today is that destro is kinda based around a pet to be nice but since 61 talentpoints wont let you get all the nice pet talents i guess destro is not the best option at lvl 70?

So that leaves affliction or affliction ruin and there im really lost, no clue what would be the best.

So if someone wanne spam some builds it would be nice. Guess I need to go affliction in one form or another with 61 talents but if im wrong just yell and slap me with a talent
    (pref ppl who played PTR so they know how the spells actually produce and not just whats on paper)
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=IcZbZVchqr0uAsAf0t this is what i'd go for if i wanted to go destro in 3.0. you need suppresion, because you want a shadow dot up all the time for molten core (which procs nonstop and is great btw.), and empovered imp/improved imp are a waste without master demo and empowerement, and after the empovered imp nerf. also, theres quite a bit of aoe in SWP fights, and im really unsure about the survivability of the pet at lvl 70.

affliction wise ... http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=Ifxr0zrAoVAo0sZZE00V. it looks solid, but you wont get threat reduction, which could cause problems. same goes for range increase. also, you could swap nightfall for something and get the glyph of corruption which pretty much does the same (not sure if they stack), but there isnt anything better to pick anyway, so rather pick a better glyph...

in my opinion, destro looks better at 70,

Just throwing this out there because it looks good on paper and i can't check in beta, but

35/21/15 seems like it has great potential. Great shadow dmg multiplier, high dmg corruptions with the nice chance at 20% haste to your SBs, which have the full effect of ruin. I really wish i could simulate this but i dont know a site with any good simulaters for beta.

People are using SB to proc molten core, improved imp gives more utility and dps than supression for destro.

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    People are using SB to proc molten core, improved imp gives more utility and dps than supression for destro.
    are you kidding? you wanna proc something that has a 15 percent proc chance with a shadow bolt, as fire destro?

molten core gets pretty essential, one GCD on corruption is better then spamming SB (with all the fire talents) and hoping for a proc. do the math.

if you wanna go for improved imp, go for it. all you will get from it is a dead imp, thats just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by cestrs
    are you kidding? you wanna proc something that has a 15 percent proc chance with a shadow bolt, as fire destro?

molten core gets pretty essential, one GCD on corruption is better then spamming SB (with all the fire talents) and hoping for a proc. do the math.

if you wanna go for improved imp, go for it. all you will get from it is a dead imp, thats just my opinion.

from beta

my imp goes OOM long before it even comes close to dying
    its damage on firebolts is also just under what my corruption ticks hit for not including the firebolt crits

ive tried both using corr and rotating sbs into my rotation for dps... corruption so far is slightly under the sbolt damage (using sbolts after conflag)

havent tried it recently though.. ill have to put my druid on hold and go try corruption again

so mortuarius from what youve seen is 3 shadowbolts or 2 shadowbolts and a chaos best after conflag? been wondering about this :P
    s4 gladiator - 2v2(lock/dodo) and 3v3(shadowplay)
    s5 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/rogue) and 3v3(rmp)
    s6 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/hunter) INCOMING!!

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC

from beta

my imp goes OOM long before it even comes close to dying
    its damage on firebolts is also just under what my corruption ticks hit for not including the firebolt crits

ive tried both using corr and rotating sbs into my rotation for dps... corruption so far is slightly under the sbolt damage (using sbolts after conflag)

havent tried it recently though.. ill have to put my druid on hold and go try corruption again
    what kinda encounters did you try it on?

how much did the molten core proc from the shadow bolts?
    i mean, does the shadow bolt dmg make up for the time when it doesnt proc? as in, does it provide more dps then an incinierate with molten core up AND all the bonus dmg molten core would give you on your next incinerates (until you cast SB again)?

Quote Originally Posted by Kheldar
    so mortuarius from what youve seen is 3 shadowbolts or 2 shadowbolts and a chaos best after conflag? been wondering about this :P
    Ive been doing 2 sbolts, most of the time ive been pretty lucky with molten procs but if my imp procs EI and i end up with imp sbolt buff up ill throw in a 3rd sbolt

granted i havent spent a whole lot of time testing because i have too many damn main chars i want to play around with. but ill check it again this week and see if it still beats out corruption for molten procs

ppl are so concerned with all the points you put into improving fire damage and say no to sbolts but forget that sbolt is still a better scaling nuke than incin and also still benefits from S&F

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    Ive been doing 2 sbolts, most of the time ive been pretty lucky with molten procs but if my imp procs EI and i end up with imp sbolt buff up ill throw in a 3rd sbolt

granted i havent spent a whole lot of time testing because i have too many damn main chars i want to play around with. but ill check it again this week and see if it still beats out corruption for molten procs

ppl are so concerned with all the points you put into improving fire damage and say no to sbolts but forget that sbolt is still a better scaling nuke than incin and also still benefits from S&F
    from what i tried in beta (on both a 70 and 80 chars) i havent been as lucky as you. i really disliked not having molten core proc in the 3 SBs i generally did during backdraft. the way molten core was up nonstop and pretty much rewriting itself with coruption was cute. also the numbers and math i did seemed like leaving SB out completely provided me with more dps. imp procs are another thing. maybe i was unlucky there again, but getting a crit once out of three times imp procced didnt seem oh so amazing.

but then again i might be wrong. feel free to correct me.

also, how do you fit improved SB into a lvl 70 spec?

Quote Originally Posted by cestrs
    from what i tried in beta (on both a 70 and 80 chars) i havent been as lucky as you. i really disliked not having molten core proc in the 3 SBs i generally did during backdraft. the way molten core was up nonstop and pretty much rewriting itself with coruption was cute. also the numbers and math i did seemed like leaving SB out completely provided me with more dps. imp procs are another thing. maybe i was unlucky there again, but getting a crit once out of three times imp procced didnt seem oh so amazing.

but then again i might be wrong. feel free to correct me.

also, how do you fit improved SB into a lvl 70 spec?
    imp SB was on my 80 build... at 70 i didnt bother

If your build doesn't have bane, don't post it.
    This user has been banned.