15+ Year Old Account

Re: Elemental Shaman PvP build

What do _you_ think of: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...00000000000000

J/K.

I would shift the points from Elemental Weapons to Improved Shields, and possibly reduce Storm Reach to 1/2 points and put the extra point into Shamanistic Focus, since you will be shocking frequently.

Since I've never played a shaman in PvP, I can't say from experience what is good and what is not, but from the looks of things, those talents are fine.

Gaiwyn of Proudmoore
    For the Alliance!

yea ive been full ele on my shaman from lvl 10. The imp sheilds wont do much since in pvp you wont be using them cause chances are they wont even make a diff XD.
    mana reduction isnt a big thing since im not a hardcore arena but if you are then yea shamanistic focus all the way.

Deleted

I wouldn't say I am good at pvp, but, http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...00000000000000 is what I use at lvl 70. (no lava burst, that's why related talents not taken)

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...00000000000000 is for lvl 80. Not much of a difference, just added the lava burst related ones.

Why no totem of wrath? Because it's a fire totem. I usually use magma totem to try to flush rogues out, and having a searing totem up to add just that tiny bit dps into the fight also helps. Flametongue totem is also just as useful for increasing my spellpower momentarily.

Guardian totems gives me shorter CD on grounding totem, this is an absolute must.

Elemental weapons increases the effectiveness of flametongue weapon, ie. it means you get more spellpower. Not a must, but very useful in my opinion.

Shamanistic focus reduces the cost of shocks by a whopping 45%. Absolute must.

I see many don't take full points in reverberation, but I like to take full points in it. It helps against other casters to have as short CD on earth shock as possible. Grounding totem + earth shock means it's hard to get anything else than instant casts at you.

You don't need Eye of the Storm for PvP? Don't even want to comment on the rest.

are you mad you do need eye of the storm the best spec for 80 arena is by far the below:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...00000000000000

eye of the storm without it all mele classes rape us i have been a PVP elemental shaman sinsec pre bc so all these people saying you need improve flame tounge and soo dont listen!!! that move is completen waste of points as with imp sheilds with those three points you go in elemntal sheilds or unrelating storm! i see people doing things like scipping thunderstorm ..OMG that is a amazing unique move.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyDraenei
    Terrible Imo go resto instead plus imp fire nova totem lulz

The above build is probably one of the worst I have ever seen so far, in regards to PvE AND PvP.

Three main things you completely missed:

1.You will need the 3 points in Elemental Precision, thats 3% hit you dont need to fill in with gear.
    2.With the change to Spell pushback, you dont need but 1 point in EotS. Anything more is a waste
    3.With those 2 extra points, depending on your situation, put them in Elemental Weapons, Elemental Shields or Elemental Warding.

or

those are the builds I believe would work best. Possibly moving those 2 points from Elemental Warding and Elemental Weapons to Elemental Shields for Arena.
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

No respectable PVP spec lacks points in elemental shields and elemental warding. those are some of our juiciest pvp talents.

Elemental shaman's role in arena is durability.

Lava flows is garbage for pvp , as well as ToW. Especially in arena. Same with elemental oath. You don't rely on crit based talents in arena, you rely on survivability and sustainability.

The only real debate I see for elemental pvp specs is what to put points in, in enhance. things like earth's grasp, guardian totems, anticipation, and hell even toughness if someone really wanted it.

there are just some things in elemental that are non negotiable for arena, and thats anything that reduces damage or prevents cc trumps anything that uses crits.

crit as a whole, even in pve is a terrible damage stat. the only reason ele shams bother with crit in general is for the mana efficiency concept. EMCL is nice because its gauranteed, regardless of resilience, and same with the LvB combo, but LvB still not worth talenting, especially in upper tier arena.

Quote Originally Posted by topfer
    crit as a whole, even in pve is a terrible damage stat.
    That may hold true for PvP, but not PvE, You have to have at least 30% crit raid buffed to do respective DPS at all. Plus the majority of our damage is crit damage, so no, crit is not a terrible damage stat for PvE, its equally important as spellpower/haste/hit.
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

Quote Originally Posted by topfer
    crit as a whole, even in pve is a terrible damage stat. the only reason ele shams bother with crit in general is for the mana efficiency concept. EMCL is nice because its gauranteed, regardless of resilience, and same with the LvB combo, but LvB still not worth talenting, especially in upper tier arena.
    OMG you are the dumbest ele shaman i have ever heard talk are U MAD NO CRIT!!! elemental shaman without crit = massive fail in arena the whole idea is we run out and nuke the fuck out of the oppisition have u ever even played a shaman my rating on my shaman is 2315 with a BM hunter if i had no crit we would be more like 1525. CRIT is elemental i will give you a example, warrio comes towards you he charges u frost shock (crits 2k) followed buy earthbind and firenova(crits 1200) gain distance Em-Cl (crit 3k) NS-LB(2.5k crit) and oo they on nearlly 30% health and easy to finish all done in the space of 10secs!!! no with no crit chance like if you had 25% for example would be more like FS(1200) EM-CL (3K) NS-LB(1.5k) ...warrio kills you we NEED AT LEAST 35% CRIT TO DO ANYTHING IN ARENA OR BGS so pls can no more noob people post on these formums who have no idea what they are talking about!

No, actually I'm not mad, I just know the class better than you.

I currently have 300 haste, and 15-17% crit from gear (25-30% buffed), and I have zero problems sustaining 1400-1500 dps without wearing a single piece of tier 6. With a shadowpriest in my group, I do even more and have very little mana problems, if any.

Haste is by far our best stat. Spell damage is the next best stat. Crit is only there for mana efficiency, it's a TERRIBLE DPS STAT.

Here's why: Lightning overload. Crit has a negligible impact on lightning overload. Haste dps increases are directly proprotional to increases in LO's effect, since there is no cooldown on the proc. Faster lightning bolts means more chances at LO procs.

Go to the shaman forums on the wow site and look for the gear list for elemental shaman, or the elitist jerks page on ele shaman and see how they rate equivalency points between haste, damage , and crit.

Go on, I dare you. I'll know if you have or not based on your reply.

read and learn:

WEIGHTS
    =======
    Here is the weight given to various stats. These are my own values, based heavily on Binkenstein's stat comparisons.
    Stam 0.2
    Int 0.333
    Spirit 0.0375
    Spell Damage 1
    Crit Rating 0.666
    Hit Rating 0.0
    mp5 0.625
    Haste 1.25

taken from:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...54667105&sid=1

Yes! a shaman that knows the value of haste. Haste effects us and scales with elemental better than any other specline simply because of lightning overload. we get more out of haste than any other class / spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazerie
    lolwrong
    haste haste haste haste haste and more haste
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...horn&n=Morrign
    you want to literaly shit haste.

I agree completely haste is one of the most important ele shaman aspects. you can get crit up with food and other nick nacks in a raid but cant get haste up but with afew items.

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?

PLS READ THE TITLE IT SAYS PVP now in pvp crit is better than haste!
    so can all you tards stop going aww haste is so good in pve