Poll: Which non-existant glyph would you like?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Poll: Glyphs for abilities that have none yet, what would you like?

Glyph of shadow form

Reduces the mana cost of shadow form by 90% but reduces the physical damage reduction of shadow form to 5%

makes shadow form a lot more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by 2OfDiamonds
    you could have it heal 15% more and lose 1 charge, the current PoM glyph adds one charge.. but in my experience it hardly ever jumps more than 3 times unless everyone is taking damage. it usually settles on someone not taking any damage/shielded/immune and its wasted.

dropping 1 charge would mean a 20% reduction, if you then increase the heal by 20% it would not be any choice for alot of priests, they would take this over anything in an instance, provided they heal ofcourse. 15% seems a nice amount, but thats just me, i think this is something similar to the renew glyph.
    1 less charge does mean a 20% reduction but adding 20% increase does not even equal the amount lost... like i said if each PoM charge was 1000 (good number to use) then 5 charges is 5k and losing 1 charge will drop it to 4k difference of 1k... now if you add 20% to each charge you only increasing it by 200 each charge. so 4 charges only increases it by 800 you still lose 200 form the initial lost of 1k from the 5th charge. you need an increase of 25% to break even. now if this 25% is in a form of heal over time or directly effecting the amount healed i personally dont care. between the two choices i was thinking longevity, effectiveness and usefulness which a heal over time would work, because if the inital heal from PoM does an over heal at least the heal over time will help if the target is taking any further damage.

Quote Originally Posted by MaritnR
    Glyph of shadow form

Reduces the mana cost of shadow form by 90% but reduces the physical damage reduction of shadow form to 5%

makes shadow form a lot more interesting.
    90% is asking for to much maybe 10% /10%

Quote Originally Posted by 2OfDiamonds
    now thats some braincrunching! i think i love them all..

wunderbar!
    Thanks, I tried to make the glyphs make sense for the spells For example, making Vampiric Touch instant and shorter range, or making binding heal split damage. Or Mind Blast cause casting effects like mana burn or slower casting (I mean you did just blast their mind...)

Obviously the ones with many listings are just different suggestions for the same spell.

@Swiftly - Difference about the PoM charges is that you would be getting a more likely bonus against a less likely penalty. The first guy Mending is cast on should have a 95+ (100% to be honest) chance of proccing, but each time after that it increases the likelyhood to land on someone who just took a bit of random damage and wont be damaged again for 10-15 seconds (by which you should have recast mending).

And the shadowform thing I think is to allow "Swiftshifting" for priests.

Glyph of Shadow Form - Lowers the Global Cool Down of Shadow Form by .5 Seconds. When shadow form is removed, the cost of Shadowform is reduced by 50% for 30s.

Would allow a shadowpriest to drop out and heal a few times, and go back to shadow without as significant a penalty.

Major glyph:

Your Penance spell now channels for 3 seconds, but heals for 10% less each second.

Quote Originally Posted by derevka
    Major glyph:

Your Penance spell now channels for 3 seconds, but heals for 10% less each second.
    the penance channel is currently 2 seconds, with 3 ticks (at 0, 1 and 2 seconds) do you mean to add another tick and increase it to 3 seconds with 4 ticks? this would open up a scenario where you cast 1-2 GH, a penance, a renew on a target or refreshing one, and repeat. i dunno if i find that desirable.

Glyph of Shadowform: When shifting in shadowform, your next offensive spells mana cost is reduced by X, when shifting out of shadowform, your next defensive spells mana cost is reduced by X.

X can be cast time (replace mana cost ofc, maybe add haste rating) or any balanced percentage.

Dispersion : Duration of the "Silenceeffect" reduced to 3s

i don´t know, which glyph i would create, but i think something, that would restore some extra mana would be nice.

like the judgement of retripaladins; combinated with mind blast

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    Dispersion : Duration of the "Silenceeffect" reduced to 3s

or health regen restored....

For PvE i would prefer undo the silence effect rather than the health regen^^

Glyph of Shadowform

Cannot be snared or stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by hannibaal
    Glyph of Shadowform

Cannot be snared or stunned.

they will never EVER give this ability to anyone, you make it sound as though this is permanent (shift into shadowform, no more stuns/snares ever ).

the idea is solid, you want some defensive capabilities, well theres other options besides this glyph, and more viable ones at that.

glyph of shadowform
    attacks made against you have a chance to fear the attacker for 2 seconds; attacks made by you have a chance to refresh your fade cooldown.

simple, elegant, and probably overpowered, but this would be awesome

Binding Heal - Next damaging attack against either caster or healed target is split evenly between Priest and Target
    Glyph of Shadow Form - Lowers the Global Cool Down of Shadow Form by .5 Seconds. When shadow form is removed, the cost of Shadowform is reduced by 50% for 30s.
    Vampiric Touch - If dispelled transfers 1000 mana from the dispeller to the caster

LOVE these 3.. Maybe the binding heal is abit OP but its damn sweet

The shadowform and VT is greta idears imo... Realy in love with em ^^
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

I know those arrent on the vote but I think this could be great for Holy DPSer like me :P

Holy Fire: Increase damage bonus from critical strike by 50%
    Smite(1): Chance on hit, cause the target to wander disoriented for up to 3 sec (or maybe stun)
    Smite(2): Increase damage done by X%
    Penance: Increase holy damage done by X% but reduce healing done by X%

id just like to comment this bit:

as you may have seen throughout the classes (thus far, unless i am mistaken) there have not been any glyphs added for 51 point talents. whether you would like them is irrelevant, as it looks there are gonna be none, asking for them is futile, focus your creative energies on stuff that might (unlikely as it may be) be picked up and put ingame.

glyph of mana burn: does .25 shadow dmg per mana burned but restores .25 mana for every shadow dmg you deal
    " "2: instant, deals no shadow dmg, drains x amount over 6 seconds with 8second cooldown.

glyph of pw:s: reduces weekend soul effect by 5 or 10 seconds,
    " "2: remove's weekend soul effect, mana cost increased 25%

bubble is really the key spell in the priests arsenal no matter what spec you are....and to have such a long lasting de-buff, and it being dispellable makes it really weak. op in lower lvls, but almost /laughable end game.

" "3: allows target (when hit) to still generate rage/rp as if he did not have pws

glyph of shadow fiend: returns 50% dmg dealt as health along with its mana regen

" "2: CD reduced 50%, mana regened -15%

I liked the idea with Spellpower boost after a Dispersion, would be cool in a glyph ^^

I've said it before, I'll say it again:
    Glyph of Penance: Your Penance heals refresh the duration of your Renew on the target.

It makes renew not only viable, but desirable for what disc is trying to do: Reduce impact of incoming damage/negate the health drop (limiting the push on the other healers.)
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I wish there was;

Glyph of mana burn; Mana burn returns 1.0% of amount burned for 10 seconds, if dispelled returns 5% of mana burned on dispell.

i wish there was;

Glyph of shadow fiend; your shadow fiend is no longer retarded and doesn't walk from player to player deciding on what to attack and then blow up do to lack of a.i.

i wish there was;

glyph of Pain Suppression;

for every damage you take Pain Suppression suppresses 5% more dmg. Stacks 3 times and increases duration by 1 second pegr stack.

i wish thre was;

glyph of i win;

when you 1% from death, you win.

Edit:

i wish there was;

glyph of dispersion; blizzard has decided to fix shadow 51 for glyphing this on your priest, and now works better then pally bubble.

i wish there was;

glyph of Power word: shield; if dispelled heals you for an amount = to absorption power left....OR....reduces weakend soul effect by 5 seconds.

15+ Year Old Account

Shadowform already has a glyph, called Glyph of Shadow.

Anyway, I would make:

Glyph of Dispersion (a): You also regenerate 6% health every second while dispersion is active.
    Glyph of Dispersion (b): You are no longer silenced while Dispersion is active, but you may only cast Holy and Discpline spells while it is active. (so you can heal yourself while dispersed).
    Glyph of Dispersion (c): When activated, Dispersion removes all harmful effects from you.

Glyph of Vampiric Embrace: While in Shadowform, you are healed for (15/20/25%, whatever your VE talented does) of the shadow damage you deal. (so basically VE is always active for every opponent)

Glyph of Vampiric Touch: Makes your Vampiric Touch instant, but removes the replenishment component from it.

Glyph of Fade: Same as improved Shadowform Talent fade bonus. Just so Holy and Disc priests can also get the root/snare breaker.

Glyph of Divine Hymn: Your divine hymn no longer heals friendly targets, but it also no longer shares a cooldown with psychic scream.

Glyph of Devouring Plague: Your devouring plague heals you for 100% of the damage it does, but increases the cooldown to 2 minutes.

Glyph of Inner Fire (changed): Your inner fire is undispellable.

Glyph of Circle of Healing (changed): removes the cooldown from Circle of Healing, but increases the manacost by 100%.

Glyph of Smite (changed): Your Smite critical hits deal 100% more damage (i.e. 200% damage instead of 150%)

Glyph of Mind Sear: Your mind sear may also be cast on friendly targets. (minor glyph)

You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!