Devouring Plague change

We increased the damage coefficient of Devouring Plague to be similar to other damage over time spells. We also lowered the base damage on ranks 7, 8, and 9 to partially compensate for better scaling.

Overall this will unquestionably be a buff to the spell's damage, but I wanted to state this clearly lest you just see the base damage in a future build and think we nerfed it.
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Re: Devouring Plague change

And a source link: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/6/10971...ue-change.html

Here's how to write it properly, using the forum formatting:

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We increased the damage coefficient of Devouring Plague to be similar to other damage over time spells. We also lowered the base damage on ranks 7, 8, and 9 to partially compensate for better scaling.

Overall this will unquestionably be a buff to the spell's damage, but I wanted to state this clearly lest you just see the base damage in a future build and think we nerfed it.

Ahh yes.. Thx

Edit: trying to write it your way
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Any chance they could make the healing component scale too?

this spell is freakin expensiv 9xx mana ... every 24s.. i hope they lower the mana cost ^^

did u miss the post saying all priests get DP and also the mana cost was greatly reduced?

mind seer is more expensive. I think at lvl 70 it'll be about 600 mana ish for DP. considering it's about 1100 now? (I'm NE so dunno exact mana cost right now)

Quote Originally Posted by Cleir
    did u miss the post saying all priests get DP and also the mana cost was greatly reduced?

mind seer is more expensive. I think at lvl 70 it'll be about 600 mana ish for DP. considering it's about 1100 now? (I'm NE so dunno exact mana cost right now)
    i know that... im talking about beta lvl 80. DP costs there 9xx mana and SW:P costs 7xx. Mind Seer is a "fun" Spell on trash,farming.
    On live , ud use this spell togheter with if--> no mana cost there..

i just told that coz yesterday on naxx 10 i couldnt cast dp coz i run out of mana.. yeah i know lolpremade low spirit/int gear. Ok it lasts 24s and sw only 18s.

Wahh :<