Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: WoTLK Shadow Priest Evaluation

Depends really, if you would take the talent that gives a +3% hit buff you also get an increase of damage on your base abilities. This allows you to skip some +hit rated gear and focus more on other stats.

For the priests, its just another +3% hit chance talented. For the rest of the raid, its useless cause they require to be hit capped > they shouldnt rely on having an SP in the raid with this ability.

People keep saying Shadow Weaving is going to give a 30% chance when you have 3 points in for your dots to not be dispelled and for Inner Fire to give you extra spell power......
    Can someone show me proff of this cause im not seeing it on the talent calculator.

Quote Originally Posted by preludemp1
    People keep saying Shadow Weaving is going to give a 30% chance when you have 3 points in for your dots to not be dispelled
    It's not

and for Inner Fire to give you extra spell power......
    Rank 8: 95 spellpower, http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=48040
    Rank 9: 120 spellpower, http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=48168

I would never go to a raid and not be already hit capped so the hit% buff is already redundant.
    Que?

We get 4% less hit, and we need 1% more than we allready got. So basicly we lack 5% more hit if we got 5/5 Shadow Focus today. (As I do).

If you mean other classes, then they'll design gear setups for Misery. I doubth we'll have a raid (25man) without a shadowpriest present.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyros
    Sorry, mate, you don't know what you're talking about if you think that Dispersion as it is right now is something good for PvE. My Shadowfiend regens more mana than 36%, it doesn't auto-silence me for 6 seconds, and even does dmg on his own, so some spriests actually use him to add a little to their DPS. It's a much better spell for mana regen and it's a spell you get from your trainer, not the final tier of the shadow tree.

sorry mate but i gotta laugh at that. plz show me the spriest pretty plz.

as for the OP, imo dispersion is neither good or bad, altho it could be better. we have to wait and see. and if u guys could still remember, the community trashed VT when it was 1st introduced, claiming it was totally useless. ironically, it was the main reason we were brought into raids in TBC. it was a class-defining ability.

the only reason i feel the spriest community are complaining is that dispersion is more of a "oh shi-" ability with greater emphasis in pvp. the regen is nice for pve but having a 51 points talent that can makes us do what we usually do in raids longer is kinda "meh".
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    i'd expect the US average to be something obese
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Irdaq/advanced

Spell Hit Caps in WotLK:

* 290 hit is the cap with 6 points between Shadow Focus and Misery
    * 315 hit before you can go to 5 points between Shadow Focus and Misery
    * 341 hit before you can go to 4 points between Shadow Focus and Misery
    * 368 hit before you can go to 3 points between Shadow Focus and Misery
    * 394 hit before you can go to 2 points between Shadow Focus and Misery
    * 420 hit before you can go to 1 point between Shadow Focus and Misery
    * 446 hit before you can go to 0 points between Shadow Focus and Misery

I would get hit capped before I go into any raid, and then go all spellpower
    and then haste, crit will come of itself tbh.

http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=16992

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by irdaq

sorry mate but i gotta laugh at that. plz show me the spriest pretty plz.
    *waves* I do. I only use shadowfiend as a dps increase. Mana is a non-issue these days with ~good equip. And believe it or not shadowfiend with bloodlust does good burst damage.

the only reason i feel the spriest community are complaining is that dispersion is more of a "oh shi-" ability with greater emphasis in pvp. the regen is nice for pve but having a 51 points talent that can makes us do what we usually do in raids longer is kinda "meh".
    The regen isn't needed in pve though. And while the oh shit part of the spell is nice it is only useful if you fuck up. So, Meh.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    *waves* I do. I only use shadowfiend as a dps increase. Mana is a non-issue these days with ~good equip. And believe it or not shadowfiend with bloodlust does good burst damage.
    It would be an issue if shadow fiend wouldn't return mana. I'm guessing you don't pop shadow fiend with a full manabar, so you are using it for manaregen.

The regen isn't needed in pve though. And while the oh shit part of the spell is nice it is only useful if you fuck up. So, Meh.
    [/quote]
    Dispersion manaregen isn't often needed, but I think it will be more useful in the future, when bossfights last over the 3-5min they do now.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Berner
    It would be an issue if shadow fiend wouldn't return mana. I'm guessing you don't pop shadow fiend with a full manabar, so you are using it for manaregen.

Dispersion manaregen isn't often needed, but I think it will be more useful in the future, when bossfights last over the 3-5min they do now.
    In most fights I pop the fiend as soon as I have a full stack of shadowweaving, because usually after 10-15 seconds into the fight we get bloodlust, so I have to pop it before that happens so it will also get the buff. Also in longer fights I can then use it again before the boss goes down.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Brakos, very well said!