Resto shamans still camping with mana problems?

as the topic says..... , from what i heard from people that were in beta , that resto shamans went oom kinda quick...

i wanna know if this is still a problem? , on beta or ptr? if anyone could bring some info i would be glad since il be resto on lvl 80

and if we still have mana probs , anyone has a suggestion in fixing them?

greetings dreetjuh

Re: Resto shamans still camping with mana problems?

bump.

If you are refering to the whines of some US failure shamna who said he got oom on Sapphiron at 80% or some priceless shaman who said he had trouble in Utgarde Keep, then dont worry.

If it was serious issues with mana, youd already see a pool of tears on this forum section as usual

^^ This.

Manage your mana, even just checking it once in awhile to mark your pace will keep you in the groove. Now if your DPSers are trashy, then it'll be like it always was.
    Trust the tale not the teller.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeila
    If you are refering to the whines of some US failure shamna who said he got oom on Sapphiron at 80% or some priceless shaman who said he had trouble in Utgarde Keep, then dont worry.

If it was serious issues with mana, youd already see a pool of tears on this forum section as usual
    Or a majority of the people in the forum section aren't in the beta or don't know how to gear or play their class, take a look at some of the resto shaman posts in the official beta forums where there's been several complaints of mana problems in level 80 raids.

Yes, resto shamans have mana issues, both in the cost of our heals and our mana regen. Unless you focus all your gear/gems/enchants into some form of mp5 you're going to have mana problems, even with a mana battery in the raid. When we're able to gear/gem/enchant the way we want and still have decent mana efficiency, meaning I can heal through an entire fight without a mana battery and not run out of mana half way through, then I'll agree that shamans don't have mana issues. You can't "pace" yourself when there's AOE damage going around, your tank's getting hit hard, or a combination of both, so a suggestion like that is simply irrelevent to the question.

As far as specific heals and talents.. Rip Tide + Chain Heal combo is less mana efficient than Chain Heal by itself, so Rip Tide's 25% bonus to Chain Heal is a waste. Healing Wave is less efficient than Chain Heal if it chains to atleast a second target, which makes Tidal Waves and Healing Way worthless talents. Lesser Healing Wave is like a gimped version of Flash of Light that's just as inefficient as Healing Wave. And using mana oils are a better choice than Earthliving Weapon because of its lack of mp5 and weak dot heal. As of right now, all our heals except Chain Heal are the most mana inefficient in the game I do believe. We were promised lowered mana costs, but I haven't seen anything, and Improved Water Shield still hasn't been reviewed even though it's a horrible talent that doesn't even begin to compare to Paladin's Illumination, just like our spell crit doesn't compare even though that's the general direction they're trying to push us.

You can tell me to "QQ more" or whatever, but it doesn't change the fact that currently the resto tree is horribly set up, shaman mana regen isn't good, our heals are inefficient and we have no choice of gear/gems/enchants because to last through an entire fight you need to stack mp5 whereas I'd rather stack haste for more HPS, considering every other class murders our HPS in the current beta build.

I think it's still question of numbers balance. Blizz working on it atm.
    As I know, priests have same problems atm, but dru and pala don't.

Yes, mana is still quite an issue for resto shaman. I've not played resto, but I've raided elemental, with resto shaman in the raid, and the discussion afterwards is that they're really having to be very strategic with their heals to feel effective, more or less make a difference. None of them are using LHW at all and are trying to be cluster healers to get the most out of chain heal.

HW and LHW aren't effective. the strong point of the restoshaman are ES and CH.
    CH right now scale very well with downranking. But i'm sure after 1 month raid ppl can handle the new non-spamming system. The real trouble of the shamans right now are on the elemental tree but blizzard moving in the right way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaavis
    And you didn't even address the fact that auto attacks do a lot better than wanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    Quick trade chat poll reveals that YOUR MOM is actually the hardest bossfight in WoW.

Ofc people struggle with mana if all they were used to was mindless CH spam all the time througout BC. Good shaman can manage his/her mana and adapt to the situation where you see that mana is gonna be an issue or not.

Heck, Ive seen 2 more or less equally geared shamans on Illidan phase 2 being totally different. One was oom, wasting heals into full health targets, mindlessly spamming it, while other one was managing his mana, healing smart and knew when to use a HW or LHW aswell.

It varies from player to player, and I am damn sure that some shamans on US forums are really overreacting.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zherod
    HW and LHW aren't effective. the strong point of the restoshaman are ES and CH.
    CH right now scale very well with downranking. But i'm sure after 1 month raid ppl can handle the new non-spamming system. The real trouble of the shamans right now are on the elemental tree but blizzard moving in the right way.
    LHW, with LHW glyph and IWS, and decent amount of crit is VERY nice spell for quick topping up. Especially if you have free Tidal Waves charge.

And IWS gives more mana (as percentage) when castin LHW than Illumination for palas.