Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: New Shaman Changes (10/06)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul
    To the contray, GC said that Lighting Bolt and Chain Lighting might be too good because their Coefficents are higher then most other spells.
    and that exactly, is not true.
    LB has nifty 0.71 coef, thats it, fireball has 1.15, SB and FrB are close to 1.0 with talents also. Cl even has only 0.57!
    and IF they say LB is TOO GOOD, how the hell could they buff even more Wrath, since it scales even better with castreducing talents?

good news from notes are:
    we finally can spec into storm reach for pve
    thunderstorm managain will be more wort it for both pve and pvp.

firenova totem is, after the resto talent, most changed talent, so i wont consider this as a buff, till it actually will stay for one week in one form.

bad news are:
    after GC said eleshaman is doing less damage than everyone else, they feel LB is still too powerfull, even tho it is, from all caster classes, main nuke with the lowest scalling from talents and doesnt match even balance druid or shadowpriest.
    SEF is still crap.
    several talents are still underbudgeted compared to other classes, which got their talent point reduced/already have them reduced (convection, unrelenting storm, elemental oath, totem of wrath, for starters)

but i really loled at "shaman are on par with other not broken dds" i guess only not broken dd casters is eleshaman, then?
    dunon what the hell is with their spreadsheets, but my guess is they still count LB with its tBC 0.79 coef and SS working for eleshaman.

I keep seeing everyone complaining about not being able to use all their SS charges, but in reality I think some of them SHOULD get used by the elemental and boomkins. I have no problem having extra charges for others to use if it boost the damage of the others as well. This is something that other classes still cannot provide unless I missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrar
    I keep seeing everyone complaining about not being able to use all their SS charges, but in reality I think some of them SHOULD get used by the elemental and boomkins. I have no problem having extra charges for others to use if it boost the damage of the others as well. This is something that other classes still cannot provide unless I missed something.
    SS is not going to affect anyone else but shaman who cast it. also it is very unlikely enha will consume all 4 charges with nature spells, he would have to have MSW twice for LB and also twice ES shock, and if thats the case, than next SS wont have all charges consumed due to CDs and procs.
    imo they should change SS back to all elemental damage, since LvB is no longer part on MSW. i see NO problem with it, considering it would benefit lavalash and flameshock only.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    SS is not going to affect anyone else but shaman who cast it. also it is very unlikely enha will consume all 4 charges with nature spells, he would have to have MSW twice for LB and also twice ES shock, and if thats the case, than next SS wont have all charges consumed due to CDs and procs.
    imo they should change SS back to all elemental damage, since LvB is no longer part on MSW. i see NO problem with it, considering it would benefit lavalash and flameshock only.
    Ah, that's the part I missed. It used to be great as well for the ele shams to use a charge or boomkins.

Really liking how resto is turning out to be honest. Seeing how the dual spec thing is going to pan out is basically what is keeping me from completely deciding on what spec I want to be. All changes are looking pretty good IMO

Oh noes it's the return of the incredibly OP fire nova totem stun! D=

Right funky??? ;D!!!

Personally, I'd be more worried about a mage and 3 copies of himself coming after us. ;D

I'm just playing....you're a smart guy..we'll just have to agree to disagree on the nova totem.

Overall I'm really pretty happy with how Ele is shaping up for 3.0 and Lich King.

Can't wait to try thunderstorm!

Quote Originally Posted by Glassjaw
    Can you please explain how that is OP? I fail to see anywhere where that totem is OP.
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz

WF weapon procs should not only add the added AP + additional weapon swings but imo should become nature damage (wind) allowing the full use of the newly changed SS

Is Thunderstorm really worth the 5 points in SEF you have to effectively waste to get it? With no changes to SEF, and it being the focal point of unused deep PvE talents, how will the 3% mana buff dictate the use of 6 talent points?

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC

WF weapon procs should not only add the added AP + additional weapon swings but imo should become nature damage (wind) allowing the full use of the newly changed SS
    I think this is a good idea makes perfect sense and honestly surprised I never heard it before

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite
    I think this is a good idea makes perfect sense and honestly surprised I never heard it before

It would also bypass armor mitigation making it a pretty nice buff to enhancement in pvp (needed imo)

well someone post it on the beta forums

DId everyone just ignore the fact that now fire nova takes forever to go off.... since the drop time was removed from the talents... it seems worthless now after i looked it over... NOONE will stay within that totem for 2-3 secs w/e the fuckin cast time may be.... so stupid

The issue with lightning bolt and chain lightning are not the coefficients, its that there are no scaling talents that other classes receive. Elemental Shamans do well until other classes start pulling away due to the scaling nature of their talents.

A simple fix would be to replace the already useless SEF talent and make a change to Flametongue Weapon. Along with these chances, either the mana cost would need to be raised from 10% to 15% on LB and 33% to 37% on CL or the total damage reduced reduced by about 25%.Also since this would change the spells to be more similar to the other casters, the coefficients should be raised as well to be in the range of 1 or so.

Storm, Earth and Fire
    Increase Spell Power by 3/6/9/12/15% of your Intellect.

This would provide better scaling of lightning bolt and chain lighting as your gear improved.

Flametongue Weapon.
    Imbue the Shaman's weapon with fire, increasing total spell power by 30% of your intellect. Lasts 30 minutes.

Blizzard has already said this is intended to be an elemental wep enchant, remove the proc and change the spell power to a % for scaling. The 30% was based off the current level 71 flametongue spell power assuming avg gear T4/T5/Badge. At 71 with about 500int you will get 150 spell power current version gives 157.

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC

agree

Quote Originally Posted by metzin
    The issue with lightning bolt and chain lightning are not the coefficients, its that there are no scaling talents that other classes receive. Elemental Shamans do well until other classes start pulling away due to the scaling nature of their talents.

A simple fix would be to replace the already useless SEF talent and make a change to Flametongue Weapon. Along with these chances, either the mana cost would need to be raised from 10% to 15% on LB and 33% to 37% on CL or the total damage reduced reduced by about 25%.Also since this would change the spells to be more similar to the other casters, the coefficients should be raised as well to be in the range of 1 or so.

Storm, Earth and Fire
    Increase Spell Power by 3/6/9/12/15% of your Intellect.

This would provide better scaling of lightning bolt and chain lighting as your gear improved.

Flametongue Weapon.
    Imbue the Shaman's weapon with fire, increasing total spell power by 30% of your intellect. Lasts 30 minutes.

Blizzard has already said this is intended to be an elemental wep enchant, remove the proc and change the spell power to a % for scaling. The 30% was based off the current level 71 flametongue spell power assuming avg gear T4/T5/Badge. At 71 with about 500int you will get 150 spell power current version gives 157.
    double agree. tho CL is expensive already as it is, and LB cost could easily be 12-13%, its still 100+ mana for those 3%, being it 15% with shaman high base mana, it would surpass all other spells from toher classes for dmg/mana ratio

Quote Originally Posted by Glassjaw

Right funky??? ;D!!!
    You are correct, sir. That totem is fucking ridiculous...

does anyone else think that the imp SS talent is starting to look kinda pointless. If we are the only ones who can use the charges and we wont have enought time in between SS's to use all the charges what the hells the point other than the CD reduction that is. Id rather have them buff the damage increase than add charges. at least we can use that

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdome
    does anyone else think that the imp SS talent is starting to look kinda pointless. If we are the only ones who can use the charges and we wont have enought time in between SS's to use all the charges what the hells the point other than the CD reduction that is. Id rather have them buff the damage increase than add charges. at least we can use that
    in certain specs for PVE it would have to be ditched

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...35321131021050

not set on the enh talents but call of thunder will be great in lb dmg the wolfs wont do much dps on a raid and if you know you wont need to clean snares much (depending on a fight) they're trivial.
    As much as i hate the long cast of the nova totem it can be used in aoe trash and if the stun works it'd be a nice kick 8)

I'd be extremely curious to see the developers forum at Blizz con, esp the shaman part. Damn that's gonna be a serious QQ fest and deservedly so.

Chances are though, they'll make sure a mandatory Starcraft tournament is going on at the same time, so we won't get a video of it.

There are some simply amazing quotes that will be used

Koraa - 'you're damage is fine, almost too good'
    GC 3 hours later 'the good news is that your damage is low...'
    GC again, 'you're doing more damage than healers...'

The developers are going to get ripped.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Miranger
    in certain specs for PVE it would have to be ditched

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...35321131021050

not set on the enh talents but call of thunder will be great in lb dmg the wolfs wont do much dps on a raid and if you know you wont need to clean snares much (depending on a fight) they're trivial.
    As much as i hate the long cast of the nova totem it can be used in aoe trash and if the stun works it'd be a nice kick 8)
    5% extra crit chance on a spell Enh Shammys will only infrequently cast and for that you give up the puppies which are currently adding around 100dps and thats without the AP scaling in next patch? You are also giving up on DW hit by 2% which means you will need a lot of extra hit on your gear to reach hit cap. Our initial aim is pointing in the direction of capping hit & expertise first. Although its still a bit early as things are still changing a lot to give definitive EP numbers.

Have you run your build through the EnhSim? http://code.google.com/p/enhsim/downloads/list my guess is if you try it and compare it to the current suggested cookie cutter (which comes with the program a file called BestDPSBuild.txt) you will find yours has a substantial drop off in dps.