Poll: Whitch will be the best class soloing old instances? (+60 instances)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Whitch will be the best class soloing old instances? (+60 instances)

Whitch will be the best class doing the +60 instances? I the best and quickest way.

Re: Whitch will be the best class soloing old instances? (+60 instances)

Ret Pally

The one who can heal, who has high armor and many defensive skills.

Yes. But there are still classes that can do it better than other.

I voted Death Knight. Blood DKs have pretty insane self-sustenance.

Paladin, Blood DK, or Prot Warrior.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Prot Warrior can't heal.

Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

Every class can get the last 3... Only the first is Warrior's only.
    Anyway I guess Druid can do it well with their HoT's.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft
    Lol... If you think any of that will actually let you solo instances you otherwise couldn't, then you're in for one heck of a repair bill. Not only are they cooldowns but all of them together do not restore even half your HP bar.

The only thing on that list that can actually make the difference between something being soloable and not is the figurine trinket, and the encounters conditioned for it to turn the tide like that can probably be counted on one hand. In fact, I can't think of anything other than ZG panther boss.
    Considering I am a level 80 protection warrior on the beta and have been soloing old world instances using just 3 out of the above 4 things, I'd say you're talking out of your ass.

As for those being available to other classes as well, other classes don't take advantage of it as well as a warrior. In full tank gear(Read: actually decent tank gear, not the failure karazhan-level gear some of you people think is epic) you can extend your survivability for quite a long time. Hell, for those of you that are on the beta and are familiar with some of the quests, I was able to solo A Hero's Burden in Sholazar with no significant cooldown usage at level 77.

Blood DK's all the way.

Many classes can "easily" solo old instances (note, instances, not raid bosses, we're not talking about soloing Onyxia). I've known hunters who solo Stratholme for easy cash (illusion dust, large brilliant shards, and especially eternal essences sell for tons), and I've personally soloed Stratholme as both a combat spec rogue as well as a protection warrior. Rogues can't heal; that's ok, their dodge is insane and so is their dps. Who needs to heal when you can kill your enemy quicker than it can kill you? Prot warriors can't heal; that's ok, they take almost no damage, especially when in lower instances, just keep Shield Block up and you're immune to physical damage, just watch out for magic-types, even though you'll be resisting almost all of that as well because you're 10 levels higher than the instance is tuned for.
    Druids and paladins can both solo things that rogues and warriors wouldn't be able to because they can heal themselves, but the time they spend healing themselves is minimal; if it required heavy healing they'd oom in a long fight anyway (especially if the 1 potion per combat goes live) and their heals generally take a fair bit of time, making the combat somewhat slow. Druids can dps fairly well while tanking, paladins notsomuch (solo at least). Blood DKs on the other hand will still have very high armor and avoidance, high dps, and be able to heal themselves for 20% or 30% every 30 seconds? The healing will be by far enough, the time spent healing will mean quicker soloing, the higher dps while not healing means quicker soloing, DKs having the rune system for their dps and healing means never running oom which means chain pulling and less downtime (quicker soloing), they have strong aoe that, again, isn't mana dependant, which means quicker soloing. Get the point? Blood-spec Death Knights will be the ultimate for soloing old instances, hands down. They'll have just as good survivability when looking in the big picture, but will be able to clear much faster. The only exception I see to this is instances where rogues/druids can stealth past trash mobs and just farm bosses (like Stratholme, before the Slaugherhouse anyway).

Happy hunting.

I'm prot on beta atm and lvl 80 Did all pre wrath instances soloed. Cept botonica. To many casters.

shock wave kills most of the mobs with thunderclap. And I can get all my health back with enraged regeneration.

But mostly damage sheild kills them in my block gear. 600. 600 600 600 600 600 lights up on my screen everytime I pop Sheild block. They kill them selfs. Easy enough huh?

plz remember that DK's don't get the 2% dmg to healing against targets not giving honor or XP so its not quite so easy, but I'd still agree that they are the best at soloing due to the 1 min cd of rune tap to heal 10% hp's or the death strike ability as long as the target had diseases its healing for 2k+ at lvl 70 anyway every 8 sec? forget the cd on that one :P. and the other small cd's they can buff themselves or debuff mobs with to regain more health.

There is no question about it.. Paladin. Protection or Retribution or even Holy.

far second is DK and Hunter.
    It's just a game.

warlock or pally :P

ive ran my enhancement shaman through plenty of 60 instances, stormstrike +windfury +grounding totem if needed usually kills quick. heal up, water shield, sham rage when you need it, keep going. seems the easiest to me

Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft
    Lol... If you think any of that will actually let you solo instances you otherwise couldn't, then you're in for one heck of a repair bill. Not only are they cooldowns but all of them together do not restore even half your HP bar.

The only thing on that list that can actually make the difference between something being soloable and not is the figurine trinket, and the encounters conditioned for it to turn the tide like that can probably be counted on one hand. In fact, I can't think of anything other than ZG panther boss.
    You've obviously never seen Figurine of the Colossus in action.

If you're a prot warrior using that in an instance 20 levels below you, the only way you can really die is if your shield breaks.
    Rocket Sauce.

I can't tell about DK's, as i never played one. But i know ret paladin will smack through low level instances.

At the PTR, with my 3 parts S1, 2 parts S3 geared ret pala i could solo ramparts with no problem, nor having manabreaks.

Putting seal of light on even, means less damage dealt, but as seals will proc on judges and divine storm, it healed me for 600 x 3-4 every DS. That combined with 250 consecrate ticks, and 160 ticks on retri aura gives a lot of damage. I just kept myself alive.

On PTR i soloed shadowlabs untill second boss. I couldn't kill first boss, as his fear messed things up. But even the 5 (!) lvl 69-70 elites where killable in 1 pull. Ofc i had to wait for bubble + repentance and some original kiting, so it didn't went fast. But i did it.

hunters with "tank" specced pets such as a gorilla (for aoe tank)

2 pieces T5, the new spirit bond and mend pet he can pretty much tank everything....
    Waiting for SWTOR (Star wars: the old republic)

www.swtor.com

or... GW2... undecided

Quote Originally Posted by Raikken
    ... Only the first is Warrior's only.
    Uhh.. and Paladins.

Cheers