Enchanting - Useless for Rogues?

I am currently leveling a rogue alt and have managed to get his enchanting up to 300. Now that I have seen that the BoP enchants are actually on wands and rings, I am not sure if I should continue leveling it to 375 and further in WotLK.

I am just looking for a link to the ring enchants in WotLK and some opinions on the topic.
    Kuura - Warrior | Jubie'Thos
    Kuraa - Priest | Jubie'Thos
    Kuurah - Rogue | Jubie'Thos

Re: Enchanting - Useless for Rogues?

It is just so hard to use Google.com isnt it?

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=44645

Enchant Ring - Haste ?? Permanently enchant a ring to increase haste rating by 20. Only the Enchanter's rings can be enchanted, and enchanting a ring will cause it to become soulbound. Found here at mmo-champ

Quote Originally Posted by Kuura
    I am currently leveling a rogue alt and have managed to get his enchanting up to 300. Now that I have seen that the BoP enchants are actually on wands and rings, I am not sure if I should continue leveling it to 375 and further in WotLK.

I am just looking for a link to the ring enchants in WotLK and some opinions on the topic.
    In this your saying that mongoose and / or executioner are not good, and youunderstand that the few extra stats can be the difference between a 1% wipe and a kill.
    Megademon [110] Warlock - Area 52 (US)
    Tailoring/Enchanting

I say go BS lol, btw anyone heard if the amount of sockets you can put on your gear is limited?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberek
    In this your saying that mongoose and / or executioner are not good, and youunderstand that the few extra stats can be the difference between a 1% wipe and a kill.
    Neither Mongoose nor Executioner is a self-only enchant.

lol, ofc it IS limited(can you imagine putting 10 gems in one piece of armor?). question is HOW it's limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishanah
    I say go BS lol, btw anyone heard if the amount of sockets you can put on your gear is limited?
    Are you seriously asking this question? REALLY?
    Don't you think that unlimited Gem slots would be a bit much.....
    Oh cool this rogue has +2456 Attack Power through gems in his chest, WOOT!?

No no i didnt mean like 'would u be able to put 50 sockets on a sword" i mean more of like will you only be able to use total of lets say 15 sockets

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ3ster
    Are you seriously asking this question? REALLY?
    Don't you think that unlimited Gem slots would be a bit much.....
    Oh cool this rogue has +2456 Attack Power through gems in his chest, WOOT!?
    Maybe he wants to know if you can only put, lets say, 3 additional sockets into your whole gear (e.g. helmet+chest+shoulders OR legs+hands+bracers, etc.) or if you can put one additional socket into every item you have with sockets in it?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

No no i didnt mean like 'would u be able to put 50 sockets on a sword" i mean more of like will you only be able to use total of lets say 15 sockets
    15 In your gear total is still a bit of overkill. I think the idea of the added sockets is so that you can make an item that doesn't have sockets better then anyone else could. I would also imagine if you get to pick the slot color it would allow for A LOT of customization amongst various people.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ3ster
    15 In your gear total is still a bit of overkill. I think the idea of the added sockets is so that you can make an item that doesn't have sockets better then anyone else could. I would also imagine if you get to pick the slot color it would allow for A LOT of customization amongst various people.
    from what i remember i read it was an all collor slot, i might be wrong

Deleted

Enchanting will be a profession that will give an advantage to wand classes(priest/mage/warlock)
    You can use it for the ususal self enchant recipes, that was the only enchanter only usefull part in the past.
    Probabily the reason to make encahnting better for cloth wear classes is, many of them pick up tailoring wich fits perfectly with enchanting since neither of them requires a gathering profession and you can also disenchant many crafted tailor crafted items(this is kinda cool if you will raise your professions in the same time).
    Anyway nice addition with those wands i will love them on my tail/ench priest.

My Rogue alt is an Enchanter. It comes in handy for Stealth runs and DEing stuff from my other toons. I did not do it for profit and or to enchant my own stuff per se.

I just found it easier to have a toon that I could mail stuff to for DEing and if I needed to get certain lower mats, Stealth runs where an option.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Roberek
    Yeah but I also could get more stats from a different profession such as leather working which has the improved BoP Leg Armor which would give a higher DPS bonus overall.

The limit is 3 gems on your equipped gear. This means that you can have more sockets on other gear that you may alternate for say PvE and PvP but you may only have 3 extra sockets.

Also These sockets are not coloured, meaning that you can put what ever coloured gem you wish to put in it.

Also These sockets are not coloured, meaning that you can put what ever coloured gem you wish to put in it.
    You can put any colour gem into any colour socket regardless of colour. You can put a red gem into a blue socket if you want, all you lose is the socket bonus. I run into a lot of people in my wow time who still dont realize this. I'm going to assume you do know this and its just a quirk of your sentence structure.

Quote Originally Posted by DruidFTW
    You can put any colour gem into any colour socket regardless of colour. You can put a red gem into a blue socket if you want, all you lose is the socket bonus. I run into a lot of people in my wow time who still dont realize this. I'm going to assume you do know this and its just a quirk of your sentence structure.
    Yeah I knew that, but i was just saying how you can put in any coloured gem without loosing the bonus.

To answer the OP, no, Enchanting is not useless by any means, especially with the Ring chants being amazing.

Still, for a rogue, other professions may be more useful. Engineering and LWing come to mind quickly, especially as they're what I am <3

Glove enchant for 400 Haste, Trinkets, Bracer chants, Goggles, and BoP Gear.. yay.

As opposed to BS...

Leet weapons.. and a couple gem slots.

Granted, those Gems may produce a greater effect than our ring enchants. But that remains to be seen.

It should also be said that JC is a sexy Rogue profession.

JC and BS together even more so.