Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Beta Priests > Still the fun healing class?

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    I didn't say all Americans are retards (a fair percentage are but meh they tend not to use the internet), I just seen an entire thread where someone said 'the patch on Wednesday' and there were several 'AMG patches are always Tuesday idiot' or 'WEDNESDAY? stfu retard.' I just wanted to remind people that Europeans have Wednesday patch days before someone started the whole Tuesday thing again. If you want to take everything personal then tough.
    Haha well said! Americans who don't understand there is life outside of America are so annoying. I was probably as annoying as them before I lived in a foreign country (Japan) for two years and learned that there are other cultures/ideas etc and they aren't necessarily bad or wrong.

Hoorah for globalization!

I'm going to make this thread go off-topic! Oh wait, it already derailed long ago....

Ufalah - no matter how superior you are in thinking that you are better and know more than everyone else because you are in a magnificent SWP guild, your opinions DON'T MEAN JACK SHIT anymore. So stfu and have a nice day. This thread was never meant to discuss how much better down-ranking supposedly is than not down-ranking, the OP was just asking if healing as a priest would still be fun in WotLK. I'm sure the OP has long since left the thread because he discovered that all he is going to find here is you spreading your cum from your e-peen over all the "non down-ranking noobs" because you know that there will be none of your sauce left to spread after today! Seriously, stop prancing around because no one cares and your methods were apparently wrong because now they are non-existent.

END OF STORY!

To OP: I haven't had the chance to play in beta but from all that I've been reading yes, it does appear as though priests are still going to be very fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Squishypants
    It seems like, in the mass of debating which method of healing requires more "skill" to play, we have totally missed the fact that BOTH methods are usually required to keep the tank alive.

It has been mentioned, priests are the MOST diverse healers. Therefore the most SKILLED priests, play to compliment the other healers in the raid at any given point, not decide their play style and stick to it.

You got Paladins spamming big heals on the tanks, or another priest stopcasting? Downrank. You have a paladin/druid/shaman spamming low ranks/small heals on the tanks? Use stopcasting. There are plenty of ways to take into consideration the raid make-up and decide what your playstyle should be for any given fight. The priests that adapt on a whim most effectively are the priests with skill, period.

With the removal of downranking, its going to make healer composition and assignments a bit more challenging but give priests more limited options on their playstyle.

To answer to OP, yes I believe priests will still be a fun healing class, though from the sounds of changes made to other classes they may be fun as well!
    Thank you, I was beginning to think I was the only priest who used both styles & just adapted in w/e was needed at that moment. Aaand on topic, I think my holy priest will still be fun.

Just have to mention this.

Some ppl are bitching about downranking beinga "must" on Brut, i say thats bullshit.

With the proper raid setup, gear balance, consumables and rotation for fiend/pots/trinket and IF there should be no major issue for a priest to maintain GH's on tanks without downranking, or stopcasting.

I managed my mana with pretty much constant chainig of max rank GH (just breaking for some GCD's to activate firnd/IF) for the entire fight, never got any innervates.

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    I'm going to make this thread go off-topic! Oh wait, it already derailed long ago....

Ufalah - no matter how superior you are in thinking that you are better and know more than everyone else because you are in a magnificent SWP guild, your opinions DON'T MEAN JACK SHIT anymore. So stfu and have a nice day. This thread was never meant to discuss how much better down-ranking supposedly is than not down-ranking, the OP was just asking if healing as a priest would still be fun in WotLK. I'm sure the OP has long since left the thread because he discovered that all he is going to find here is you spreading your cum from your e-peen over all the "non down-ranking noobs" because you know that there will be none of your sauce left to spread after today! Seriously, stop prancing around because no one cares and your methods were apparently wrong because now they are non-existent.

END OF STORY!
    Apparently reading isn't your strong point. I already said the most valid portions of your post before. As for e-peen/cum spraying w/e... please stop living your fantasies through me. It is just plain creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ufalah
    The arguement isn't "mute" or "moot" or "invalid" or whatever. The point stands. Pre-patch downranking was the surer, safer, BETTER for progression way of keeping your tank alive.

If you think the patch means that b/c you didn't downrank you are now going to be superior, gl hf dlytd (don't let your tank die) because with all of the new spells etc it isn't going to be Gheal, HL, w/e mass-spam while stopcasting. Maybe....! You will have to pick from other spells?!

Either way, even if mass-spam/stopcast works, the new mana-regen added to the game has negated the need for downranking. Another way Blizzard is making the game playable for the extremely young, extremely old, and extremely slow-minded. Go go ez-mode tanking! DPS, don't worry about threat, a baby with no hands could keep aggro under this new method! Healers, don't worry about mana, spam your biggest heals! Tanks, all of your attacks do absurd damage now! GG.

Who needs skill when you have Blizzard?
    So yeah. Thanks for playing.