Page 1 of 2
LastLast

*Suggestion Enhancement*

Static Shock 3/3:
    You have a 6% chance to hit your target with a Lightning Shield Orb charge when you do damage, and increases the number of charges of your Lightning Shield by 6.

Change to:

You have a 6% chance on hit your target to consume one charge of Lightning Shield and cast one instant Chain Lightning on target, also increases the number of charges of your Lightning Shield by 6.

more interesting  ;D, the actual is useless :

-----

OR just remove this talents and put back the improved shamanistic rage to be immune a fear and stun we dont have nothing good for PvP

Re: *Suggestion Enhancement*

Too OP. Static shock looks fine imo - its always little bit more damage...

Quote Originally Posted by Masptak
    Too OP. Static shock looks fine imo - its always little bit more damage...
    yes, but have other talents more interesting to pick at this points

For pure PvE I'm gonna test something like this:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...35331131031051

I dont see anything more usefull for couple last points then static shock... Improved Stormstrike its kinda worthless - since 8 sec cd only gonna mess up dps rotation and SS debuff not gonna be usefull for shammys aswell since we gonna spam Lava Burst... Just an idea... gonna be sure at lvl 80 :P

I dont see anything more usefull for couple last points then static shock... Improved Stormstrike its kinda worthless - since 8 sec cd only gonna mess up dps rotation and SS debuff not gonna be usefull for shammys aswell since we gonna spam Lava Burst... Just an idea... gonna be sure at lvl 80 :P
    lava burst isnt more instant when stack maelstrm hammer, only chain lightning and lightning bolt for dps

Lava Burst is still instant afaik - and according to newest talent calculator.

Will see when game gonna be ready - problem with Improved stormstrike is that... we aint gonna benefit this extra nature damage anyway - rogues, boomkins, or even ele shammy in raids are "eating" our damage :P Also rotation with 6 sec Lava lash and 8 sec SS looks kinda... weird.

Will see when game gonna be ready - problem with Improved stormstrike is that... we aint gonna benefit this extra nature damage anyway - rogues, boomkins, or even ele shammy in raids are "eating" our damage :P Also rotation with 6 sec Lava lash and 8 sec SS looks kinda... weird.
    the stormstrike is only for the caster now!
    omg read blue posts

Instantly attack with both weapons. In addition, the next 2 sources of Nature damage dealt to the target from the Shaman are increased by 20%. Lasts 12 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by todddyn
    Static Shock 3/3:
    You have a 6% chance to hit your target with a Lightning Shield Orb charge when you do damage, and increases the number of charges of your Lightning Shield by 6.

Change to:

You have a 6% chance on hit your target to consume one charge of Lightning Shield and cast one instant Chain Lightning on target, also increases the number of charges of your Lightning Shield by 6.

more interesting ;D, the actual is useless :

-----

OR just remove this talents and put back the improved shamanistic rage to be immune a fear and stun we dont have nothing good for PvP
    I think the Chain lightning is a bit over the top. If it fired off automaticly, like lightning overload does, that would make it hell in PvE with this talent. Also, why have another way to fire a instant chain lightning, if we already have Maelstrom Weapon? Seems like it is just going backwards, trying to get forwards.

I am a bit worried that static shock isn't going to do that well, but I don't know how things balance at 80.

I want to see how much of a dps increase i get if i put on the Lightning capatcitor as one of my trinkets and go enhance... 8)

anyway.. static shock is nice, improved stormstrike is bad now since it only buffs your own nature damage and your suggestion is too overpowered.

It's just a game.

Deleted

You are over talenting Ancestral Knowledge 3/5 is sufficient the extra 2 give you very little, far better with the bigger dps boost from faster SS. Also 3/3 Call of Flame is better 2/3 Call of Flame 1/1 Elemental Focus.

To the guy who said Lava Burst still instant cast. Nope its not, been said on these forums already. Similarly SS charges are now shaman who cast it only so no other raid members can "eat" your charges. The problem at present is its difficult to see how we will eat our own charges as that requires 4 types of nature damage in 8 seconds.

Imp stormstrike is going to need some changes, because right now, the extra charges aren't really worth it (ie shaman can't even use them all in the amount of time available), and the cd isn't really helpful considering you have to time it to match the WF CD. It's certainly not worth 2 spec points, especially when there are some really juicy talents in the low end of elemental that synergize with enhancement crazy good like.

in other words, spend your points in elemental instead of imp SS.

this is the spec i'm looking at right now for grinding to 80.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...35331131001051

myrddinde

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    I want to see how much of a dps increase i get if i put on the Lightning capatcitor as one of my trinkets and go enhance... 8)

anyway.. static shock is nice, improved stormstrike is bad now since it only buffs your own nature damage and your suggestion is too overpowered.

Lightning Capacitator? You are aware that Static Shock can never crit and it hardly procs also. Considering you need to glyph and waste 6 talent points on it it is way to weak. Glyphed, specced for it with WF/FT and FT totem it hits for about 1150 damage, which is really amazing. (/irony off)
    It did 2-3% of my total damage when I simulated a long fight (2 mio damage), fully glyphed and specced all into shields.

About Stormstrike, You are aware you are going to spam lightning or even chainlightning with more than one mob (cl also gives more chances on more targets to proc elemental devastation), so you want all the charges you can get.

"It fucks up my rotation" is a silly remark. Because you are doing the wrong rotation then. You should be aware that Stormstrike procs Maelstrom Weapon, same as Lava Lash, so improved stormstrike is actually quite nice, because it helps to build MSW faster. Even if you leave out that you cast an earth shock and 1-2 lightning bolts on its uptime. You will notice it a lot when it runs out, trust me.

The new, less mathy - lol, shaman gives a lot more diversity in playstyle, I jsut think that lightning capacitator is none of them ;-)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by topfer
    Imp stormstrike is going to need some changes, because right now, the extra charges aren't really worth it (ie shaman can't even use them all in the amount of time available), and the cd isn't really helpful considering you have to time it to match the WF CD. It's certainly not worth 2 spec points, especially when there are some really juicy talents in the low end of elemental that synergize with enhancement crazy good like.

in other words, spend your points in elemental instead of imp SS.

this is the spec i'm looking at right now for grinding to 80.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...35331131001051
    Agreed Imp.SS now they removed fire and frost dmg is a bit weak as yes its difficult to do 4 lots of nature damage in 8 seconds. Your talent build ignores Static Shock, that suggests you are unaware its currently doing 150 dps for 3 talent points? This is far better than where you have put those points in Convection.

You are also over budget in Ancestral Knowledge its a weak talent and 3 points is max anyone should be putting in we won't be gearing for int, and the dps boost from this is very low compared with other talents. Two from AK into Static Shock gives a massive dps boost.

Quote Originally Posted by myrddinde
    Lightning Capacitator? You are aware that Static Shock can never crit and it hardly procs also. Considering you need to glyph and waste 6 talent points on it it is way to weak. Glyphed, specced for it with WF/FT and FT totem it hits for about 1150 damage, which is really amazing. (/irony off)
    It did 2-3% of my total damage when I simulated a long fight (2 mio damage), fully glyphed and specced all into shields.
    Static shock is a straight 3 points where did you get 6 from? And whats that about you needing a glyph for it? Its a solid talent giving 50 dps per point well worth taking. Base your comments on real tested data rather than your feelings please. A two minute fight is far far too short to give any meaningful data. Those that have done 1hr fights have settled on the precisely calculated figure of 50 dps.

About Stormstrike, You are aware you are going to spam lightning or even chainlightning with more than one mob (cl also gives more chances on more targets to proc elemental devastation), so you want all the charges you can get.

"It fucks up my rotation" is a silly remark. Because you are doing the wrong rotation then. You should be aware that Stormstrike procs Maelstrom Weapon, same as Lava Lash, so improved stormstrike is actually quite nice, because it helps to build MSW faster. Even if you leave out that you cast an earth shock and 1-2 lightning bolts on its uptime. You will notice it a lot when it runs out, trust me.

The new, less mathy - lol, shaman gives a lot more diversity in playstyle, I jsut think that lightning capacitator is none of them ;-)
    CL is a poor dps/mana spell and a lot lower dps than LB for an Enh Shammy. We are hardly going to "spam lightning" use it when we get 5 stacks of MW yes but "spam" it??? CL may be useful in some fights but in general probably not.

Agree that rotation comment was silly. We won't have a "rotation" we will have a priority, anyone who macros a rotation will be sacrificing a massive amount of dps for one button clueless kiddie style play.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    we won't be gearing for int
    Mental Dexterity Rank 3
    Increases your Attack Power by 100% of your Intellect.

Need to comment more ?

Ofc not but on my shammy with half leather gear (BT / SWP) i got something like 260-270 int (cant remember exacly). So... with new 80 lvl "purplez" i bet its gonna be easy to reach like over 400+ int and if you know your spec - you should know what is "extra" 400 ap for melee shammy...

Deleted

Mental Dexterity Rank 3
    Increases your Attack Power by 100% of your Intellect.

Need to comment more ?
    Yup, lots of need for more comment. If you take talents at face value without bothering to understand their interaction theres lots of things that sound good, then when you do the maths you find they suck.

This is an excellent talent, but it doesn't make Int a valuable stat to Enh Shamans, certainly not above reaching spell hit cap, expertise cap, crit rating, attack power and agility. Do the maths don't just look at the shiny tooltip.

And yes at lvl 80 we will have more Int than we do now, but we have done the maths and its STILL not a stat to aim for at the expense of other far better stats.

Man you dont need to aim for it... Just check how 80 lvl naxx sets looks - or even blue 80 lvl items... Check how much +int there is...

myrddinde

Static shock is a straight 3 points where did you get 6 from? And whats that about you needing a glyph for it? Its a solid talent giving 50 dps per point well worth taking. Base your comments on real tested data rather than your feelings please. A two minute fight is far far too short to give any meaningful data. Those that have done 1hr fights have settled on the precisely calculated figure of 50 dps.
    Well, I base my experience on Beta Raids with my leveled up shaman in Naxxramas. If you want to go Static shock you should also pick up the glyph and some improved shields to get the max out of it? It did only 2-3% of my damage on real-non-simulated fights.

Even with water shield you run dry pretty fast, and I am not talking about wasting mana with chain lightning on bosses or single target mobs.

CL is a poor dps/mana spell and a lot lower dps than LB for an Enh Shammy. We are hardly going to "spam lightning" use it when we get 5 stacks of MW yes but "spam" it??? CL may be useful in some fights but in general probably not.
    MSW is at 5 stacks most of the time when the cooldown for CL is over ;-) (Given improved stormstrike and you don't slack with Lava Lash.
    But I was referring to using CL on thrash, because you have 3 times the chance to proc Elemental Devastation, Elemental Focus. Heck even with only 4 MSW procs it is an alternative to get the possible 10k+ out, to make you look not totally bad in comparison with other classes.

Edit: I just found out where you got the 2 minute thingy from ... 2 mio = 2 million damage and that is hardly 2 minutes ;-)

Deleted

Man you dont need to aim for it... Just check how 80 lvl naxx sets looks - or even blue 80 lvl items... Check how much +int there is...
    Exactly so why were you giving a negative response to my comment that we won't be gearing for Int?? We WON'T BE AIMING/GEARING for Int. It will come as part of our kit as a "bonus" we shouldn't be seeking Int as a major stat. It's nice and does a lot for us but we have far more important stats.

Well, I base my experience on Beta Raids with my leveled up shaman in Naxxramas. If you want to go Static shock you should also pick up the glyph and some improved shields to get the max out of it? It did only 2-3% of my damage on real-non-simulated fights.
    The glyph is weak compared with other glyph choices, Imp.Shields is weak compared with other choices. This is regardless of whether you take Static Shock or not, static shock makes them slightly more attractive but not so attractive that they become something to take. 3 more in Elemental fury is far better than 3 in Imp.Shields for instance. So why bother with them?

Static shock is a 50dps per point boost, that's 150 dps for 3/3. Ok so yes its not earth shattering but its a hell of a lot better than some of the alternatives. Most real raid testing so far has shown that mana seems fine as long as you are using SR when its available. I must admit from some of the testing I'd prefer more of a buffer window as a different raid composition can easily mean a 10-15 sec wait before SR is off cd. This is why we are arguing for a change to Static Shock to have it affect Water Shield as well. So that you can have talent synergy. ie: putting 3 points here means either 150 dps or more mana, so that either way you get a benefit from the spell.